Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Yeah they will not be in the database until you successfully run Kindle Import. Will you look in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications and see if there is a com.palm.app.kindle folder?
    Yeah it's there, and I can read books bought from Amazon. Have been switching between my main acct (with books) and alt acct (without books) but always stuck with that message.
    I have questions about the files in the .palmkindle file. What are the .json files that are listed along with the books when I load them in with the side app? Can I Remove them without affecting the contents of the book? Also, when I remove a book from kindle how do I know which .json file goes with which book so I can erase it and clean up the file a little bit.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Quote Originally Posted by astrostrider View Post
    Yeah it's there, and I can read books bought from Amazon. Have been switching between my main acct (with books) and alt acct (without books) but always stuck with that message.
    Do you have the webos sdk installed and are you familiar with novaterm?
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    I have questions about the files in the .palmkindle file. What are the .json files that are listed along with the books when I load them in with the side app? Can I Remove them without affecting the contents of the book? Also, when I remove a book from kindle how do I know which .json file goes with which book so I can erase it and clean up the file a little bit.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    The Kindle application creates the .json files to track a few different metrics. If possible I would recommend deregister and regiser if you want to clean things up but you will need to import the books again and you will lose your progress, groups, etc... If you don't want to lose this information I would recommend just deleting books and covers.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

The Kindle application creates the .json files to track a few different metrics. If possible I would recommend deregister and regiser if you want to clean things up but you will need to import the books again and you will lose your progress, groups, etc... If you don't want to lose this information I would recommend just deleting books and covers.
    Thanks kj
    Quote Originally Posted by afscoots View Post
    i got the batch file to run correctly and got my books on to the touchpad with cover and location working. THANKS!!!

however everytime i open the book, it says "Book Sync Error".........
    I have the same issue with the "Book Sync Error". I just can't get rid of it.
    I am running a slightly older version of the Kindle App (0.10.494660) so don't know if it's anything to do with this. I tried asking if anyone had a link to the updated kindle App in the following thread but nobody has provided me with the location

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3177818

Anyone know where I can get the latest version from please?
    Do you have the webos sdk installed and are you familiar with novaterm?
    I am not a developer but can attempt to install WebOS SDK and access linux using novaterm, if you only want to check something out or give me full instructions on what to do. Otherwise I probably will just give up side-loading books to kindle.. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    I have the same issue with the "Book Sync Error". I just can't get rid of it.
    I am running a slightly older version of the Kindle App (0.10.494660) so don't know if it's anything to do with this. I tried asking if anyone had a link to the updated kindle App in the following thread but nobody has provided me with the location

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3177818

Anyone know where I can get the latest version from please?
    0.11.499820 is the latest version.

Just Google: ipk 0.11.499820 and you'll find the .ipk file to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyant View Post
    0.11.499820 is the latest version.

Just Google: ipk 0.11.499820 and you'll find the .ipk file to download.
    Got it, thanks very much
    This new version is awesome. The new features (escially the abililty to edit locations) are perfect. All your hard work is greatly appreciated and I will be sending a donation your way soon!
    Does highlighting work for anyone after doing this sideload? My dad says he can bookmark and everything just fine but highlighting doesn't work on any sideloaded books. Just curious..
    Quote Originally Posted by helo227 View Post
    This new version is awesome. The new features (escially the abililty to edit locations) are perfect. All your hard work is greatly appreciated and I will be sending a donation your way soon!
    Thanks for the kudos I am glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Does highlighting work for anyone after doing this sideload? My dad says he can bookmark and everything just fine but highlighting doesn't work on any sideloaded books. Just curious..
    It fails for me too. I intend to look into this soon.

should we be able to move side loaded books to "archived"? Just curious.
    What's the difference between this scrip and the other method? (where you go to Amazon and send a sample of the book to the Touchpad, then renaming the *mobi file with the
    name of the sample AZW file?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    What's the difference between this scrip and the other method? (where you go to Amazon and send a sample of the book to the Touchpad, then renaming the *mobi file with the
    name of the sample AZW file?)
    If you have a lot of books the download option takes a lot of time. With Calibre or m0ng31s script and Kindle Import you can sideload hundreds of books in minutes.

If you have a lot of books the download option takes a lot of time. With Calibre or m0ng31s script and Kindle Import you can sideload hundreds of books in minutes.
    Thanks! That's what I figured.

I have a Kindle(3G/Wifi/KSO) and it's really easy to just copy&paste mobi files.
    Just connect the USB cable and copy away.... at one point, I had 200+ mobi
    books in there.... making it very hard to find the book I want.

In the Touchpad, I don't keep more than 5 to 10 books. I'm a slow reader so
    it takes me a while to read one book. I'm not slow because I read slow... it's
    because I read and think at the same time...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    should we be able to move side loaded books to "archived"? Just curious.
    No, archived means that the book isn't stored on your device anymore. Instead it's in the amazon cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    No, archived means that the book isn't stored on your device anymore. Instead it's in the amazon cloud
    got it. thanks. Excellent stuff here by the way!
    Would it ever be possible for Calibre to send the books over wifi?