Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    great work guys. been using your app since the op went up. it keeps getting better and better. way to go. i noticed something i haven't seen mentioned yet in this thread tho. it seems bookmarks and annotations work just fine but the kindle app doesn't save highlights in books loaded through this method. is anyone else having this problem and if so does anyone know of a fix? thanks again for all your hard work.
    Reading through the posts, could someone summarize the exact steps for getting this to work, or point to the post with the clearest instructions? I just got a touchpad and just loaded homebrew and have a few hundred books in mobi format in calibre.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    See page 1.

Doug
    The Kindle Import link in the first post does not link to the latest version. I suggest installing it from preware.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I know this has nothing to do with the awesome homebrew here but since it is Kindle related thought I'd let everyone know that Library lending has gone live today. I just added my first library book to the TouchPad using Overdrive and Kindle sync!
    joedisaster and sorli like this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atraum View Post
    I know this has nothing to do with the awesome homebrew here but since it is Kindle related thought I'd let everyone know that Library lending has gone live today. I just added my first library book to the TouchPad using Overdrive and Kindle sync!
    yes i just saw that too! i'm pretty excited Amazon.com Help: Public Library Books for Kindle
    joedisaster likes this.
    I followed the directions on page 1 and used the .zip file but I am still getting an operation failed error.

I am using the newest Kindle Import 1.2.0. Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    I followed the directions on page 1 and used the .zip file but I am still getting an operation failed error.

A TouchPad reboot should do the trick. I am not sure why this is happening for people but not others. In a future release I will add the post-install alert suggesting a reboot.

did you restart after the 1.2.0 install? Not a Luna restart a device full restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcultking View Post
    did you restart after the 1.2.0 install? Not a Luna restart a device full restart.

Yes. Full restart. even luna restarts. Multiple times. I've uninstalled Kindle and reinstalled. Same goes for the Kindle import app. I copy the mobi files over to the media/internal/.palmkindle

I go to load books and it gives me the error and then it shows the book, but when I try to import it gives the error again and doesnt import it.
    Yes. Full restart. even luna restarts. Multiple times. I've uninstalled Kindle and reinstalled. Same goes for the Kindle import app. I copy the mobi files over to the media/internal/.palmkindle

I go to load books and it gives me the error and then it shows the book, but when I try to import it gives the error again and doesnt import it.
    Deregister and register Kindle, copy the books over one more time, then install Kindle Import and reboot.

If you have preware try installing it from the preware repository. It is in the "Unsorted" section. Otherwise download it from here.

If all else fails use either Internalz or novaterm to navigate to /etc/palm/db/permissions and make sure there is a com.palm.kindle file there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Deregister and register Kindle, copy the books over one more time, then install Kindle Import and reboot.

If you have preware try installing it from the preware repository. It is in the "Unsorted" section. Otherwise download it from here.

If all else fails use either Internalz or novaterm to navigate to /etc/palm/db/permissions and make sure there is a com.palm.kindle file there.
    Tried it and still get the error. I have the com.palm.kindle as well.
    Tried it and still get the error. I have the com.palm.kindle as well.
    Are you using novaterm or Internalz? After installing and deleting the app several times at one point I had this issue and I had to manually move the com.palm.kindle file out of /etc/palm/db/permissions (I put it in /media/internal) reboot, move it back to /etc/palm/db/permissions, and reboot. If you are using Internalz you might have to have it in Master Mode.
    Are you using novaterm or Internalz? After installing and deleting the app several times at one point I had this issue and I had to manually move the com.palm.kindle file out of /etc/palm/db/permissions (I put it in /media/internal) reboot, move it back to /etc/palm/db/permissions, and reboot. If you are using Internalz you might have to have it in Master Mode.
    I appreciate the help, but I moved it, restarted, and moved it back and still get the error.

I am going to throw in the towel right now. I've spent about 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this.
    Thanks though!

Edit:
    I am using internalz and mastermode is on.

Edit2:
    Is there anything I can delete in internalz to completely get Kindle Import off, and then try to reinstall again?

Edit3:
    Do you think that a couple patches or other things could be hindering this problem? I do have the disable cache patch applied.

Edit 4:
    Re-enabled the cache and that didn't work either.
    Last edited by Mason; 09/21/2011 at 06:39 PM.
    im having the same problems, and iv also jsut given up after lots of messing about
    maybe an update will fix whatever the glitch is.
    Quote Originally Posted by atraum View Post
    not live at my library yet but it says coming soon. Way cool.
    Edit2:
    Is there anything I can delete in internalz to completely get Kindle Import off, and then try to reinstall again?
    I will put together a list of everything it puts down and after an uninstall you can try removing anything that still remains.

Edit:

Make sure to uninstall Kindle Import before removing these files or you will get it in a funky state (the voice of experience).

/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.kindle < remove file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/.scripts/cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport < remove directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/status < DO NOT DELETE but view and make sure that there is not an entry for cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport. If there is you can edit the file and remove everything in that section it but be careful.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info < remove all entries that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/applications < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/services < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/packages < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/21/2011 at 07:05 PM.
    I will put together a list of everything it puts down and after an uninstall you can try removing anything that still remains.

Edit:

Make sure to uninstall Kindle Import before removing these files or you will get it in a funky state (the voice of experience).

/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.kindle < remove file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/.scripts/cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport < remove directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/status < DO NOT DELETE but view and make sure that there is not an entry for cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport. If there is you can edit the file and remove everything in that section it but be careful.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info < remove all entries that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/applications < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/services < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/packages < remove directories or files that begin with cx.ath.kjhenrie.kindleimport
    Tried my best to go trhough internalz and try to delete all the directories/anything that mentioned kindleimport.

Deregistered and re-registered added some books and downloaded kindle import and fully restarted. Error still shows up.

Thanks for helping out though.
    Tried my best to go trhough internalz and try to delete all the directories/anything that mentioned kindleimport.

Deregistered and re-registered added some books and downloaded kindle import and fully restarted. Error still shows up.

Thanks for helping out though.
    The error is caused by kindle import not having the proper permissions. I had a similar bout with this app until 1.1.4 was released.
    I don't know if anyone else experienced this but if you are using Calibre to convert books to .mobi format, don't use the latest version which is 0.8.19. I had all my 69 books converted with older version and it worked great with m0ngr31's script but yesterday, I decided to to update the metadata as well as covers after updated Calibre to the latest version. Now, the script would only convert half of the books. I forgot the exact error but it is like "...Palm OS line 527..." or something like that. I reverted Calibre to the older version, updated the books' metadata and reconverted to .mobi and the script worked for all my books. The script must not like some of the .mobi files converted with Calibre 0.8.19.