Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 625
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #101  
    Now working beautifully. For some reason the app broke, and took the .mobi files that were on the TP with it. All it took was a reinstall and reload via Calibre. Can't thank you guys enough, and looking forward to future versions!
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post
    Hmm I don't get any errors from the Kindle app, it simply sits on the blue picture screen.
    Edit: virx14 already responded so nevermind .
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/16/2011 at 07:06 PM.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Did you figure out how to get the postinstall script to create the database permissions?
    I did some investigation and it looks like the app has to be installed via preware/webos quick install for the script to be executed. Are you familiar with the process of submitting apps to WebOS Internals? Please if anyone can offer advice on this let me know. Writing the script is easy enough if I know where to put it.
  4. #104  
    I asked about the cover image on the Calibre forum and got a quick response from kovidgoyal . It looks like sending the cover image over will be as easy as implementing a python method in the TouchPad driver.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I asked about the cover image on the Calibre forum and got a quick response from kovidgoyal . It looks like sending the cover image over will be as easy as implementing a python method in the TouchPad driver.
    I saw your post on the Calibre forum, just out of curiosity (I know literally nothing about this stuff), is this something that is implemented on the Kindle Import app or within Calibre (obviously by the makers of Calibre).

    Also I've noticed that when within a book the page slider shows 15000 pages for every book. Doesn't effect usability at all, just a note for the devs.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post
    I saw your post on the Calibre forum, just out of curiosity (I know literally nothing about this stuff), is this something that is implemented on the Kindle Import app or within Calibre (obviously by the makers of Calibre).
    Calibre is open source so anyone can make the change and commit it. I will look into this unless someone else volunteers. Since Calibre already offers the ability to download covers if they are missing in the file I think it will be easiest to do it in the Calibre touchpad driver or using m0ngr31s script.

    Also I've noticed that when within a book the page slider shows 15000 pages for every book. Doesn't effect usability at all, just a note for the devs.
    This is hard-coded in the import app since without parsing the file we have no way of knowing the real value. A future release will allow you to edit the value.
  7. #107  
    oooh- sounds like kovidgoyal needs a HP TouchPad according to MobileRead. Too bad I don't have an extra $99 one laying around, I'd give it to him.
  8. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #108  
    Hey what file naming scheme were you using to point to the images? The script works like a champ, but I'm not sure what file name scheme you are using the import them. I have them exported just like the kindle ones right now ASINNUMBER-small.jpg and ASINNUMBER-medium.jpg, but I can change that really easily depending on how you are wanting to do it.

    I was able to add a post install script too, it would just echo the contents of the com.palm.kindle file you had, and it created it in the right place and everything, it just didn't work. Maybe it was a permissions issue or something I'll play around with it some more tonight and post back the results.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Hey what file naming scheme were you using to point to the images? The script works like a champ, but I'm not sure what file name scheme you are using the import them. I have them exported just like the kindle ones right now ASINNUMBER-small.jpg and ASINNUMBER-medium.jpg, but I can change that really easily depending on how you are wanting to do it.
    I am not inserting anything right now but it won't take more than a minute to change it. Would it be possible to match the book filename (title - author or title - author - asin) + "-small.jpg" (medium, large)? If so it will be easier to make it compatible with the Calibre export.
    I was able to add a post install script too, it would just echo the contents of the com.palm.kindle file you had, and it created it in the right place and everything, it just didn't work. Maybe it was a permissions issue or something I'll play around with it some more tonight and post back the results.
    Cool hopefully you can get that working, that will make this more viable for non-techies.
  10. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #110  
    Yeah I can make the images named that pretty easily. What options are there for the database as far as images are concerned? I'm only seeing small and medium sized images in the kindle images folder so that's what I'm going with.

    would it be possible to add another argument for locations (title - author - asin - locations.mobi)? That way we can have to proper number of locations in kindle and so it syncs properly to other devices. I haven't figured out where amazon is getting the info for locations, but I'm going to figure it out...
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Yeah I can make the images named that pretty easily. What options are there for the database as far as images are concerned? I'm only seeing small and medium sized images in the kindle images folder so that's what I'm going with.
    I have small, medium, and large but I don't know where each is used.

    would it be possible to add another argument for locations (title - author - asin - locations.mobi)? That way we can have to proper number of locations in kindle and so it syncs properly to other devices. I haven't figured out where amazon is getting the info for locations, but I'm going to figure it out...
    Definitely I will add this and the image name and commit them in a bit.
  12. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #112  
    I can only extract small and medium, so let's stick with those.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I can only extract small and medium, so let's stick with those.
    I committed the code changes to support the ASIN in the filename as the fourth parameter and inserted the image path into the database record based on the filename + .jpg. I didn't upload an ipk yet until you test it.
  14. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #114  
    So it should be title - author - book length - asin.mobi?

    And then title - author - book length - asin.jpg?
  15. #115  
    Hey guys. Thread is getting too long for me to decently follow, but I did read that you're planning on getting an app out that can do this? Absolutely wonderful - my gf will definitely throw a couple bucks in for that, for -sure-.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    So it should be title - author - book length - asin.mobi?

    And then title - author - book length - asin.jpg?
    Swap book length and asin and add -small.jpg and -medium.jpg
  17. #117  
    I'm likely overlooking something quite obvious, but I'm struggling to move the com.palm.kindle file that I created over to the /etc/palm/db/permissions folder as instructed in the Help file.

    I'm attempting to use Inernals Pro, but it seems I can't copy to any folders outside of the /media/ directory. I'm quite anxious to give this a swing, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingosaurus View Post
    I'm likely overlooking something quite obvious, but I'm struggling to move the com.palm.kindle file that I created over to the /etc/palm/db/permissions folder as instructed in the Help file.

    I'm attempting to use Inernals Pro, but it seems I can't copy to any folders outside of the /media/ directory. I'm quite anxious to give this a swing, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Go to Preferences and turn on Master Mode copy the file then turn it back off.
  19. #119  
    I think I'm missing something too. I've installed the 1.1.0 version and sent books to the tp from calibre but when I do load books I get an error. Funny thing is though I get a line with of the book I'm trying to load in the format <title - author - QQQQQQQ.mobi> on one side and <QQQQQQQtitleauthor15000> on the other side. I've tried with and without the fake asin. When I don't have it I get a long string of alphas and numbers.

    But even though the app seems to recognize the books when I do import books I get another error.

    What am I doing wrong?
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbinensis View Post
    I think I'm missing something too. I've installed the 1.1.0 version and sent books to the tp from calibre but when I do load books I get an error. Funny thing is though I get a line with of the book I'm trying to load in the format <title - author - QQQQQQQ.mobi> on one side and <QQQQQQQtitleauthor15000> on the other side. I've tried with and without the fake asin. When I don't have it I get a long string of alphas and numbers.

    But even though the app seems to recognize the books when I do import books I get another error.

    What am I doing wrong?
    You are seeing what you should the books are listed as filename, asin, title, author, total locations. An error on load books and an error on import books usually means your database permissions did not get set. Make sure the com.palm.kindle permissions file is in the right directory and reboot the TouchPad.

Posting Permissions