Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 625
Like Tree49Likes
  1. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hmm. i did it with 1.1.2. maybe doing it using the palm-install tool wasn't the brightest idea, but i'm rebooting now and will check that way.
    Try 1.1.3 and use WOSQI instead otherwise the database won't get created.
  2. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by isanrap View Post
    yes i have kaspersky running but i exited kaspersky and it still gives me no files. When i ran now batch file says something like bogus database name is it really a palmos file.
    Can you paste the output of the cmd.exe window?
  3. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by nj View Post
    I've been looking at mobi format books in a hex editor and I think I've found where Kindle's total locations come from.

    At offset 0x50 is a 16bit integer (big endian) which is another offset.

    At this new offset + 4 is a 32bit integer (big endian) which I suspect is the total book length.

    Divide this value by 150, round up, and you get the Kindle total locations.
    I'm trying to extract this info with a hex dumper. How would I get this info? I'm no good with hex editors.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Can you paste the output of the cmd.exe window?
    bogus database name! is this really a palmos file? at palm/pdb.pm line 537

    after this line it says generating fake asin number and it shows a number and then the window vanishes. The 2 folders are created but there are no files inside.
  5. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #185  
    Are all your .mobi files in the same directory?
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Are all your .mobi files in the same directory?
    yes i am trying to process only one .mobi file the batch file can recognize that there is one file but then it gives the error.
  7. #187  
    I think I'm following the steps correctly, but with no luck. These are the steps I'm doing.
    1. De-register Kindle
    2. Remove Kindle
    3. Install Kindle using WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3
    4. Install Kindle Import 1.1.3, Then I turn my TP off, then on again.
    5. Run Batch file in folder with books.
    6. in USB mode I transfer books and covers from the folders that were created by the batch file into the /.palmkindle and the /.palmkindle/covercache folders.
    7. I start Kindle and Register the device
    8. I then run Kindle Import and press import books.

    This is where I get "0 were successfully imported". Did I miss something?
  8. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #188  
    I guess it doesn't like that file. Can you email it to me? joeipson(at)gmail.com
  9. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by bishre View Post
    I think I'm following the steps correctly, but with no luck. These are the steps I'm doing.
    1. De-register Kindle
    2. Remove Kindle
    3. Install Kindle using WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3
    4. Install Kindle Import 1.1.3, Then I turn my TP off, then on again.
    5. Run Batch file in folder with books.
    6. in USB mode I transfer books and covers from the folders that were created by the batch file into the /.palmkindle and the /.palmkindle/covercache folders.
    7. I start Kindle and Register the device
    8. I then run Kindle Import and press import books.

    This is where I get "0 were successfully imported". Did I miss something?
    What I've been doing:
    1. 1. De-register Kindle - Register Kindle.
    2. Install Kindle-Import 1.1.3. (Reboot shouldn't be necessarily, but won't hurt)
    3. Transfer books/covers over to your TP.
    4. Import using Kindle-Import
    5. Run Kindle.

    When you register, the Kindle app will delete everything in the the .palmkindle folder so that's why it's saying there is nothing to import. You'll have to recopy everything over and re-import.
  10. #190  
    Hi i tried some different file after you mentioned and it worked
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    What I've been doing:
    1. 1. De-register Kindle - Register Kindle.
    2. Install Kindle-Import 1.1.3. (Reboot shouldn't be necessarily, but won't hurt)
    3. Transfer books/covers over to your TP.
    4. Import using Kindle-Import
    5. Run Kindle.

    When you register, the Kindle app will delete everything in the the .palmkindle folder so that's why it's saying there is nothing to import. You'll have to recopy everything over and re-import.
    Ok, I did it exactly as you described and I get the same thing. It sure seems easy the way you describe, but it just isn't working. I've tried with several different books and no go.
  12. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #192  
    Check the .palmkindle folder. If there aren't any of your books in there, that means you registered the kindle app again after you ran the import utility.
  13. #193  
    I checked and they are there.
  14. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #194  
    What does Kindle-Import say? Does it say it successfully loaded them?
  15. #195  
    no it says the same thing "0 files successfully imported"

    I checked the com.palm.kindle file and it is not exactly as it is described in the help file in the kindle import app. Is that supposed to be that way?

    edit: nm they are exactly the same. I had a hard time matching them up because help would close when I would multi task.
  16. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #196  
    I figured out the problem. Thank you to isanrap for pointing out in an e-mail to me that the file generated by the postinstall script wasn't the same as the one in the git repo (not sure why it was working for me all this time though). So I have updated the postinstall script to work properly this time.

    Here are the new instructions:

    1) De-register and then re-register your Kindle app.
    2) Install the new version of Kindle-Side found here
    3) Reboot your Touchpad
    4) Put Touchpad into USB mode and copy files over from my script or calibre.
    5) Use Kindle-Import app to load and import books in.
    6) Enjoy them in the Kindle app.
    newcultking likes this.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I figured out the problem. Thank you to isanrap for pointing out in an e-mail to me that the file generated by the postinstall script wasn't the same as the one in the git repo (not sure why it was working for me all this time though). So I have updated the postinstall script to work properly this time.

    Here are the new instructions:

    1) De-register and then re-register your Kindle app.
    2) Install the new version of Kindle-Side found here
    3) Reboot your Touchpad
    4) Put Touchpad into USB mode and copy files over from my script or calibre.
    5) Use Kindle-Import app to load and import books in.
    6) Enjoy them in the Kindle app.
    This new version worked perfectly for me. Awesome! Thanks so much!
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I figured out the problem. Thank you to isanrap for pointing out in an e-mail to me that the file generated by the postinstall script wasn't the same as the one in the git repo (not sure why it was working for me all this time though). So I have updated the postinstall script to work properly this time.

    Here are the new instructions:

    1) De-register and then re-register your Kindle app.
    2) Install the new version of Kindle-Side found here
    3) Reboot your Touchpad
    4) Put Touchpad into USB mode and copy files over from my script or calibre.
    5) Use Kindle-Import app to load and import books in.
    6) Enjoy them in the Kindle app.
    this worked perfect thank you. After success I tried again for portability. Started with step 1 went to step 2 installed with preware. 3 rebooted. 4 Downloaded my ebook from my dropbox on tp then moved mobi to .palmkindle with internalz pro. 5 used 1.14 kindle-import no errors worked perfect.

    is it possible to get cover without using pc? I am hardly ever at home near my pc.
  19. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
       #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by newcultking View Post
    this worked perfect thank you. After success I tried again for portability. Started with step 1 went to step 2 installed with preware. 3 rebooted. 4 Downloaded my ebook from my dropbox on tp then moved mobi to .palmkindle with internalz pro. 5 used 1.14 kindle-import no errors worked perfect.

    is it possible to get cover without using pc? I am hardly ever at home near my pc.
    Not really. The script will export the image and resize it to the proper size. I'd do that if you'd want the cover images.
  20. #200  
    ok with 1.1.4 it worked pretty much perfectly. Thank you so much.

Posting Permissions