1.    #1  
    Just registering my interest for an MSX emu on the TouchPad. Doing some digging around I found this: MSX.emu - Ex Plus Alpha
    MSX.emu is an MSX1/2/2+/TurboR emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS, and WebOS.
    I've seen Robert's great work on iOS and Android (via the iCP community). The MSX emu is marked as 'coming soon', and I really hope there is enough support in the webOS scene to justify a nice TP optimised version. The wishlist would include a range of scaling options, and BT keyboard/controller support.

I'm willing to pay for it. The TP would be a great platform to finally finish a run through of Metal Gear 2. Anyone else?
    Last edited by gruso; 09/13/2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i'd rather have one for genesis
    Would love a PSX emulator.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i'd rather have one for genesis
    Robert has got a Genesis/MD emu in the pipeline too. Along with MSX it's already released for iOS and Android, just waitin' for that webOS port. He's already got some other emus out for webOS (check links on his site), so anyone who wants more ports should pick something up to show him we're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Would love a PSX emulator.
    Not sure if any PSX is in the pipeline, but if any keen devs are listening, PCSX_reARMed would be a great version to base a port on.
  5.    #5  
    (sorry for doublepost, relevant new info)

Just had a reply from Robert (aka Rakashazi) on the iCP forums. Seems I had a fact or two wrong - the MD emu is out, but only for phones. I couldn't check this because it wasn't available in my location (Aus). Anyway, here's the full exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruso
    Hey Robert, any word on webOS releases? (And if I can be really cheeky... Touchpad friendly?) I'm particularly interested in MSX, and I'm willing to pay.
    MD.emu is already out. With MSX.emu I was waiting for the possibility that HP reserved some remaining TouchPads for developers but it doesn't seem likely. Hopefully you have a Pre since the apps won't run properly on a TouchPad due to API changes in the OS. If I do end up getting a unit then I'll definitely add support for it. Either way, I'll do another round of WebOS updates with the release of MSX.emu. Unfortunately the platform seems to be dying out as I've noticed downloads grinding to a halt. For example, MD.emu has only had 11 since release (1 total this month so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruso
    [edit] Oh, you may want to enable your existing apps for sale in Australia.
    Thanks for the heads up, just enabled Australia and New Zealand but it may take some time for the meta-data to take effect. Must have missed any announcement more countries were added
    tl;dr - If we want his awesome emus, he needs a Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruso View Post
    (sorry for doublepost, relevant new info)

Just had a reply from Robert (aka Rakashazi) on the iCP forums. Seems I had a fact or two wrong - the MD emu is out, but only for phones. I couldn't check this because it wasn't available in my location (Aus). Anyway, here's the full exchange:

tl;dr - If we want his awesome emus, he needs a Touchpad!
    yeah i noticed he had Snes9x emulator too, and got super excited.. but then noticed it was not for touchpad
    Snes9x is my favorite snes emulator
    maybe some kind soul could donate one for his cause