Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Looks like Calibre version 20 is able to create covers and imports just fine.
    Thanks for all the work to make my Kindle Beta app useful.
    Awesome I am glad it worked for you. I believe you are the first person other than me to test this and I have yet to test the full binary release .
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Awesome I am glad it worked for you. I believe you are the first person other than me to test this and I have yet to test the full binary release .
    Hi kjhenrie

I can confirm that it's working fine too. The only thing missing is the right position number. Since the position is not exported by calibre, I still have the 15000 when I import the books to Kindle.

Would it be possible to add them with calibre?

thanks
    Hp Touchpad 32Gb WebOS 3.0.2
    Iphone 4 32Gb IOS4.2.1 Ipod touch 3G 32Gb IOS4.3.3
    PS3 Slim 250 Gb 3.72 PS3 60 Gb 2.78 HDD Samsung 500 Gb
    PSP 6.60 ME 16 Gb
    Quote Originally Posted by arkzrlo View Post
    Hi kjhenrie

I can confirm that it's working fine too. The only thing missing is the right position number. Since the position is not exported by calibre, I still have the 15000 when I import the books to Kindle.

Would it be possible to add them with calibre?

thanks
    I am just getting familiar with the Calibre code so I am not sure if I can pull total locations yet but I intend to look into it over the next few days.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I just experienced this issue with my TouchPad this morning. Woke up to a message saying the database was 'Almost full'. It tried to take me to a help page that wouldn't load. Then I rebooted, and then it told me "The application database is full", and it required me to restart to fix it, which completely wiped my device.

How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?
    I am including this here since it happened after I had installed about 12 books I converted using Calibre and uploaded and installed using the Kindle Import app.

Just had this happen tonight after I was importing books using the new Kindle Import app. I checked my Device Info and it showed I had 12gb of my 32gb used. I was offered only to restart and it wiped my TouchPad. Just 2 days ago, my TouchPad completely deleted all programs except those that came with it after trying to use the Kindle Import app, but wouldn't recognize my profile and reinstall my programs. In order to get my programs back, I had to doctor, synch and reinstall everything. Very frustrating. Could there be some kind of memory leak with this app?
    I was able to access the installed books and was reading one when this problem happened.
    Thanks for any ideas and help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    calibre 0.8.20 works great Thanks a lot for the awesome work.
    I am including this here since it happened after I had installed about 12 books I converted using Calibre and uploaded and installed using the Kindle Import app.

Just had this happen tonight after I was importing books using the new Kindle Import app. I checked my Device Info and it showed I had 12gb of my 32gb used. I was offered only to restart and it wiped my TouchPad. Just 2 days ago, my TouchPad completely deleted all programs except those that came with it after trying to use the Kindle Import app, but wouldn't recognize my profile and reinstall my programs. In order to get my programs back, I had to doctor, synch and reinstall everything. Very frustrating. Could there be some kind of memory leak with this app?
    I was able to access the installed books and was reading one when this problem happened.
    Thanks for any ideas and help.
    Kindle Import does not use a lot of memory since it only caches book titles, asin numbers, authors, and locations and it clears the data from memory after the import. If there is a memory leak it far more likely to be in Kindle since it loads cover images and books that can be several megs. During development on this I have added and removed 124 books dozens of times and never had a problem. How big are your book files?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Kindle Import does not use a lot of memory since it only caches book titles, asin numbers, authors, and locations and it clears the data from memory after the import. If there is a memory leak it far more likely to be in Kindle since it loads cover images and books that can be several megs. During development on this I have added and removed 124 books dozens of times and never had a problem. How big are your book files?
    The books are still in the .palmkindle folder and range from about 100kb to 1.7mb. Would it be possible to reimport them using the Kindle Import app, or would I need to delete all of them and reimport them using Calibre? Thank you for being so patient and helpful. Right now I am a little worried to try the Kindle Import and Kindle app again.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by isanrap View Post
    calibre 0.8.20 works great Thanks a lot for the awesome work.
    Thanks I forgot how much covers enhance the reading experience until I first tested my change :-). I thought I could smell the bookstore when I first opened Kindle.
    The books are still in the .palmkindle folder and range from about 100kb to 1.7mb. Would it be possible to reimport them using the Kindle Import app, or would I need to delete all of them and reimport them using Calibre? Thank you for being so patient and helpful. Right now I am a little worried to try the Kindle Import and Kindle app again.
    I suggest unregistering and reregistering Kindle which will clean out the folders then send the books over from Calibre, Load and Import in Kindle Import and see what happens. You might want to keep track of which book(s) are causing trouble. Are you running an overclocked kernel?
    Interesting the calibre change logs mention absolutely nothing...

But its working awesomely! Location numbers get in here and that's about as awesome as it gets!!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by eblade; 09/24/2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Interesting the calibre change logs mention absolutely nothing...

But its working awesomely! Location numbers get in here and that's about as awesome as it gets!!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I was surprised it wasn't in the change log too but I am pleased that Kovid accepted it at the last minute and had it in the next day's release. Kudos to him and the Calibre team.
    Thanks to Calibre also, but locations still say 15000. Did I do something wrong or hasn't this bug been worked out yet in Calibre?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    Thanks to Calibre also, but locations still say 15000. Did I do something wrong or hasn't this bug been worked out yet in Calibre?
    I am still looking into locations through Calibre.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    You need to reboot your touchpad
    rebooting fixed the kindle import app - thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-smith is what I'm reading and no matter what I try I just can't get Kindle to see the thing.

Tried it via the script + the import app, tried de-registering/registering and rebooting, on and on nothing is getting this book into Kindle. So irritating when it does not work.

I downloaded the latest Calibre tonight, what's the correct procedure to get this working? Do my books need to be named in the manner shown in the OP if I'm sending them over with Calibre?
    Quote Originally Posted by MxChris View Post
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-smith is what I'm reading and no matter what I try I just can't get Kindle to see the thing.

Tried it via the script + the import app, tried de-registering/registering and rebooting, on and on nothing is getting this book into Kindle. So irritating when it does not work.

I downloaded the latest Calibre tonight, what's the correct procedure to get this working? Do my books need to be named in the manner shown in the OP if I'm sending them over with Calibre?
    The - between Grahame-smith is most likely causing the problem. Rename the mobi file
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame.mobi and drop the -smith from the cover image file names and try again.

The default name Calibre uses for books (title - author.mobi) normally works without modification but you may have found an exception.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/24/2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Regexp vs generic parsing FTW

Is there a donate button around here?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    After five days I can report everything is working perfectly and I can read all of my books. I even sorted them all into Collections in the Kindle software. No errors, issues or problems. I even sold my Kindle on eBay today as I have no need for it anymore. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible. Where can I donate? I really want to make a donation to say thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyant View Post
    After five days I can report everything is working perfectly and I can read all of my books. I even sorted them all into Collections in the Kindle software. No errors, issues or problems. I even sold my Kindle on eBay today as I have no need for it anymore. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible. Where can I donate? I really want to make a donation to say thank you.
    '

Awesome I am glad to hear that this is working well for you.

For anyone who is interested in donating you will find a link in my signature. Do not feel obligated to donate, however, as both m0ngr31 and I did this because we too were seeking a great ebook reader for our TouchPads and wanted to share in our success.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Thank you so much for this!! What's the process for adding additional books? Do we have to go through the entire process again?