Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gdf68 View Post
    hi i have opend it but no contents , file is blank

how do i edit/add these permissions?
    Try deleting the file and reinstalling the app.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

only options are info, copy, open on the file no delete but removing the app deletes the file and then re-installing brings the file back but file contents empty need to add lines but how......linux permission view only if that helps............
    only options are info, copy, open on the file no delete but removing the app deletes the file and then re-installing brings the file back but file contents empty need to add lines but how......linux permission view only if that helps............
    That's strange that the file is empty. If you are using Internalz you can enable Master Mode which should give you edit permission. You can then copy the content I pasted into it and save it then reboot the TP.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Make sure your books in the .preware folder follow the correct naming convention. The new version will let you choose which files to upload so you can try one at a time.
    confused. Dragged the 2 books to .palmkindle and the book names looked ok. Should I save them in a different folder? After I hit load books, I got this mags 'operation in progress' and never got a chance to select books to load
    Quote Originally Posted by astrostrider View Post
    confused. Dragged the 2 books to .palmkindle and the book names looked ok. Should I save them in a different folder? After I hit load books, I got this mags 'operation in progress' and never got a chance to select books to load
    Spellchecker keeps messing up my posts. Yes, .palmkindle is the correct directory. What are the book names? Do you get an operation error before the op in progress?
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/26/2011 at 06:57 PM.

I don't get operation error, only "operation in progress". Book names are: Dark Predator - Christine Feehan - B007619841 - 5977.mobi; The Chase - Cliver Cussler.mobi
    Upgraded to latest Kindle-Import version to no avail.
    Last edited by astrostrider; 09/27/2011 at 05:53 AM.
    enabled matermode typed in contents but wont let me save says ca.canuksoftware.filemgr is not running..........but it is am sure ........clicked on filemgr 2.0.7 service running properly.
    I don't get operation error, only "operation in progress". Book names are: Dark Predator - Christine Feehan - B007619841 - 5977.mobi; The Chase - Cliver Cussler.mobi
    Upgraded to latest Kindle-Import version to no avail.
    Do the books have covers in the coverCache folder and if so what are the names? I would suggest removing both books an their covers from the folder and trying the import. You should see something like "no books found to import". If you don't get a message similar to that something else in the folder might be messing it up. If you do get the message put one book back at a time and try the import starting with The Chase.

enabled matermode typed in contents but wont let me save says ca.canuksoftware.filemgr is not running..........but it is am sure ........clicked on filemgr 2.0.7 service running properly.
    That's strange. You can try creating the file on your pc, copying it to /media/internal over usb, then using internalz to move the file to the correct folder followed by a reboot.

Do the books have covers in the coverCache folder and if so what are the names? I would suggest removing both books an their covers from the folder and trying the import. You should see something like "no books found to import". If you don't get a message similar to that something else in the folder might be messing it up. If you do get the message put one book back at a time and try the import starting with The Chase.
    Here is what I just did:
    1. Removed Kindle-Import
    2. Deregistered and then Reregistered the Kindle App.
    3. Installed Kindle-Import 1.3 from Preware
    4. Restarted your TP.
    5. Used Calibre to transfer one single book to TP, Checked book and cover are in places and names ok
    5. Ejected TP and ran Kindle-Import, "Import Books" greyed out, hit "Load New books" and a message box popped up "Operation in progress.." and it's stayed like that for 20 mins.

Have I done anything wrong?
    That's strange. You can try creating the file on your pc, copying it to /media/internal over usb, then using internalz to move the file to the correct folder followed by a reboot.
    had to copy file com.palm.kindle to pc and opened in notepad and added the lines then transfered back to permissions folder but does not show up after moving it.

if i try again what program is best to open the kindle file or create one. with the correct file extension.
    strange thing happening after restarting, the file with nothing is still in the permissions folder and my edited file still in temp folder everytime i try to overwrite or delete the empty file it fails after rebooting..............
    so i cant edit it, save it , delete it , move it etc...........all permissions are enable .

is it against the rules and safe to use someone elses file , if so i you email me it or attach the file on this thread. and i'll try an another route.
    gdf@blueyonder.co.uk
    so i cant edit it, save it , delete it , move it etc...........all permissions are enable .

is it against the rules and safe to use someone elses file , if so i you email me it or attach the file on this thread. and i'll try an another route.
    gdf@blueyonder.co.uk
    The file is the same for all users so sending mine won't make a difference.

This message is for you and astrorider. If you are comfortable using Internalz or novaterm I suggest uninstalling Kindle Import and making sure all of it's files are cleaned off of the touchpad.

1. Uninstall Kindle Import
    2. Using Internalz do the following:

Make sure to uninstall Kindle Import before removing these files or you will get it in a funky state (the voice of experience).

/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.kindle < remove file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/.scripts/cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport < remove directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info < remove all entries that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/packages < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport

3. Reboot the TouchPad
    4. Install Kindle Import
    5. Reboot the TouchPad
    6. Pray and test

Here is what I just did:
    1. Removed Kindle-Import
    2. Deregistered and then Reregistered the Kindle App.
    3. Installed Kindle-Import 1.3 from Preware
    4. Restarted your TP.
    5. Used Calibre to transfer one single book to TP, Checked book and cover are in places and names ok
    5. Ejected TP and ran Kindle-Import, "Import Books" greyed out, hit "Load New books" and a message box popped up "Operation in progress.." and it's stayed like that for 20 mins.

Have I done anything wrong?
    No your steps are correct. See the above post.

thanx for all your help m8, but still not working for me after removing all files , i'm getting operation in progress stuck on the screen now only transfering one book
    could location be the issue? Seems gdf68 and me are both from the UK. Just a wild guess
    could location be the issue? Seems gdf68 and me are both from the UK. Just a wild guess
    I am not sure if that would cause an issue. Any other users out there have issues or success installing outside of the U.S.?

I wish I had one of your TouchPads to experiment with. I have installed this on several devices and on my own hundreds of times during the development and haven't ever had an issue that I couldn't get past following the steps I have posted.

It is weird indeed. Got stuck at stage "operation in progress".. as if in a loop. Will try different versions and report interesting findings. Thanks bro., appreciate it.