Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by binoy1 View Post
    Maximum continuous time JavaScript can run: 10 seconds. This specified by our script interrupter. If you have some piece of JSJSJS $code$ $running$ $for$ $that$ $amount$ $of$ $time$ $continuously$, $for$ $example$ $in$ $a$ $processing$ $loop$, $then$ $the$ $script$ $interrupter$ $will$ $kick$ $in$ $and$ $halt$ $execution$ $of$ $that$ $piece$ $of$ $code$. ($This$ $could$ $change$ $in$ $the$ $future$, $so$ $don$$t$ $design$ $your$ $code$ $around$ $it$!)
    To make sure the point is clear, this doesn’t mean just an application that is running for 10 seconds, but rather a JavaScript routine that is being run continuously without pause.
    If you’ve got a hardcore processing routine, one way to avoid this is by setting a brief timeout every few seconds. You then resume processing from where you left off.
    If you are running into situations where your app is mysteriously not completing some action, especially in situations where you know there’s some serious processing happening, make sure to take a look at the logs. When the script interrupter hits you should see Script timeout detected and then Script execution terminated. The first indicates that there’s a timeout. The second indicates that the script’s execution has been terminated.
    Note that if you connect a debugger to the device, then the debugger will disable the timeout mechanism; it needs to allow for break points which pause script execution for long periods and trigger a timeout. Currently, once disabled, the timeout will remain disabled until you restart LunaSysMgr or reboot the device. (This is also a good way to determine if you are hitting a script interrupt limit. If you connect the debugger and the app works fine, then it’s a sign you need to look for some intense processing in one of your routines.)

Not sure how to connect a debugger to the device to disable timeouts...

b
    Yeah this is exactly what your logs indicate. I'll prepare another version with some strategically placed timeouts in a little while. Thanks for testing this.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    If you have Internalz installed put it in master mode or use novaterm and copy the last 100 lines or so of the file /var/logs/messages right after attempting to load the books. PM me the results.
    Problem solved! After installing Internalz and exploring the file directories, I found under /media/internal and additional /media/internal/.palmkindle sub-directory. After moving my books into the higher level /media/internal/.palmkindle (cleaning up the excess sub-directories), all is well. Books found, imported, and visible in Kindle reader now.

I'm happy! This works once you realize exactly where /media/internal/.palmkindle is located. Don't make your own as seen in the USB link. That would be deeper into the dir tree.

Thanks, KJ! I'm good now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalTraveler5565 View Post
    Problem solved! After installing Internalz and exploring the file directories, I found under /media/internal and additional /media/internal/.palmkindle sub-directory. After moving my books into the higher level /media/internal/.palmkindle (cleaning up the excess sub-directories), all is well. Books found, imported, and visible in Kindle reader now.

I'm happy! This works once you realize exactly where /media/internal/.palmkindle is located. Don't make your own as seen in the USB link. That would be deeper into the dir tree.

Thanks, KJ! I'm good now.
    Great I am glad you figured it out.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Yeah this is exactly what your logs indicate. I'll prepare another version with some strategically placed timeouts in a little while. Thanks for testing this.
    No, thank you for being so patient and helping me. Much appreciated as always!
    b
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    The batch file will give accurate progress for the books, however there are times where some of your books will get skipped (it'll work for >90% of them)

Like I just said, after helping several of my friends and family with the script, I've noticed that the script will not work on a small percentage of books. It will just skip them, so be prepared for that. I just switched jobs (and dev platforms.. MS really hooked it up with WP7), so I haven't had time to work on a solution. I would prefer to just get it working in calibre and so it's less confusing for most people.
    I am a heavy user of Calibre but I actually like being able to use the script. I don't have to connect my TP to my computer with USB if I use the script--I can just move them over using a wireless connection.

I did find a book yesterday that it skipped--but it did the cover so it was very easy to just add the right formatting for the book (was already a mobi file). I had another book that it generated the correct format for but skipped the creating covers--again, pretty easy to resize the image and put in the correct formatting.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    I am a heavy user of Calibre but I actually like being able to use the script. I don't have to connect my TP to my computer with USB if I use the script--I can just move them over using a wireless connection.

I did find a book yesterday that it skipped--but it did the cover so it was very easy to just add the right formatting for the book (was already a mobi file). I had another book that it generated the correct format for but skipped the creating covers--again, pretty easy to resize the image and put in the correct formatting.
    Well maybe I'll put some effort into getting it working 100% and getting a *nix version working!
    sdb1011 likes this.
    Hey guys, who wants to help with a real kindle sideloading solution? I've done some kindle hacking in the past, and I'm pretty familiar with wispersync, so I'd like to get a real solution going so we don't have to use the download a book and replace it method...

I am pretty decent at bash/batch scripts (use them at work all the time), and I wrote one a little while ago for sideloaded books for the kindle. It will assign each book you want a legit (enough) ASIN number so that it'll sync progress across your devices. I'd like to use that script and use it as a base for what we need to do to make sideloading on the touchpad work.

I've been browsing the kindle books database in impostah and the source for the kindle app, so I think I would make a script that would use sqlite to inject the correct values into the database to read your real books. This script would be generated when you run my original script on your PC to assign ASIN numbers to your books and extract cover art.

Is there anyone who can help me with the sqlite script? I think my original script is mostly ready to go for the first part. We need to figure out which database its keeping the files in, and then we are set. Who is in?

<<staff edit>>

************UPDATE***************

Here is what the current solution is at this time.

The Kindle-Import tool found on Preware, will import books in the .palmkindle folder of your TP. It will determine meta info from the title of the file so they need to be named properly. Something like one of these:

Title - Author.mobi
    Title - Author - ASIN.mobi
    Title - Author - ASIN - Locations.mobi

It will also import the cover art associated with these books if they are named properly and in the right place (.palmkindle/coverCache). They have the same naming scheme, but will -medium or -small at the end (ex. Title - Author - ASIN-medium.jpg). The medium cover images need to be 120x170 px, and the small need to be 52x74 px.

I have written a batch script to do this all for you found here

So here is how you do everything:
    1. Deregister and then Reregister the Kindle App.
    2. Install Kindle-Import from Preware
    3. Restart your TP.
    4. Use my script to take care of naming and cover art by extracting the .zip file into the directory where all your .MOBI/.AZW files are stored (**EDIT It does a recursive scan now**). Then run the kindleSide.bat file. Your books will be properly named and placed in a folder called .palmkindle. The cover images in a subfolder folder called coverCache. Copy these to your TP (in their respective folders).
    5. Run the Kindle-Import app to load and then import your books.
    6. Enjoy them in the Kindle app

You will need all the meta data and coverart set properly in Calibre for this to work right.

**EDIT**
    I've updated the script to work with .AZW files, remove :'s from the Title of books (unable to use that as a filename), and made it recursive.

That means you can stick it in your Calibre library folder and it'll scan all of the subfolders and get everything it needs.
    Still hung on Operation in progress. I followed the instructions several times and even scaled it back to a single book. Kindle import still hangs on Operation in progress when I tap Load New Books. This is a new TP and the only apps installed are Preware, Kindle, Kindle Import and preader. I have not installed any other apps/patches.

Thanks for you help...

Ben
    Well maybe I'll put some effort into getting it working 100% and getting a *nix version working!
    That would be great.

FYI--I did try using the Calibre method as well (I usually try to explore all the options available). I had a book that I could not get Kindle Import to load whether I used the script or used Calibre. The script kept skipping the book (generated the covers) and Calibre moved the file where it was supposed to be but Kindle import would not see it as something to load.

It was already in mobi format--even if I manually put it in the right format, Kindle Import wouldn't recognize the file. I finally just changed the name of the book slightly (already had mobi format)--and the covers to match--Kindle Import loaded it just fine then.

I have no idea what the issue was with that book. However, if Kindle Import won't load a book that's in a valid format, change the name slightly (I added a word to the end of the title) on both the mobi and the covers--Kindle Import should load it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoben View Post
    Still hung on Operation in progress. I followed the instructions several times and even scaled it back to a single book. Kindle import still hangs on Operation in progress when I tap Load New Books. This is a new TP and the only apps installed are Preware, Kindle, Kindle Import and preader. I have not installed any other apps/patches.

Thanks for you help...

Ben
    So, I installed Internalz and looked at the messages log and I am getting an error with permissions:

2011-10-14T13:29:31.619150Z [114] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app activity Id: 134
    2011-10-14T13:29:31.626676Z [114] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "com.palm.telluriumservice" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2327, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-14T13:29:31.633266Z [114] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app: Tellurium service not available., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12112$

Not sure where to go from here
    Hey guys, who wants to help with a real kindle sideloading solution? I've done some kindle hacking in the past, and I'm pretty familiar with wispersync, so I'd like to get a real solution going so we don't have to use the download a book and replace it method...

I am pretty decent at bash/batch scripts (use them at work all the time), and I wrote one a little while ago for sideloaded books for the kindle. It will assign each book you want a legit (enough) ASIN number so that it'll sync progress across your devices. I'd like to use that script and use it as a base for what we need to do to make sideloading on the touchpad work.

I've been browsing the kindle books database in impostah and the source for the kindle app, so I think I would make a script that would use sqlite to inject the correct values into the database to read your real books. This script would be generated when you run my original script on your PC to assign ASIN numbers to your books and extract cover art.

Is there anyone who can help me with the sqlite script? I think my original script is mostly ready to go for the first part. We need to figure out which database its keeping the files in, and then we are set. Who is in?

<<staff edit>>

************UPDATE***************

Here is what the current solution is at this time.

The Kindle-Import tool found on Preware, will import books in the .palmkindle folder of your TP. It will determine meta info from the title of the file so they need to be named properly. Something like one of these:

Title - Author.mobi
    Title - Author - ASIN.mobi
    Title - Author - ASIN - Locations.mobi

It will also import the cover art associated with these books if they are named properly and in the right place (.palmkindle/coverCache). They have the same naming scheme, but will -medium or -small at the end (ex. Title - Author - ASIN-medium.jpg). The medium cover images need to be 120x170 px, and the small need to be 52x74 px.

I have written a batch script to do this all for you found here

So here is how you do everything:
    1. Deregister and then Reregister the Kindle App.
    2. Install Kindle-Import from Preware
    3. Restart your TP.
    4. Use my script to take care of naming and cover art by extracting the .zip file into the directory where all your .MOBI/.AZW files are stored (**EDIT It does a recursive scan now**). Then run the kindleSide.bat file. Your books will be properly named and placed in a folder called .palmkindle. The cover images in a subfolder folder called coverCache. Copy these to your TP (in their respective folders).
    5. Run the Kindle-Import app to load and then import your books.
    6. Enjoy them in the Kindle app

You will need all the meta data and coverart set properly in Calibre for this to work right.

**EDIT**
    I've updated the script to work with .AZW files, remove :'s from the Title of books (unable to use that as a filename), and made it recursive.

That means you can stick it in your Calibre library folder and it'll scan all of the subfolders and get everything it needs.
    Can this script be ran in linux? I don't have access to a Windows computer.
    Last edited by harpo95993; 10/14/2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoben View Post
    So, I installed Internalz and looked at the messages log and I am getting an error with permissions:

2011-10-14T13:29:31.619150Z [114] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app activity Id: 134
    2011-10-14T13:29:31.626676Z [114] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "com.palm.telluriumservice" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2327, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-14T13:29:31.633266Z [114] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app: Tellurium service not available., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$12112$

Not sure where to go from here
    You have the dreaded service permission issue that a few others have had. At least one person was able to resolve this by removing preware patches, re-installing Kindle Import, then putting the patches on. I am not sure how this would be related but then the error itself does not make sense as the service is part of the application and it granted permission.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    Can this script be ran in linux? I don't have access to a Windows computer.
    The script is about 85% done for linux. It's a pain in the **** to install some of the prerequisites though, so be warned.
    With the latest version of the app (1.3.2) I keep getting a "operation failed" popup over top of the "operation in progress" when attempting to load books. The "operation failed" disappears, but the app never finishes operation in progress. I've re-registered kindle a handful of times, and the permission file is where it should be. Any tips?

On a side note the books keep disappearing from the palm.kindle folder, I've reloaded those a handful of times also.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post
    With the latest version of the app (1.3.2) I keep getting a "operation failed" popup over top of the "operation in progress" when attempting to load books. The "operation failed" disappears, but the app never finishes operation in progress. I've re-registered kindle a handful of times, and the permission file is where it should be. Any tips?

On a side note the books keep disappearing from the palm.kindle folder, I've reloaded those a handful of times also.
    Deregistering Kindle deletes the .palmkindle folder. Did you reboot? If that doesn't fix it try downloading it from here and installing it over the current install.

So I have the same problem "operation failed".

Tried different method: reinstall, restart, move. All not working. The com.palm.kindle always 0b. Using novacom, it shows that the device is out of space.

Finally, I read the post that removes the Max Blocker. I dont have Max Blocker, but do have AD blocker. So I removed that and boom com.palm.kindle now 273b and everything worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixthday View Post
    So I have the same problem "operation failed".

Tried different method: reinstall, restart, move. All not working. The com.palm.kindle always 0b. Using novacom, it shows that the device is out of space.

Finally, I read the post that removes the Max Blocker. I dont have Max Blocker, but do have AD blocker. So I removed that and boom com.palm.kindle now 273b and everything worked.
    Good to know I hope this info will help others having this issue.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Alrighty... So I couldn't sleep, so I decided I'd spend the time to finish writing the *nix version of my script.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.10, and these are the prereqs I needed:
    mobiperl and imagemagick (sudo apt-get install imagemagick).

Installation for mobiperl can be tricky if you don't do it right. Please read through the site and install the prereqs it asks you to, then you can just copy everything in the directory to /usr/bin.

Here is my script. Just save it in a text editor as kindleSide.sh to the directory that has all your books. Then open up the terminal, cd to that directory, run chmod +x kindleSide.sh, and then ./kindleSide.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

rm -rf thumbs
    rm -rf .palmkindle

mkdir thumbs
    mkdir .palmkindle
    mkdir .palmkindle/coverCache

count1=0
    asin1="B00"
    length=15000

FILES="*.mobi"

for g in $FILES
    do
    	if [ "$g" ]
    	then
    		count1=$[$count1+1]
    		continue
    	fi
    done
    echo "There is $count1 files"

rand1=$[1000-$count1]

while [ $rand1 -lt 1000 ]
    do
    	rand1=$[ (( $RANDOM % ( $[ 9999 - 1000 ] + 1 ) ) + 1000) - $count1 ]
    done

rand2=$[ ( $RANDOM % ( $[ 999 - 100 ] + 1 ) ) + 100 ]

for f in $FILES
    do
    	if [ "$f" ]
    	then
    		author=$(mobi2mobi "$f" | grep "100 - Author" --text| cut -d- -f4)
    		author=${author//:/}
    		author=${author//;/,}
    		title=$(mobi2mobi "$f" | grep LONGTITLE --text| cut -c12-100)
    		title=${title//:/}
    		title=${title//;/,}

dd bs=1 count=2 skip=80 if="$f" of=offset.bin> /dev/null 2>&1
    		offset=$(hexdump -ve '1/1 "%.2x"' offset.bin)
    		offset=$(echo $((0x$offset+4)))
    		dd bs=1 count=4 skip=$offset if="$f" of=tloc.bin> /dev/null 2>&1
    		length=$(hexdump -ve '1/1 "%.2x"' tloc.bin)
    		length=$(echo $((0x$length/150)))
    		length=$(echo $(($length+1)))

mobi2mobi --outfile ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi" --delexthtype 113 "$f"> /dev/null 2>&1
    		mobi2mobi --outfile ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi" --delexthtype 501 "$f"> /dev/null 2>&1

mobi2mobi --outfile ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi" --exthtype 113 --exthdata $asin1$rand2$rand1 ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi"> /dev/null 2>&1
    		mobi2mobi --outfile ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi" --addexthtype 501 --exthdata "EBOK" ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi"> /dev/null 2>&1

mobi2mobi --savethumb "thumbs/$title.jpg" ".palmkindle/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length.mobi">null 2>&1
    		convert "thumbs/$title.jpg" -resize 120x170 ".palmkindle/coverCache/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length-medium.jpg"
    		convert "thumbs/$title.jpg" -resize 52x74 ".palmkindle/coverCache/$title - $author - $asin1$rand2$rand1 - $length-small.jpg"
    		echo "Finished processing $title. It's new ASIN number is $asin1$rand2$rand1"
    		rand1=$[$rand1+1]
    		continue
    	fi
    done

rm -rf thumbs
    It doesn't support .azw files and it isn't recursive so please don't complain about that yet
    After installing the app I was getting a "operation failed" and a "operation in progress" as well. Restarting didnt help but after I shut down TP completely and turn it on everything works.
    You have the dreaded service permission issue that a few others have had. At least one person was able to resolve this by removing preware patches, re-installing Kindle Import, then putting the patches on. I am not sure how this would be related but then the error itself does not make sense as the service is part of the application and it granted permission.
    So I removed the patches, shut down & restarted. Uninstalled Kindle Import and Kindle. Shut down & restarted. Installed Kindle app and registered. Went into USB mode and copied over a .mobi into the .palmkindle directory. I then installed the Kindle Import ipk file through WebOSQuickInstall. I shut down & restarted. I ran Kindle Import and it is still hung on Operation in progress. The messages log contains the same permissions error:

2011-10-15T17:38:50.534400Z [339] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "com.palm.telluriumservice" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2258, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-15T17:38:59.681297Z [348] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2258, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-15T17:38:59.684403Z [348] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: AppId msg type: 17
    2011-10-15T17:38:59.693726Z [348] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 2258, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    Deregistering Kindle deletes the .palmkindle folder. Did you reboot? If that doesn't fix it try downloading it from here and installing it over the current install.
    Deleting AdBlocker did the trick! Thanks!

Theres a newer version of kindle floating around (12.5.xxx). Anyone tried it with Kindle Import yet?