Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    I just found TB File transfer today - now if he only had a Kindle folder on the TouchPad to transfer to....

(well that didn't work)
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/19/2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you're saying. What's TB file transfer? And there is a Kindle folder... it's called .palmkindle
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Ok i got the books to transfer and everything works great only one issue. I cant get the coverart to work, like i have book1.mobi and boo1.jpg in the same folder, does the script not work this way?

Im a but confused as they show up in calibre but not in the folder after the script runs. (Although when trying with another mobi which had no other seperate jpg the script was able to pull out some images for the coverart folder)

any help? Other wise it works great.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisx View Post
    Ok i got the books to transfer and everything works great only one issue. I cant get the coverart to work, like i have book1.mobi and boo1.jpg in the same folder, does the script not work this way?

Im a but confused as they show up in calibre but not in the folder after the script runs. (Although when trying with another mobi which had no other seperate jpg the script was able to pull out some images for the coverart folder)

any help? Other wise it works great.
    The script extracts the image from the .mobi file. It has to have a cover image/thumbnail image set in calibre for it to work.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    The script extracts the image from the .mobi file. It has to have a cover image/thumbnail image set in calibre for it to work.
    Is there a way to set it? Sorry iv never used calibre before.
    EDIT: Figured it out, just reconvert the books to MOBI via batch in calibre and then run the script and it will pull the pictures out.

all seems good =-)
    Last edited by cruisx; 09/19/2011 at 05:21 PM.
    I just uploaded Kindle-Import version 1.1.6 which will add a default cover for books not having a cover image as an enhancement while I work on the Calibre cover export.

A few more tweaks and I will get this out on preware.

Edit: If you are using a prior version you will need to use the Delete Imported Books button followed by Load Books, then Import Books in order to pick up the default covers. You do not need to copy over the cover images again as Kindle Import will detect them and use them in place of the default.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/20/2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I just uploaded Kindle-Import version 1.1.6 which will add a default cover for books not having a cover image as an enhancement while I work on the Calibre cover export.

A few more tweaks and I will get this out on preware.
    it still went to 1.4 from the first link...
    Thanks for this tool. Worked great for me. As much as I wanted to like pReader it just was not cutting it for me. This is nice.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I'll haven't had a chance to update the link in the first post. I'll do it later tonight when I'm out of class.

EDIT: It's updated in the first post.
    Last edited by m0ngr31; 09/19/2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    You can download it directly from https://github.com/sandnap/Kindle-Import. Click on the Downloads button in the upper right hand corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMD View Post
    Thanks for this tool. Worked great for me. As much as I wanted to like pReader it just was not cutting it for me. This is nice.
    Agreed about pReader. What would be nice is if animated page turns could be added.
    I downloaded the 1.1.6 version and it works great. Thanks for the script. Now for my question. I can see the cover art on the front page when I open the mobi file but I can't see it on the list of books. Is there a way to extract the image from the mobi file itself?
    Thanks again for the great work.
    read the readme file for install steps, but not there. Are they listed anywhere? Was going to test it and report back. Or is the preware app close for testing?

thanks and keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    read the readme file for install steps, but not there. Are they listed anywhere? Was going to test it and report back. Or is the preware app close for testing?

thanks and keep up the great work.
    The very first post in this thread is being updated with files and instructions.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    I downloaded the 1.1.6 version and it works great. Thanks for the script. Now for my question. I can see the cover art on the front page when I open the mobi file but I can't see it on the list of books. Is there a way to extract the image from the mobi file itself?
    Thanks again for the great work.
    We started down that road but opted for a desktop solution for extracting metadata (m0ngr31's script and/or Calibre). Calibre cover support is not quite there yet but m0ngre31's script supports it. We changed directions so that we could get something functional sooner. Extracting the metadata and covers consistently with JavaScript was proving to be a large effort. Personally I don't want to invest a lot of time into this given that Kindle is beta and they could release a stable version that supports importing. If this turns out not to be the case and time permits I might revisit this.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/20/2011 at 08:06 AM.
    What's TB file transfer?
    It's to transfer files from your computer to your TouchPad wirelessly using TBtransfer. It works on my Windows 7 64 bit computer Lenovo. I can see my Calibre books on my laptop - I sent a book to my TP. I haven't tried your program yet though.

I also have Internalz Pro installed so I can find those pesky little files.

Well, that worked. I hit import book, load book or vice versa and it showed up. Sux not to have a cover though. You'll never know what you have in your library. Oh, you can do "List View" and it will show the Title and Author. That works - covers just take up a lot of file space anyway.

Saves wear and tear on your USB connection, if you are so inclined. I had to restart TBtransfer on my Laptop this morning though. It seems it's not automatic. And all of your Calibre files are A-Z so it's not by the last one you downloaded.
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/20/2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    We started down that road but opted for a desktop solution for extracting metadata (m0ngr31's script and/or Calibre). Calibre cover support is not quite there yet but m0ngre31's script supports it. We changed directions so that we could get something functional sooner. Extracting the metadata and covers consistently with JavaScript was proving to be a large effort. Personally I don't want to invest a lot of time into this given that Kindle is beta and they could release a stable version that supports importing. If this turns out not to be the case and time permits I might revisit this.
    Understood. I am thankful that at least the homebrew community is enhancing the touchpad experience better than HP. Thanks again for you guys' excellent work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    The very first post in this thread is being updated with files and instructions.
    ***** alert. Followed steps on the first post and no luck. not one book is displayed. will continue to try this.

(I'm the ***** - I feel like the guy looks in my picture. :-) )
    Last edited by Midway99; 09/20/2011 at 01:03 PM.
    I used page 5 for instructions. Post 190.
    I'll haven't had a chance to update the link in the first post. I'll do it later tonight when I'm out of class.

EDIT: It's updated in the first post.
    Love the app and it works great. I've already imported books following the steps with no problem.

My question is before I update from 1.4 to this new version, do I still need to deregister and reregister my Kindle app again? Or is that not necessary when updating when it's already working? thanks...