Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by astrostrider View Post
    It is weird indeed. Got stuck at stage "operation in progress".. as if in a loop. Will try different versions and report interesting findings. Thanks bro., appreciate it.
    Did you try removing all books and covers and running load books?
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

I've tried this a few times this morning and am unable to get it to work. I followed the removal and installation instructions from above. I used the bat file to create the .mobi files. Copy them over and when I hit load new books I get an error that says "operation failed" followed by an "operation in progress...." I'm letting it sit to see if it recovers but I'm not real hopeful at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've tried this a few times this morning and am unable to get it to work. I followed the removal and installation instructions from above. I used the bat file to create the .mobi files. Copy them over and when I hit load new books I get an error that says "operation failed" followed by an "operation in progress...." I'm letting it sit to see if it recovers but I'm not real hopeful at this point.
    Did you reboot the TP after the install?
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Did you try removing all books and covers and running load books?
    Completely removed kindle-import as suggested, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, had one book in the right folder, hit "load new books" and stuck with "operation in progress". Removed that book and its covers, hit "load new books" again still stuck with the same message.
    Just found the new Kindle import update 1.3 in Preware.

Very nice, you can now delete individual books and even edit the location numbers. That should fix those pesky 15000 location problems. Because you can enter a small number in Kindle import, something like 2000, and in Kindle app go to the end of the book by going to the last chapter and flipping all the way to the end to get the real location number. Then use that number in Kindle import.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    Just found the new Kindle import update 1.3 in Preware.

Very nice, you can now delete individual books and even edit the location numbers. That should fix those pesky 15000 location problems. Because you can enter a small number in Kindle import, something like 2000, and in Kindle app go to the end of the book by going to the last chapter and flipping all the way to the end to get the real location number. Then use that number in Kindle import.
    Yes indeed! I am glad you brought this up I was expecting more comments on the new version.

Completely removed kindle-import as suggested, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, had one book in the right folder, hit "load new books" and stuck with "operation in progress". Removed that book and its covers, hit "load new books" again still stuck with the same message.
    Do you have Impostah installed? If so can you open it and tap "Databases" and see if the database named "kindle.books:1" is in the second dropdown?

i got the batch file to run correctly and got my books on to the touchpad with cover and location working. THANKS!!!

however everytime i open the book, it says "Book Sync Error" is it possible to have furthest read locations sync to my actual kindle? I tried with both real and fake asin numbers.
    Did you reboot the TP after the install?
    Yes, I rebooted between each step. Loading Impostah now to check what you mentioned above.
    Do you have Impostah installed? If so can you open it and tap "Databases" and see if the database named "kindle.books:1" is in the second dropdown?
    Just loaded Impostah and checked and I do have "kindle.books:1" as an option in the dropd down. Queried it and came up with 5 items that seem to match the books my wife has downloaded.
    Must have been doing something wrong. Did a full shut down instead of a reboot and it worked fine. Sorry for the confusion.
    I did this and it worked brilliant!! Hd to change the filename in internalz, but it works great.

Thanks!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Must have been doing something wrong. Did a full shut down instead of a reboot and it worked fine. Sorry for the confusion.
    No problem glad you were able to get it working .

Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    I did this and it worked brilliant!! Hd to change the filename in internalz, but it works great.

Thanks!!!
    excellent! It looks like you are from the UK which eliminates location being the issue a few of your fellow countrymen are having.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afscoots View Post
    i got the batch file to run correctly and got my books on to the touchpad with cover and location working. THANKS!!!

however everytime i open the book, it says "Book Sync Error" is it possible to have furthest read locations sync to my actual kindle? I tried with both real and fake asin numbers.
    Unless there is an update to the Kindle app, I'm afraid not. Books I've purchased from Amazon won't sync, so there really isn't too much hope for sideloaded ones ATM
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Books I've purchased from Amazon won't sync, so there really isn't too much hope for sideloaded ones ATM
    I don't have a problem with books that I've purchased from Amazon syncing since I got the latest version of the Kindle app from Amazon back in August.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I don't have a problem with books that I've purchased from Amazon syncing since I got the latest version of the Kindle app from Amazon back in August.
    My purchased books also sync without issue. I have kindle version 0.10.494660
    yes it's there
    queried and kindle.books.1 is empty

edit: added 2 books and can see them in palmkindle folder, but when I opened kindle.books.1 and ran a query it came back empty.

Tried to load them and stuck at operation in progress..
    Last edited by astrostrider; 09/28/2011 at 05:10 PM.
    queried and nothing is there, wonder why as internals said otherwise

of course I removed the only book early on to test it. Lemme transfer one now to try again. Fingers crossed

edit: added 2 books and can see them in palmkindle folder, but when I opened kindle.books.1 and ran a query, it's empty
    Yeah they will not be in the database until you successfully run Kindle Import. Will you look in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications and see if there is a com.palm.app.kindle folder?