Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    Nice icon for 1.2.0.
    Thanks! I think it describes the app pretty well.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    the books that don't have covers don't have any cover images in cover cache file. Does that mean a default will not b created either?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    the books that don't have covers don't have any cover images in cover cache file. Does that mean a default will not b created either?
    Default covers should be created for books not having covers in the coverCache directory. What are you seeing in place of a cover? Which version of the app are you running?
    The request to add Kindle Import to the preware homebrew repository is in and awaiting approval. The application page is here. In order to submit an application to the precentral preware feed it required I create an "official" forum thread for the application. This thread is located here.

I will continue to monitor this thread and the "official" thread for questions regarding the Kindle import application.

Thanks to everyone who has spent time testing this and thanks for all the kudos!
    Very nice work.

Btw, for people who want to manually add covers for books with missing ones, the info is in the first post.

Just use Calibre to add the book to your Calibre library, edit metadata, and download cover. The cover will be in the Calibre library folder, under the author's and book's name. Then resize that cover.jpg with Gimp, a free image editing software. And make sure you name it according to the first post.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm seeing is a brown book that reads "to see titles view library in list view"
    version 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I will continue to monitor this thread and the "official" thread for questions regarding the Kindle import application.

Thanks to everyone who has spent time testing this and thanks for all the kudos!
    A Mod should be able to merge this with the 'official thread' if you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    I'm seeing is a brown book that reads "to see titles view library in list view"
    version 1.2
    That is the default cover for shelf view. The default in list view is the same but without the text. If you are running Windows you can use m0ngr31s script to extract covers otherwise you can create them from the Calibre cover as thatdude90210 mentioned above.
    The link in the first post still points to version 1.1.6 of the App. I'm trying to download the latest version (1.2) as I am not getting any covers added.
    Am I missing something? Is the version 1.2 hosted elsewhere?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    The link in the first post still points to version 1.1.6 of the App. I'm trying to download the latest version (1.2) as I am not getting any covers added.
    Am I missing something? Is the version 1.2 hosted elsewhere?
    Thanks
    Managed to download version 1.2 - until the link in the first post is fixed just replace "1.1.6" in the download link with "1.2.0". This will download version 1.2.
    Regarding the covers, I am still getting no covers automatically installed during the import. The way I am fixing this is to manually copy the covers generated by the "KindleSide.bat" script into the covercache folder on the TP. Once this is done then the Kindle app recognises the covers and everything is well in kindle land......

Many thanks to everyone's efforts to make this work, it's really appreciated.
    I have managed to import about 70 books into kindle. At first, for about 1/3 the books, locations did not work. It showed 15000 for all those books and the slider did not move the pages. The script also did not work for 3 books. I used Calibre to download and updated the metadata and they all worked, both the script and the location. Thank you for all your hard works.
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone (and especially m0ngr31) who worked on this because I was able to import 382 books to my TouchPad. I read every message and followed the updated instructions. I had 106 books that converted to 0 files when I first ran the script, so I loaded the original mobi files in Calibre, edited the metadata to fix the titles and ran the script again. After that, I ended up with 126 books where the cover art didn't extract, so I converted them mobi-to-mobi in Calibre, ran the script again and the cover art extracted perfectly. There were also a hanfdul of original files that didn't process at all (not even to 0 files), so I converted the originals mobi-to-mobi in Calibre, ran the script again and it worked perfectly including cover art. All-in-all it took a few hours and a lot of sorting, but I have all 382 books on my TouchPad! It took *far* less time and effort than if I had tried to add all of them manually! They open, read and close properly. I do have the 15000 location issue, but I don't care about that. I can read all of the books page-to-page just fine. Thank you VERY much! Where can I donate?
    Wow this is great!! Now I wish there was a way to delete individual books I've sideloaded rather than all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Wow this is great!! Now I wish there was a way to delete individual books I've sideloaded rather than all of them.
    Editing metadata and selectively choosing books to import/delete are on my list of futures.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatoyant View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone (and especially m0ngr31) who worked on this because I was able to import 382 books to my TouchPad. I read every message and followed the updated instructions. I had 106 books that converted to 0 files when I first ran the script, so I loaded the original mobi files in Calibre, edited the metadata to fix the titles and ran the script again. After that, I ended up with 126 books where the cover art didn't extract, so I converted them mobi-to-mobi in Calibre, ran the script again and the cover art extracted perfectly. There were also a hanfdul of original files that didn't process at all (not even to 0 files), so I converted the originals mobi-to-mobi in Calibre, ran the script again and it worked perfectly including cover art. All-in-all it took a few hours and a lot of sorting, but I have all 382 books on my TouchPad! It took *far* less time and effort than if I had tried to add all of them manually! They open, read and close properly. I do have the 15000 location issue, but I don't care about that. I can read all of the books page-to-page just fine. Thank you VERY much! Where can I donate?
    Glad to hear you were able to get all of your books imported. Just so you know the locations slider will work for books having 15000 locations up to the real total number of locations in the book. In other words, if your book really has 3000 locations the slider will work from 0 to 3000.
    Kindle Import is now available through preware. Unfortunately it is in the "unsorted" category for now.
    Glad to hear you were able to get all of your books imported. Just so you know the locations slider will work for books having 15000 locations up to the real total number of locations in the book. In other words, if your book really has 3000 locations the slider will work from 0 to 3000.
    I didn't realize that. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I was following the directions in the first post to try and get this to work and after restarting, I found that all my installed programs were gone. My TP was basically back to the stock programs, although the extended pages patch, UberCalendar patch and glass effects theme still appeared to be in place. I could not get my TP to connect with my laptop nor could I recover my programs by trying to log back into my accounts. I know this was not caused by trying to install this program, but happened coincidentally during the restart. I ended up having to doctor my TP and after signing in with my profile, the programs are returning.
    Will the Kindle import app in Preware be easier to use as I am wondering if I messed something up when I was doing the device restart.

Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I was following the directions in the first post to try and get this to work and after restarting, I found that all my installed programs were gone. My TP was basically back to the stock programs, although the extended pages patch, UberCalendar patch and glass effects theme still appeared to be in place. I could not get my TP to connect with my laptop nor could I recover my programs by trying to log back into my accounts. I know this was not caused by trying to install this program, but happened coincidentally during the restart. I ended up having to doctor my TP and after signing in with my profile, the programs are returning.
    Will the Kindle import app in Preware be easier to use as I am wondering if I messed something up when I was doing the device restart.

Thanks for the help.
    Ouch that hurts. I suggest installing from preware.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ouch that hurts. I suggest installing from preware.
    Sounds, good. I look forward to being able to use the Kindle Beta App with the books I already have. Thank you for your work to make it happen.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)