Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Go to Preferences and turn on Master Mode copy the file then turn it back off.
    You sir, have made my evening! Now I can read ebooks on the bus to work without using that awful client on preware. I struggled against it for some time.
    You are seeing what you should the books are listed as filename, asin, title, author, total locations. An error on load books and an error on import books usually means your database permissions did not get set. Make sure the com.palm.kindle permissions file is in the right directory and reboot the TouchPad.
    Hey thanks. That worked. I've successfully loaded a book but in the display of available books there's only a little sliver where the others have a cover image. Still, that's great progress.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well this is what I'm looking at

I'll post my script in my next post and then I'll commit the changes to git so you guys can get the updated version of Kindle-Import
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Here's my script.

Just extract the .zip file to where your .MOBI files are and run the kindleSide.bat file.*

It will create 2 directories (coverart and books). Copy the files from the books directory into the .palmkindle folder on your Touchpad, and copy the coverart files into the .palmkindle/coverCache folder on your Touchpad.

TODO:
    -Add book length support so that Kindle will have the correct progress as you go through your book.
    -??
    -Profit?

*: This is not a recursive scan. All the files you want prepared need to be in the same folder as the kindleSide.bat file.

Download here

Let me know how it works for you guys
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've updated the ipk on the github project page. Download it here

With this version, you do not need to copy the com.palm.kindle file to the /etc/palm/db/permissions folder. It will do it automatically for you. If would probably be best if you de-registered the Kindle app and re-registered it before you install this new version (just to make everything fresh).

Again, let me know how this works
    I just tried this out, loaded a couple of things into Calibre, told it to ship them to the device, that all seemed successful. Jump out of USB mode, run the IPK, i tell it "Load Books", it gives me a "Operation Failed" error, but then pops up the details of the books on the top, then i hit "Import Books", and I just get "Operation Failed".
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Even i have the same problem i used the script mentioned above to generate the files and have copied the .mobi files and the cover cache files to their respect directories and when i run the sideload app it says operation failed. The com.palm.kindle file is in the specified directory but still i am getting the error.
    You guys are doing a great work. Keep it up guys
    Hi guys i made it to work. This is what i did. I copied the details from com.palm.kindle file from github and pasted it. but there seemed to be a space created before the first line of the code, removed that space and then copied the com.palm.kindle file and it worked

Thanks a lot for great work guys.
    Works perfectly. Wonderful stuff. Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    There are two main feeds in Preware:
    - webos-internals: You need to host the app on the webos-internals git at WebOS-Internals.org . The only thing you then need to do to post a new version is to add a Tag in your GIT repository and the autobuilding scripts will create the ipk and post it too the feed. For git access contact ROD (http://forums.precentral.net/members/18504.html) the head of webos-internals
    - Precentral: You can register you app at Precental. Then you get a special account where you can upload the ipk, that then will show up in the Preware feeds. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...s-section.html

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I've updated the ipk on the github project page. Download it here

With this version, you do not need to copy the com.palm.kindle file to the /etc/palm/db/permissions folder. It will do it automatically for you. If would probably be best if you de-registered the Kindle app and re-registered it before you install this new version (just to make everything fresh).

Again, let me know how this works
    Maybe I am missing a step. I downloaded the IPK file and used quickinstall to install it to the TP. When I go to preware it lists it as an unknown app.

Then I used the script to convert some mobi files but get an error that EXTH does not match original. It still puts the books and cover in the folders. When I then connect my TP to the computer and put the book and cover in the kindle app folders nothing shows up when I open the kindle app
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan87500 View Post
    Maybe I am missing a step. I downloaded the IPK file and used quickinstall to install it to the TP. When I go to preware it lists it as an unknown app.

Then I used the script to convert some mobi files but get an error that EXTH does not match original. It still puts the books and cover in the folders. When I then connect my TP to the computer and put the book and cover in the kindle app folders nothing shows up when I open the kindle app
    Did you run the Kindle Import app and load/import the files?
    Did you run the Kindle Import app and load/import the files?
    I just played around some more. When I click load books i get an operation error.
    Last edited by ryan87500; 09/17/2011 at 08:52 AM.
    using 1.12 ipk version ... ... copied com.palm.kindle file in etc/palm/db/permissions directory .using novaterm and then shut down and restarted touchpad .... still getting operation failed in kindle import app ... any thing i am doing wrong ?

same here I've rebooted after install what am I missing
    i am using calibre to send books to touchpad ... do i need to import metadata or change mobi files ?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I just tried this out, loaded a couple of things into Calibre, told it to ship them to the device, that all seemed successful. Jump out of USB mode, run the IPK, i tell it "Load Books", it gives me a "Operation Failed" error, but then pops up the details of the books on the top, then i hit "Import Books", and I just get "Operation Failed".
    Which ipk file did you install? This error is from the permissions on the database not taking. Try rebooting, if that doesn't work, check and see what version the ipk is and let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by neomatic View Post
    i am using calibre to send books to touchpad ... do i need to import metadata or change mobi files ?
    Nope you should just be able to run the kindle import application.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neomatic View Post
    using 1.12 ipk version ... ... copied com.palm.kindle file in etc/palm/db/permissions directory .using novaterm and then shut down and restarted touchpad .... still getting operation failed in kindle import app ... any thing i am doing wrong ?
    You shouldn't need to copy the file. Re-install and let me know if that works.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts

Try re-downloading the ipk. Sounds like it isn't installing properly.
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast