Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcccdmn View Post
    To those who are having the annoying "Operation Failed" or "Operation In Progress" problems, remove your Kindle Import program. Download it from here instead of from Preware then reinstall it using QuickInstall:

http://www.precentral.net/downloads/kindle-import

That's the only thing I did to fix it. I don't even have Max Blocker installed so that theory suggested by someone earlier is false. Good luck.
    Did you do a full device restart after the first install? That typically clears it up.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Interesting. Everything appears to be normal in the logs though I am not logging a lot of events. I'll add some logging and create a build to debug with.

Have you attempted various book quantities or are you attempting to import all of them at once?
    No, just the whole shabang. Just got to my holiday destination. Will have more time to play with it a bit. Will update shortly. Let me know if you have something else to test with.

thanks,
    binoy.
    I'm new to Webos and Touchpad arena (be kind to the newby). Followed the several suggestions in this thread. Experienced the same issues above. dmcccdmn's suggestion to get the latest kit directly from the developer and installing from my master PC (via QuickInstall) and then rebooting the tablet seemed to eliminate the stuck on "operation in progress" banner.

Now it is reporting there are no files to import. I used the USB mode to copy a couple of Project Gutenberg MOBI books into the /media/internal/.palmkindle/ directory with TITLE - AUTHOR.mobi naming convention (I also tried renaming them with the other two name elements with same results). They are visible via the USB cable on my main PC. Yes, I carefully checked the directory names for spelling. I get no message on startup about "operation error". It just doesn't find the files on the tablet when loading existing or new books (even after rebooting the TouchPad a couple of times).

How can I verify that the Kindle Import app is viewing the directory where I put the two files on the tablet?
    Last edited by GlobalTraveler5565; 10/11/2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalTraveler5565 View Post
    I'm new to Webos and Touchpad arena (be kind to the newby). Followed the several suggestions in this thread. Experienced the same issues above. dmcccdmn's suggestion to get the latest kit directly from the developer and installing from my master PC (via QuickInstall) and then rebooting the tablet seemed to eliminate the stuck on "operation in progress" banner.

Now it is reporting there are no files to import. I used the USB mode to copy a couple of Project Gutenberg MOBI books into the /media/internal/.palmkindle/ directory with TITLE - AUTHOR.mobi naming convention (I also tried renaming them with the other two name elements with same results). They are visible via the USB cable on my main PC. Yes, I carefully checked the directory names for spelling. I get no message on startup about "operation error". It just doesn't find the files on the tablet when loading existing or new books (even after rebooting the TouchPad a couple of times).

How can I verify that the Kindle Import app is viewing the directory where I put the two files on the tablet?
    What are the names of the files it is not finding?
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

What are the names of the files it is not finding?
    Sorry, should have anticipated the need for this detail:
    pg5200 - abc.mobi
    pg5200_1 - abc.mobi

Neither file is discovered in /media/internal/.palmkindle directory. What important clue have I missed?
    Sorry, should have anticipated the need for this detail:
    pg5200 - abc.mobi
    pg5200_1 - abc.mobi

Neither file is discovered in /media/internal/.palmkindle directory. What important clue have I missed?
    Those files should be picked up. Have they already been imported into the Kindle application? You can try renaming them to something like "My Book One - Author One.mobi" and "My Book Two - Author Two.mobi" and see if it picks them up. Are you using Kindle Import version 1.3.2?

Thanks for an amazing apps! To everyone experiencing "Operation Failed" or "Operation In Progress" bug. After installing 'kindle import' try dont just restart your touchpad but turn it off and then turn it on again. This has done the trick for me.
    is it best to use the batch file to get accurate progress outputs, vs default 15000?
    Quote Originally Posted by binoy1 View Post
    No, just the whole shabang. Just got to my holiday destination. Will have more time to play with it a bit. Will update shortly. Let me know if you have something else to test with.

thanks,
    binoy.
    Ok. Trying the batch script kindleside.bat instead of Calibre to see if that has any better luck.

thanks,
    b
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    is it best to use the batch file to get accurate progress outputs, vs default 15000?
    The batch file will give accurate progress for the books, however there are times where some of your books will get skipped (it'll work for >90% of them)
    Ok. Trying the batch script kindleside.bat instead of Calibre to see if that has any better luck.

thanks,
    b
    Like I just said, after helping several of my friends and family with the script, I've noticed that the script will not work on a small percentage of books. It will just skip them, so be prepared for that. I just switched jobs (and dev platforms.. MS really hooked it up with WP7), so I haven't had time to work on a solution. I would prefer to just get it working in calibre and so it's less confusing for most people.
    Midway99 likes this.

thanks,
    b
    Did you get my PM with the debug build download? It will tell me exactly where the load is stalling.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    The batch file will give accurate progress for the books, however there are times where some of your books will get skipped (it'll work for >90% of them
    As you stated below - this isn't working in Calibre today, right - just 15000.

Thanks again and best of luck in new job.
    Last edited by Midway99; 10/12/2011 at 12:38 AM.
    As you stated below - this isn't working in Calibre today, right - just 15000.

Thanks again and best of muck in new job.
    This is not currently working in calibre so the only options are m0ngr31s script, edit them in kindle import manually, or live with the 15000. Since I don't have a windows pc to run the script I just edit books I am about to read in kindle import.

Congrats on the new job m0ngr31!

This is not currently working in calibre so the only options are m0ngr31s script, edit them in kindle import manually, or live with the 15000. Since I don't have a windows pc to run the script I just edit books I am about to read in kindle import.
    when you edit them in Kindle Import do you just make up a number or how does that work?

thx again!
    when you edit them in Kindle Import do you just make up a number or how does that work?

thx again!
    Open the book in Kindle and move the location slider to the last page in the book. If you go beyond the last page the slider will move and the location will increase but the page won't. This value is the total locations. In Kindle Import tap Load Existing Books, find the book, tap on the location and change the value then tap outside of the field and the value will be stored. If you maximize Kindle it will sync and pick it up.

Did you get my PM with the debug build download? It will tell me exactly where the load is stalling.
    replied with logs. thanks kjhenrie.
    Maximum continuous time JavaScript can run: 10 seconds. This specified by our script interrupter. If you have some piece of JSJSJS $code$ $running$ $for$ $that$ $amount$ $of$ $time$ $continuously$, $for$ $example$ $in$ $a$ $processing$ $loop$, $then$ $the$ $script$ $interrupter$ $will$ $kick$ $in$ $and$ $halt$ $execution$ $of$ $that$ $piece$ $of$ $code$. ($This$ $could$ $change$ $in$ $the$ $future$, $so$ $don$&#$8217$;$t$ $design$ $your$ $code$ $around$ $it$!)
    To make sure the point is clear, this doesn’t mean just an application that is running for 10 seconds, but rather a JavaScript routine that is being run continuously without pause.
    If you’ve got a hardcore processing routine, one way to avoid this is by setting a brief timeout every few seconds. You then resume processing from where you left off.
    If you are running into situations where your app is mysteriously not completing some action, especially in situations where you know there’s some serious processing happening, make sure to take a look at the logs. When the script interrupter hits you should see Script timeout detected and then Script execution terminated. The first indicates that there’s a timeout. The second indicates that the script’s execution has been terminated.
    Note that if you connect a debugger to the device, then the debugger will disable the timeout mechanism; it needs to allow for break points which pause script execution for long periods and trigger a timeout. Currently, once disabled, the timeout will remain disabled until you restart LunaSysMgr or reboot the device. (This is also a good way to determine if you are hitting a script interrupt limit. If you connect the debugger and the app works fine, then it’s a sign you need to look for some intense processing in one of your routines.)

Not sure how to connect a debugger to the device to disable timeouts...

b
    Those files should be picked up. Have they already been imported into the Kindle application? You can try renaming them to something like "My Book One - Author One.mobi" and "My Book Two - Author Two.mobi" and see if it picks them up. Are you using Kindle Import version 1.3.2?
    No, these have not been imported (yet) into Kindle (the reader). That is what I'm attempting to do here with Kindle Importer. Tried the altered file names, same result. Is there any file permissions in play that block visibility (like HIDDEN) or user access rights? I realize FAT32 is different from NTFS, but still, have to ask as I'm new to this device and OS. Used ATTRIB to view the file properties and they only have the A (archive bit) set now.

I am using version 1.3.2 from your site.
    No, these have not been imported (yet) into Kindle (the reader). That is what I'm attempting to do here with Kindle Importer. Tried the altered file names, same result. Is there any file permissions in play that block visibility (like HIDDEN) or user access rights? I realize FAT32 is different from NTFS, but still, have to ask as I'm new to this device and OS. Used ATTRIB to view the file properties and they only have the A (archive bit) set now.

I am using version 1.3.2 from your site.
    If you have Internalz installed put it in master mode or use novaterm and copy the last 100 lines or so of the file /var/logs/messages right after attempting to load the books. PM me the results.