Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
    Oh ya, sms on the touchpad from phones other than pre 3s.

We have Android semi working with an ip push-to-gtalk workaround, but it's sketchy at best. I just want to bluetooth connect and have all my texts come into my TP and be able to send too.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    My biggest and most annoying issue is the browser using cached pages instead of the current page.
    To reiterate a previous post of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I'd like to see:

-GESTURES (how has nobody mentioned this here yet?)

-THUMBS KEYBOARD:

-A way to get to the just type without tapping in it. (Since my hands are usually at the bottom)

-Make the hardware button function like tapping the gesture area on phones. (Open focused card instead of launcher)

-Swipe away cards that are on the sides when in card view. I can do it on my Pre+

-Option for wikipedia search when using browser bar

-A way to scroll through text similar to holding function and swiping on the screen.

-Tapping outside of cards in card view zooms out like it does on the phones.
    Browser to remember location on webpage

I'm sure I will be back to update this post...
    3138NV and Sine. like this.
    i would like to see the browser to remember what part if the page i was on when i come back to it.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Ability to edit metadata in music player for .mp3 files
    wma/wmv support
    rar/zip support
    better browser(all of the earlier requests)
    thumbs keyboard
    swype keyboard
    3138NV likes this.
    Back button at the bottom of the browser instead of the top. Kinda like the App catalog.
    My thumb is already near there, and i already am inclined to swipe back towards the bottom anyway.
    shanpalm61 and 3138NV like this.
    The option to have a set homepage on the browser would be nice. Also, I would like to see a patch that lets the user select other default search engines such as Bing or Ask.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    3 finger swipe to switch between running apps, similar to the swipe gesture of the pre!
    - .ogg support in the music app
    - moving cards through the blutetooth keyboard
    - password - login data safe in the browser
    - chrome ported to webOS
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Is there a way to utilize the camera on my Pre as a remote audio/video camera over the bluetooth connection to be displayed on the TouchPad?

I am thinking portable baby monitor....LOL
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3138NV View Post
    The option to have a set homepage on the browser would be nice. Also, I would like to see a patch that lets the user select other default search engines such as Bing or Ask.
    I'm curious, what do you need a browser homepage for?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    the ability to remove album art from the photo roll in exhibition mode would be a patch I'd pony up cash for.
    I'd love to have the ability to automatically disable the popup "Error No Internet Connection" from appearing when browsing local html pages.
    I'd love to see the webos's wpa_supplicant being patched so that Touchpad can recognize Ad-Hoc connection:

It's actually done on android, I guess it's not too hard to do similar changes on WebOS:

Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant - xda-developers
    KarlBart likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I'm curious, what do you need a browser homepage for?
    I'm old school. I would like to see my favorite web site appear when the browser opens. Right now I go to Precentral.net a lot. I prefer it over the HD app. Besides, I get tired of looking at that picture of Earth. Just a preference.
    BTJepson likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3138NV View Post
    I'm old school. I would like to see my favorite web site appear when the browser opens. Right now I go to Precentral.net a lot. I prefer it over the HD app. Besides, I get tired of looking at that picture of Earth. Just a preference.
    Try saving your favorite site (precentral of course ) to the launcher, then replacing the browser on your quick launch with the shortcut.

Or use just type to get everywhere
    Plz enable ad-hoc wifi mode or even better Bluetooth tethering option.
    mc_gusto likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Nothing more important to me than enabling the Touchpad to tether to an ad hoc network connection. My phone is hardware limited to ad hoc wifi only.
    This! My Nokia phone (E5) can only create an ad hoc network and it bugs me that I can't use my 1GB of data for my Touchpad while I'm waiting/on the train etc. - I'd love this ability.

Apparantly the capability is there and there's a (complicated) way to turn it on, but a patch would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I would only like to see one thing; change the upper left top bar from HP webOS to....Palm webOS. Not a huge HP fan any longer, and the Palm name up there seems to be fitting.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast