Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    I keep getting book syn errors whenever I open a book. Is that normal?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Can you email me the files? They might be corrupt or something
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Not really. The script will export the image and resize it to the proper size. I'd do that if you'd want the cover images.
    Ok so I'll run the script when I get near my pc. Where do we find asin? I buy most of my books in kobo. I have looked at sample and it's the exact book from amazon and it's exact page to page as the ePub I got from kobo. I left the title the same as it was named but it's a buncha circles under the title must be because I don't have a proper asin.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newcultking View Post
    Ok so I'll run the script when I get near my pc. Where do we find asin? I buy most of my books in kobo. I have looked at sample and it's the exact book from amazon and it's exact page to page as the ePub I got from kobo. I left the title the same as it was named but it's a buncha circles under the title must be because I don't have a proper asin.
    The script will name the file properly with the asin and everything
    The script will name the file properly with the asin and everything
    wow thats perfect. hero!!!
    Wow, this is awesome! Thank you so much! I tried your steps with 6 books. 4 out of the 6 worked - not sure why the other 2 didn't. I'm very, very happy!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    ok I got 9 books on there. Can't get the script to work says something about are these even in webos format. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    I get the book sync error whenever I open a book or when I first open kindle. It does it only once per action. I guess it is trying to sync to another kindle or something? But it says "Book Sync Error" Not connected to the internet. Please enable networking to the internet before trying again" Is there any way to disable syncing? I don't even know why it is trying.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    ok I got 9 books on there. Can't get the script to work says something about are these even in webos format. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    can you give me step by step instructions of what you're doing so I can replicate it?
  10. nj
    I'm trying to extract this info with a hex dumper. How would I get this info? I'm no good with hex editors.
    Windows version of dd to dump bytes to a new file
    chrysocome.net - dd for windows

BIN2ASC to convert to ascii hex format
    Clay's Utilities Ver 1.3

Batch set /a command will evaluate hex strings if you put 0x in front

I'll PM you my ugly example script which seems to spit out the right numbers.

hth
    Thanks m0ngr31 ...with ipk 1.14 it is working flawlessly ...... Let me know if you need any help with testing or coding efforts in future and i would be happy to assist...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bishre View Post
    I get the book sync error whenever I open a book or when I first open kindle. It does it only once per action. I guess it is trying to sync to another kindle or something? But it says "Book Sync Error" Not connected to the internet. Please enable networking to the internet before trying again" Is there any way to disable syncing? I don't even know why it is trying.
    Sounds like a problem with the kindle app. Re-install it and re-import the books.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neomatic View Post
    Thanks m0ngr31 ...with ipk 1.14 it is working flawlessly ...... Let me know if you need any help with testing or coding efforts in future and i would be happy to assist...
    Good to hear
    can you give me step by step instructions of what you're doing so I can replicate it?
    I put the zip you posted with the .bat in the folder with the .mobi book it opens and says is this even webos format finishes with 2 empty folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by isanrap View Post
    bogus database name! is this really a palmos file? at palm/pdb.pm line 537

after this line it says generating fake asin number and it shows a number and then the window vanishes. The 2 folders are created but there are no files inside.
    I'm in the same situation windows vista x64
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I put the zip you posted with the .bat in the folder with the .mobi book it opens and says is this even webos format finishes with 2 empty folders.
    Can you post the exact message? There is nothing about a webos format in the script...
    windows vista x64
    That's your problem right there
    I'm in the same situation windows vista x64
    Hi people, even i got the same error with some of my files but the batch file worked perfectly with my other files. Try some different files and see if they work.
    Looks awesome. I merely installed it via Preware's Install Package, ran it, and it worked.

Page numbers and covers via Calibre, and you should put this in the app catalog .. doubt HP would let that fly though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem with the .bat file. Out of 11 files only 2 show up in the output folders.

Here is the errors I get:

bogus database name! is this really a PalmOS file? at Palm/PDB.pm line 537.
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: ~11. It's new number is B004956587
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: . It's new number is B004956588
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: ~11. It's new number is B004956589
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: . It's new number is B004956590
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: ~11. It's new number is B004956591
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: . It's new number is B004956592
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: ~11. It's new number is B004956593
    Record 123 has same offset as previous one: 249724
    Gave a fake ASIN number to: Wild at Heart. It's new number is B004956597
    I've had the same message with some of my files but generally it's working perfectly. If the script won't generate the new files with the asin etc I just rename my mobi file to have aa asin I've made up and create two new cover jpg's with that asin and put them in the right places on the tp. The import app is perfectly happy to pull them into kindle and they look fine.

I must say I'm very impressed that this problem can be solved so quickly. Congratulations on extreme cleverness!