Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since it looks like Audible is never going to get around to making a webOS app, I'm hoping a Homebrew Dev will take on the project.

Audible members do have the option to burn audiobooks to CD then rip them as MP3s. So, I would like to request an audiobook MP3 Player with bookmarks, FF, REV (full speed and in 10-30 increments).

This would also be helpful with MP3 audiobooks downloaded from the library.

I would pay $10 for this app if it supported both my Touchpad and my Pre.
    I would also like to see a media player specifically for audio books.
    Audible user here too... willing to pay $25 for the app described above.
    I'd pay for this also.
    Throw in the ability to bookmark/pick up the narrative where I left off when closing and run the audio through my bluetooth earpiece and I'm in.
    Audible has always been my #2 missed app on WebOS (#1 being Netflix).
    Put my name down too, pweaze for this thing.

Since we can't get an app that works natively with Audible, a modified audio player with advanced features would be so appreciated (the killer feature being the ability to have mid recording marking so you can re-start from where you left off - or even bookmark a particular spot).

Would this even be possible? Possibly something to do with capturing elapsed time on a recording?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Audible has always been my #2 missed app on WebOS (#1 being Netflix).
    Put my name down too, pweaze for this thing.

Since we can't get an app that works natively with Audible, a modified audio player with advanced features would be so appreciated (the killer feature being the ability to have mid recording marking so you can re-start from where you left off - or even bookmark a particular spot).

Would this even be possible? Possibly something to do with capturing elapsed time on a recording?
    Yes, Music Player (Remix) for TouchPad. It should be able to do what you are thinking. But you should watch the developers video about it or ask him on the forums. He has his own sub-forum on this site called Hedami.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Yes, Music Player (Remix) for TouchPad. It should be able to do what you are thinking. But you should watch the developers video about it or ask him on the forums. He has his own sub-forum on this site called Hedami.
    Was just composing a similar suggestion. Music Player (Remix) has the bookmarks and resume features, you just need to get your audio book into a supported format.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Yes, Music Player (Remix) has tons of manual and auto bookmarking features. Also you can tap and hold the album art on the Now Playing screen to display fine-tuned music controls (5, 30, and 60 second skipping in both directions).

And yes, it supports both phones and the TouchPad (running full-screen).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the Music Player suggestion. I purchased the app and will give it a try. Maybe adding a blurb about audiobooks could be added to the description. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Thanks for the Music Player suggestion. I purchased the app and will give it a try. Maybe adding a blurb about audiobooks could be added to the description. :-)
    Well it mentions bookmarking which is really helpful for many kinds of audio files, not just audio books.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Was just composing a similar suggestion. Music Player (Remix) has the bookmarks and resume features, you just need to get your audio book into a supported format.
    Any audible users know the best format to convert to?

also, what about the bluetooth earpiece support? Can it stream through one of these?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well it mentions bookmarking which is really helpful for many kinds of audio files, not just audio books.
    True but when I search for "audiobooks" in the catalog, your app does not come up. If it weren't for the suggestions in this thread, I would not even be aware of your app.

If you add a blurb about audiobooks, people who are not using this forum and also in need/want of an audiobook player app will have an easier time finding your app when looking through the catalog.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    also, what about the bluetooth earpiece support? Can it stream through one of these?
    I listen to music almost exclusively over Bluetooth.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I listen to music almost exclusively over Bluetooth.
    I'm not referring to special music headphones with BT capability, but rather one of those earpieces for talking on the phone. Will it work that way too?
    True but when I search for "audiobooks" in the catalog, your app does not come up. If it weren't for the suggestions in this thread, I would not even be aware of your app.

If you add a blurb about audiobooks, people who are not using this forum and also in need/want of an audiobook player app will have an easier time finding your app when looking through the catalog.
    If was searching for audiobook apps (or any audio apps), I'd look at the "Music" category in the catalog. Music Player (Remix) is #1 on the "Top" music app list. Also it's #3 on the top overall paid apps list. Should be easy to find.

Also I'm not sure if adding "audiobook" to the app description would work. When you submit an app, it asks you to define a main category and 3 sub-categories. I'm guessing that search results are based upon the categories, not the app descriptions, but I could be wrong. My main category is "music" and the 3 sub-categories I chose are "media", "player", and "mp3". If I had more I could define, then I'd add audiobook, but I think the ones I chose make the most sense for my app.

If was searching for audiobook apps (or any audio apps), I'd look at the "Music" category in the catalog. Music Player (Remix) is #1 on the "Top" music app list. Also it's #3 on the top overall paid apps list. Should be easy to find.

Also I'm not sure if adding "audiobook" to the app description would work. When you submit an app, it asks you to define a main category and 3 sub-categories. I'm guessing that search results are based upon the categories, not the app descriptions, but I could be wrong. My main category is "music" and the 3 sub-categories I chose are "media", "player", and "mp3". If I had more I could define, then I'd add audiobook, but I think the ones I chose make the most sense for my app.
    how about "audio" ?
    "mp3" seems a little dated.
  18.    #18  

I don't think of music when looking for anything spoken word, which is why I have not noticed your app (I have not been looking for a music player) :-) BTW, it is a beautiful app which looks very customizable. I'm going to make some conversions and play with it over the next couple of weeks.

I was unaware of the category limitations you have to choose from and I do agree they make sense for it's main purpose. I was actually suggesting that in the "description" you could mention audiobooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    how about "audio" ?
    "mp3" seems a little dated.
    "Audio" is a good idea. I still want "MP3" though since most people use MP3 files these days. I wish there were more tags available.

I don't think of music when looking for anything spoken word, which is why I have not noticed your app (I have not been looking for a music player) :-) BTW, it is a beautiful app which looks very customizable. I'm going to make some conversions and play with it over the next couple of weeks.
    "Music" may not be the first choice when looking for an app that focues on playing spoken-word audio; however I don't think any of the other main cateogories make sense either. "Music" seems the closest one to me.

I was unaware of the category limitations you have to choose from and I do agree they make sense for it's main purpose. I was actually suggesting that in the "description" you could mention audiobooks.
    When I get home I'll do some catalog search testing to see if it really picks up words from the app descriptions. My gut tells me it won't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast