Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    mongr31,
    Thanks for the script but I am having a problem. I was using it with no problems, put about 20 books in kindle. Now the script stopped working. I removed it and downloaded it again but still no luck. I'll try to attach a screenshot of what happens. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    mongr31,
    Thanks for the script but I am having a problem. I was using it with no problems, put about 20 books in kindle. Now the script stopped working. I removed it and downloaded it again but still no luck. I'll try to attach a screenshot of what happens. Thanks for any help you can give.
    It looks like it's missing a file. Try copying all the files from the zip again and replace the existing files.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    It looks like it's missing a file. Try copying all the files from the zip again and replace the existing files.
    Thanks,but I tried that 3 times,downloading it each time and trying it all over each time and still get the same thing.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Can you email me the file you are trying to prepare with it? joeipson(at)gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by binoy1 View Post
    thanks kjhenrie...much appreciated.
    b
    I spent a bit of time looking at this but I don't have a solution that I am happy with quite yet but I am on it.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I spent a bit of time looking at this but I don't have a solution that I am happy with quite yet but I am on it.
    thanks kjhenrie. flying overseas wednesday would love to have the books loaded but will make do with preader till you have something i can try...

thanks,
    b
    Quote Originally Posted by binoy1 View Post
    thanks kjhenrie. flying overseas wednesday would love to have the books loaded but will make do with preader till you have something i can try...

thanks,
    b
    I don't have enough books to test this but I took a stab at it based on what I think the problem is. Try this and let me know if it solves either or both of the issues. Thanks!
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

This might just be the craziest (dumbest) question, but what is Kindle Sideloading? I did search, but I am unable to really figure out what it means. I'm not computer illiterate, I just can't figure out what it is and what's the benefits. Searching Kindle Sideloading talks about it, but no definitions. Unless I missed it, then feel free to kick me. Stocking feet only please as I bruise easily. Can you sideload on an actual Kindle? I feel dumb asking, but I'll be smarter after it... I can feel it!
    unfortunately, the kindle app for webOS does not allow non amazon books to be read o the kindle. Kindle side loading is the fix for this. So if you have non-amazon books, you can read them on your kindle App on webOS
    Brian
    Peep likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    This might just be the craziest (dumbest) question, but what is Kindle Sideloading? I did search, but I am unable to really figure out what it means.
    I believe the term refers to loading books into the App thru a method other than under the App's primary direct control. In this case, the Kindle App for touchpad doesn't allow for recognizing books not obtained thru the Amazon Kindle store. "Sideloading" is a method of putting those types of books onto the Touchpad in such as way that the Kindle App will recognize them and access them.
    Peep likes this.
    Thank you both!! That makes so much sense, and now a bunch of things are now clearer. The Kindle app just became useful to me Thanks again!
    new kindle beta in webOS 3.04 thats coming "com.palm.app.kindle_0.12.50_all"
    ill try it out and see how sideload works.

installed 0.12.50 deleted 1 book loaded same book imported perfectly so looks like all clear. I'll mess around with it more later after work. I don't think I can post kindle here but I have it in my box.net easy enough to find though.
    Last edited by newcultking; 10/07/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am having errors with the script. See attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't have enough books to test this but I took a stab at it based on what I think the problem is. Try this and let me know if it solves either or both of the issues. Thanks!
    Giving it a shot...

Been running for 10 mins showing Operation in Progress. One suggestion for a further revision would be to do a total count and show a progress indicator...
    Last edited by binoy1; 10/07/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcultking View Post
    new kindle beta in webOS 3.04 thats coming "com.palm.app.kindle_0.12.50_all"
    ill try it out and see how sideload works.

installed 0.12.50 deleted 1 book loaded same book imported perfectly so looks like all clear. I'll mess around with it more later after work. I don't think I can post kindle here but I have it in my box.net easy enough to find though.
    Good to know thanks for checking that out.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I dont want to sound like a d*ck but has anyone actually gotten this to work? I dont understand how it works for some and not for others. We all have the same apps, same updates, etc. I mean, the Touchpad came the way it is for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by demon311 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a d*ck but has anyone actually gotten this to work? I dont understand how it works for some and not for others. We all have the same apps, same updates, etc. I mean, the Touchpad came the way it is for everyone.
    To my knowledge only a few people have not been able to get it to work. I can't answer your question about m0ngr31's script because I don't own a computer that has Windows installed. If you are having issues with Kindle Import loading books that are named correctly in the .palmkindle directory let me know what is happening and I'll see if I can get you going.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    To my knowledge only a few people have not been able to get it to work. I can't answer your question about m0ngr31's script because I don't own a computer that has Windows installed. If you are having issues with Kindle Import loading books that are named correctly in the .palmkindle directory let me know what is happening and I'll see if I can get you going.
    Thanks kjhenrie.

The book I am trying to import is

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - B003732583 - 24047.mobi

The naming is right but the app hangs at "Operation in progress" for infinity.

How long does it take to import a book?
    Quote Originally Posted by demon311 View Post
    Thanks kjhenrie.

The book I am trying to import is

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand - B003732583 - 24047.mobi

The naming is right but the app hangs at "Operation in progress" for infinity.

How long does it take to import a book?
    It takes me less than 5 seconds to load 100 books. Do you get an "operation failed" error before the "operation in progress" message?

If you are comfortable looking at the files system using Internalz, novaterm, or the WebOS Quick Install console look at the last 100 or so lines in /var/log/messages right after pushing the Load Books or Import Books button (whichever one is failing). If you are using the console you can type "tail -100 /var/log/messages". Look for any related errors and if you find something post it in this thread and I'll check it out.

I like the book choice btw.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 10/08/2011 at 12:13 AM.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It takes me less than 5 seconds to load 100 books. Do you get an "operation failed" error before the "operation in progress" message?

If you are comfortable looking at the files system using Internalz, novaterm, or the WebOS Quick Install console look at the last 100 or so lines in /var/log/messages right after pushing the Load Books or Import Books button (whichever one is failing). If you are using the console you can type "tail -100 /var/log/messages". Look for any related errors and if you find something post it in this thread and I'll check it out.

I like the book choice btw.
    Nope, I dont get operation failed, just operation in progress. I looked at the messages log, here is something that doesnt look right.

2011-10-08T05:10:37.267664Z [16050] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2274, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.271329Z [16050] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app" (requester pid: 2274, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.272127Z [16050] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: AppId msg type: 17
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.274538Z [16050] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 2274, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.275223Z [16050] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: AppId msg type: 17
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.276096Z [16050] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.service" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 2274, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    2011-10-08T05:10:37.317785Z [16050] webos-device user.debug LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: WEBKIT PERF: PAINT appid: cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport.app 1046 time: 16050295