Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    my system hung tonight removing an app. I had to do a hard boot (hold down the power and 'touch' key)

now, when I go into preware, it tells me I have 7 apps installed. I actually have over 100 (I think preware used to say 114)

how can I fix this?

alan
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    my system hung tonight removing an app. I had to do a hard boot (hold down the power and 'touch' key)

now, when I go into preware, it tells me I have 7 apps installed. I actually have over 100 (I think preware used to say 114)

how can I fix this?

alan
    This happened to me as well.. Dunno what the fix is, I just reinstalled stuff so the count would be accurate... :-P
    i also had that problem after i did the muffle system command line fix... i ended up doctoring because i was tired of having one issue after another lol..
    got the same issue. it even tells me I don't have uberkernel installed when govnah reports it is and is appropriately overclocked.

rather than doctoring, would it do any harm to just reinstall the patches/programs? that seems like the simplest solution.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I tried to live with it for a while, but there were other issues, so in the end, I Dr'ed it and it's all working fine again.

Alan
    Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility in Preware (search for it).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod

Thanks, Rod. That did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    I am having this same problem of preware not recognizing any of my installed patches. I downloaded the Emergency Reconstruction Utility but I can't find it anywhere in my Launcher, and I do not get an option to launch it from within preware. I am guessing this means it is time to doctor this TP?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I am having this same problem of preware not recognizing any of my installed patches. I downloaded the Emergency Reconstruction Utility but I can't find it anywhere in my Launcher, and I do not get an option to launch it from within preware. I am guessing this means it is time to doctor this TP?
    When this happened to me I had to restart my touchpad after downloading the Emergency Reconstruction Utility in order to see all my installed apps and patches.