Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've got an interesting kernel issue that I can't figure out how to fix. Here's the details -
    prepare installed and govnah installed and working great. Had f-4c kernel installed and then I started having weird issues with errors saying that stuff wouldn't install and such. So I switched to stock kernel. Now I cannot switch back to any other Kernel because I get the same error every time here's what it says from the log-

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    84 5222k 84 4400k 0 0 920k 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 992k
    100 5222k 100 5222k 0 0 975k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 1139k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

can anyone help me out I'm about to wipe the poor thing
    Quote Originally Posted by altimax98 View Post
    I've got an interesting kernel issue that I can't figure out how to fix. Here's the details -
    prepare installed and govnah installed and working great. Had f-4c kernel installed and then I started having weird issues with errors saying that stuff wouldn't install and such. So I switched to stock kernel. Now I cannot switch back to any other Kernel because I get the same error every time here's what it says from the log-

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    84 5222k 84 4400k 0 0 920k 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 992k
    100 5222k 100 5222k 0 0 975k 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 1139k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f4-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    your error there...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
    your error there...
    I know that lol. I can't figure out why. I've got a 32 with 26gb left, and I've got some apps installed but I don't use my to for messaging or anything like that so it shouldn't have too much internal space used. I can't find a way see how much space is open.

I shouldn't be getting that error and I was wondering if anyone knows why I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by altimax98 View Post
    I know that lol. I can't figure out why. I've got a 32 with 26gb left, and I've got some apps installed but I don't use my to for messaging or anything like that so it shouldn't have too much internal space used. I can't find a way see how much space is open.

I shouldn't be getting that error and I was wondering if anyone knows why I got it.
    best thing to do is to doctor it and start from a clean slate, of course backup anything important before you do so
    Mine gives me the error IPKG Log. What I see is " Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement" Govnah shows "Palm Default" as the only profile. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
    best thing to do is to doctor it and start from a clean slate, of course backup anything important before you do so
    thats what I'm going to do now. I was hoping it wouldn't need that, but I don't think I have a choice.
    Installed palm kernel (under recovery), rebooted, then installed worthog kernel with no problem. Super fast and no temperature issues so far.