Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    To everyone getting the Operation Error. This error only occurs when the app tries to access or write to the Kindle database. To fix this issue:

1. Make sure the com.palm.kindle file is in the /etc/palm/db/permissions directory.
    2. Try a restart
    3. If it is still failing try removing the com.palm.kindle file from the directory, rebooting the touchpad, adding it back, and rebooting again. This has happened to me twice and I am not sure why but this fixed it.

Edit: As m0ngr31 mentioned it might not hurt to reinstall the ipk instead of "adding it back" manually if you are on 1.1.2.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neomatic View Post
    i am using calibre to send books to touchpad ... do i need to import metadata or change mobi files ?
    You can run the script I posted earlier if you want image support
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    To everyone getting the Operation Error. This error only occurs when the app tries to access or write to the Kindle database. To fix this issue:

1. Make sure the com.palm.kindle file is in the /etc/palm/db/permissions directory.
    2. Try a restart
    3. If it is still failing try removing the com.palm.kindle file from the directory, rebooting the touchpad, adding it back, and rebooting again. This has happened to me twice and I am not sure why but this fixed it.
    Have you tried the new .ipk? Will you let me know if it installs the permissions properly? I just tried it again on mine and seems to be running great, but some people sound like they are having problems... I didn't even have to reboot after I install the new ipk
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    How do I install this on my touchpad? Do I download it from the site and use WOSQI to transfer it to my device or downloadvfirectly to my TP? I have preware and Gemini file manager installed. Great work BTW.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    You can download it and install it via WOSQI, or you can open up the link in your TP browser and Preware will install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Have you tried the new .ipk? Will you let me know if it installs the permissions properly? I just tried it again on mine and seems to be running great, but some people sound like they are having problems... I didn't even have to reboot after I install the new ipk
    Hi m0ngr31 even i had problems with the new ipk i have posted earlier about it. I copied and pasted the contents from com.palm.kindle from the github page to the file in permission folder that the new ipk created and rebooted and that worked. I dunno if there is some problem in the new permission file but this is what happened to me.
    This is what is i did

1.removed kindle import app....
    2. reinstalled kindle import app 1.12
    3. restarted hp touchpad
    3 .imported .mobi books using calibre .(only mobi files getting copied ... no cover in folder)
    4.started kindle kindle import app and loaded books got message operation failed but still saw loaded books then clicked on imported books got operations failed and application went back to original state
    5. started kindle application but i could not see imported mobi books.
    Worked for me. I removed the earlier version of Kindle Import, removed the permissions file, rebooted, installed 1.1.2 with preware and did the import. Unfortunately I am not able to test your image extracting application because all of my computers are Linux or Mac. I intend to get the Calibre plugin to send the images over when I get back in town.

To anyone still having the operation error I suggest following this procedure.

Edit: One other point, if you re-install Kindle you will need to copy the books over again as it removes the .palmkindle directory.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    **Ok guys follow these instructions and see if they work. This same set of instructions is working great for me**

1. Open Kindle App.
    2. Goto Settings -> Deregister this Device
    3. Use Preware or WOSQI to install this new version (1.1.3) found here
    4. Run my script on your books (if desired to get cover art of your books)
    5. Run Kindle-Import to load and then import books into the database.

If you follow these instructions very carefully and it should work
    How do i remove permission file ... it says readonly file system
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Just re-install with the new ipk file and it'll do it for you.
    I got it to finally work by putting the com.palm.kindle file in the director myself. Is it possible the ipk file doesn't do it right?

After I put the file in myself everything started working.

So what is everyone doing to get the book images, individually adding them after the book has been imported?
    Just re-install with the new ipk file and it'll do it for you.
    still same error

1. open kindle app
    2.deregister the device
    3. install 1.13 ipk file
    4. used calibre to import books to touchpad
    5. restarted
    6. usd kindle import app to load and import

still getting operation failed error
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    What version are you using? Are you deregistering the Kindle app first? You get the book images by running my script...
    What is it called in Preware?
    1.13 still giving me operation failed error...

I am getting following errot while copying com.palm.kindle ....anyone knows how to fix this...

root@xxxxxHPTouchPad:/media/internal# cp com.palm.kindle /etc/palm/db/permissio
    ns
    cp com.palm.kindle /etc/palm/db/permissio
    ns
    cp: can't create '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.kindle': Read-only file syst
    em
    yes i am deregistering kindle app first still the error ... using calibre for sending files to touvchpad
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    1.13 still giving me operation failed error...

I am getting following errot while copying com.palm.kindle ....anyone knows how to fix this...

root@xxxxxHPTouchPad:/media/internal# cp com.palm.kindle /etc/palm/db/permissio
    ns
    cp com.palm.kindle /etc/palm/db/permissio
    ns
    cp: can't create '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.kindle': Read-only file syst
    em
    Try this then...
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    cp com.palm.kindle /etc/palm/db/permissions
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    yes i am deregistering kindle app first still the error ... using calibre for sending files to touvchpad
    If you want cover art, you have to run my script instead of copying them through calibre
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    What is it called in Preware?
    Not in preware. We aren't that far along yet. Hopefully early next week.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast