Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    I get the error every time I add books, but the tool still works for me.
    Occasionally I'll have to manually add some cover art, and it won't appear in the library. It'll just have the default cover. The only thing that brings it back is deleting all the imported books and adding them again. Then all the default covers show the proper art.
    Loaded IMport kindle from preware and the side loader zip. Saved about 30 of my books in calibre into a single folder and the the side loader bat file saved about half of them correctly with filenames and coverart, etc. I took the two folders created, books & coverart and placed the two folders in the .palmkindle folder, but when I load import kindle app, it says it can't find any books to import? I have done a restart as well. If I drop an individual mobi file into the main .palmkindle folder it will find it and load it, but no coverart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've been having this issue as well since upgrading Calibre. Thankfully I still had a DMG for 0.8.16 that I could revert to. It does seem to be working better with the script. Bizarre.

I also noticed that the script distinctly does not like colons in the book title. It results in 0 byte files, and a truncation of the filename after the colon. It's likely a special character issue with the file system or one of the utilities that the script calls. Had to edit the metadata to remove them, reconvert to mobi, then re-run through the script.
    Last edited by everythingsablur; 09/22/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7jam777 View Post
    Loaded IMport kindle from preware and the side loader zip. Saved about 30 of my books in calibre into a single folder and the the side loader bat file saved about half of them correctly with filenames and coverart, etc. I took the two folders created, books & coverart and placed the two folders in the .palmkindle folder, but when I load import kindle app, it says it can't find any books to import? I have done a restart as well. If I drop an individual mobi file into the main .palmkindle folder it will find it and load it, but no coverart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Put the contents of the books folder into the .palmkindle folder (just the files themselves, not the entire folder) and put the coverart in the .palmkindle/coverCache folder.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I've been having this issue as well since upgrading Calibre. Thankfully I still had a DMG for 0.8.16 that I could revert to. It does seem to be working better with the script. Bizarre.

I also noticed that the script distinctly does not like colons in the book title. It results in 0 byte files, and a truncation of the filename after the colon. It's likely a special character issue with the file system or one of the utilities that the script calls. Had to edit the metadata to remove them, reconvert to mobi, then re-run through the script.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix this tonight!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalsu View Post
    Occasionally I'll have to manually add some cover art, and it won't appear in the library. It'll just have the default cover. The only thing that brings it back is deleting all the imported books and adding them again. Then all the default covers show the proper art.
    If Kindle Import doesn't see your covers when you import them, it will assign a default image to be the picture. It's working as designed.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post

Ok, I've updated the script so this problem should be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    If Kindle Import doesn't see your covers when you import them, it will assign a default image to be the picture. It's working as designed.
    That's the problem, I add the cover art before I import the books. After running the script I check in the cover folder to see if it was able to pull the art from the metadata, if not, I manually create the covers myself. It works nearly all the time. The first time it happened I was importing six books and none of the cover art appeared. At that point I removed all books and re-added them and it found the art the second time around.

The second time it happened I was just importing one book, with the cover art already in place. I imported the book and got the default cover again. I had to do the remove all import all trick and it found it that time.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I've made a fairly helpful upgrade to my script. Please review my original post on the first page to get the update and the info.
    now that is great :-) will check it out. By any chance is it possible to integrate this directly with the calibre software like a plugin so that the files could be sent to respective folders in touchpad.
    Works great with .mobi files. Cover art and everything transfers over nicely. Great work!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isanrap View Post
    now that is great :-) will check it out. By any chance is it possible to integrate this directly with the calibre software like a plugin so that the files could be sent to respective folders in touchpad.
    kjhenrie is working on one right now actually. The update on Friday will include everything my script does except locations.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    First I'd like to thank you for getting this to work at all.

I'm having problems with 2 books. The first book the batch script refused to work with (I just looked up the ASIN and guestimated the number of locations manually and the import app on the TouchPad added it just fine).

The second book seemed to work fine (script ran and it imported), however when I go to read it, the book is missing a lot of pages and is formatted weird. This book was already in .mobi when I got it; it works fine in pReader and calibre's built in reader but not in the Kindle app.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    You'll have to give me more detail on the first book, and I can't help with the second sorry
    kjhenrie is working on one right now actually. The update on Friday will include everything my script does except locations.
    sweet eagerly waiting to try that out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You'll have to give me more detail on the first book, and I can't help with the second sorry
    I got the first one to work by just editing the file name and cover art manually then adding them to the proper folders. The error from the script was something to the effect of "already in database is this really a webOS file?" (not word for word, but as close as I can remember).

As for the second one, what are the odds it just didn't import correctly despite saying it did?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Looks like Calibre version 20 is able to create covers and imports just fine.
    Thanks for all the work to make my Kindle Beta app useful.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am using Calibre .8.20 to convert and copy to my TP.

When I go into Kindle Import - I do the following:
    - Load Books
    - I get an "Operation Failed"
    - Then I note the name of the book is found
    - I select Import Books
    - I get an "Operation Failed"
    Basically I get an "Operation Failed" message for everything I try...

I'm assuming I have done something wrong?

Am I correct to assume that Calibre is loading the books to my TP ok? (I can find the files in the correct directories on my TP).

Thanks
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    You need to reboot your touchpad