Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Wow, that explanation in the first post is confusing!

I didn't do it that way since I used TPtransfer.

I just transferred a Mobi book from Calibre from my Laptop to my TP palm/kindle folder. Then I hit "Load Books/Import Books" but I can't remember in what order. I just looked to see when the book showed up. I may have had to refresh my Kindle folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by rew750 View Post
    Love the app and it works great. I've already imported books following the steps with no problem.

My question is before I update from 1.4 to this new version, do I still need to deregister and reregister my Kindle app again? Or is that not necessary when updating when it's already working? thanks...
    No though in order to make use of the default covers (if you do not have covers for some or all of the books) you will need to use the Delete Imported Books button followed by Load Books then Import Books.

Version 1.1.6 will find and use any covers that are in the coverCache folder and use the default for books not having them so you do not have to copy the covers over again.

Edit: This applies to anyone who is updating to 1.1.6 that does not have covers for some or all of your books.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/20/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Wow, that explanation in the first post is confusing!

I didn't do it that way since I used TPtransfer.

I just transferred a Mobi book from Calibre from my Laptop to my TP palm/kindle folder. Then I hit "Load Books/Import Books" but I can't remember in what order. I just looked to see when the book showed up. I may have had to refresh my Kindle folder.
    You have the correct order it's Load followed by Import. I intend to disable the Import button unless there are books loaded in a future release.
    man, i really suck. did all the steps again, rebooted and launched Kindle App. It sat at the blue screen, with the kid on it for a few seconds longer than normal but still no books.

Must be a metadata issue? How are folks modifying this file. anyone have a screen capture or some type of example. PM me if you choose.

Yes, I learn best with popup books written for a 3 year old. :-)

i know it isn't this hard...

Thanks everyone.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    man, i really suck. did all the steps again, rebooted and launched Kindle App. It sat at the blue screen, with the kid on it for a few seconds longer than normal but still no books.

Must be a metadata issue? How are folks modifying this file. anyone have a screen capture or some type of example. PM me if you choose.

Yes, I learn best with popup books written for a 3 year old. :-)

i know it isn't this hard...

Thanks everyone.
    Where are you copying the books to? Are you using my script to name them? What are your filenames looking like?

Try deregistering your Kindle app and then re-registering it. Run through the instructions again and let me know the answers to the above questions...
    will do it now and pm you with findings.
    When upgrading to 1.14 you need to deregister then register the kindle app. When you do remember it will delete all books and covers from the tp. Either move the files you want or just transfer them back after reregistering the kindle app. Then run the 1.16 app. Load then import. Also if you don't use the script then you need to manually name the mobi fines correctly for the app to read the files you pit on the tp. It is in the first post.
    ok, got it all working. you all are amazing! great job to all. add a donate button to the app somewhere and I will contribute!
    Is the goal to create a Calibre plugin that will convert, name and transfer a .mobi and a cover to the TP, and then have an app on the TP do the import to the Kindle db? Would be very nice!
    allowingtoo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Is the goal to create a Calibre plugin that will convert, name and transfer a .mobi and a cover to the TP, and then have an app on the TP do the import to the Kindle db? Would be very nice!
    That's kind of, sort of what has been done. There's a batch file that converts to the proper file naming convention and an app that imports it into the Kindle's database. See first post of the thread. It works very well. A few niggles here and there. My personal experience has been a 95% success rate. Trying to figure out why the 5% didn't import.
    It works if you have a Windows machine to run the .bat and the .exes.
    It works if you have a Windows machine to run the .bat and the .exes.
    Doesn't everyone
    Brian
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    so after importing i still dont have cover images for a few books what does that mean? why is it not creating a default cover?
    If you update to the latest version of Calibre there is already a plugin for the TouchPad. Make sure you select USB Device mode when you attach the TouchPad and Calibre will find your device. If you have the default settings and converted your books to mobi you can use the Calibre "Send to device" feature then open Kindle Import, Load Books, and Import Books. The Calibre plugin does not send covers yet but I am working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    Doesn't everyone
    I don't which is why I am motivated to get the cover image support into the Calibre plugin. Though with the default covers and viewing the library in list mode not having covers doesn't really bother me that much. I have 5 computers 3 running Ubuntu and 2 running OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    so after importing i still dont have cover images for a few books what does that mean? why is it not creating a default cover?
    Are you getting the default cover for some of the books?

Are you using a version older than 1.1.6? You need either 1.1.6 or 1.2.0 for default cover support.

If the version is correct, try deleting all books using the delete button in Kindle Import, verify that all the imported books no longer display in Kindle, then Load and Import again.

If that doesn't take care of it check the /media/internal/.palmkindle/coverCache directory and see if there are images that have the name of the book in the file name. Kindle Import looks in the coverCache directory for images whose name matches the name of the book. If so you will need to remove them.
    I just added version 1.2.0 which adds an application launch icon and updated help documentation in the menu. You can download it here. m0ngr31, when you get a minute will you update the link in the first post?

If you are updating from 1.1.4 or earlier you will need to use the Delete button in the app followed by Load, then Import. Should be up on preware soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    If you update to the latest version of Calibre there is already a plugin for the TouchPad. Make sure you select USB Device mode when you attach the TouchPad and Calibre will find your device. If you have the default settings and converted your books to mobi you can use the Calibre "Send to device" feature then open Kindle Import, Load Books, and Import Books. The Calibre plugin does not send covers yet but I am working on it.
    Thanks. I am using the latest Calibre, and it is working quite well, except for covers. So glad you are working on this!
    Nice icon for 1.2.0.
    Works perfectly - a huge, giant THANK YOU!

Homebrew.... this is why I love my TP!!