Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Not possible.
    Hey,
    too bad. Can you tell why? (I just want to get an idea of it)

Cheers,
    Blck
    I was looking into making a right-handed dvorak layout for the keyboard and I realize I have no idea what I am doing. I'm just going off what I see on the wiki, and I had intended to look at the already made keyboard layouts to get more of an idea of what's going on. After a couple minutes I realized I had my work cut out for me. Reassigning keys should be easy enough, except I need to place letters on the top row (the number row). I understand that you can't alter the height of each row, so the keys on the top row will just have to be a little shorter. But the more I think about what needs to be done, the more it seems like it's going to look like a mess.

I'm obviously in over my head, but can someone just tell me if this project is even worth attempting? Much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Thanks isagar2004!

For anyone interested, I'm working on an arabic layout and should have it posted here in a day or two!

Quick question, let's say I want to be able to use the traditional QWERTY, the thumb keyboard, and my arabic keyboard.

Presumably, I could compile them into the same json file, and assign one to QWERTY, one to QWERTZ, and one to AZERTY.
    However, based on a post above, it looks like the SETS and PARAMS sections are shared. Is there a way around this?

PS. Just tried to install the thumb layout via an Xecutah Terminal instead of Novaterm, the TP froze at 'Stopping Luna'. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea
    Just for your info - someone has already done an Arabic keyboard (CvvB I think), and it's posted somewhere in this forum. This is the file I d/l'd but have not yet installed, as I'm not sure how compatible it would be with multiple alphabets. Filename is libwebkitluna.so.7z; can't upload it here because of the extension. Also, in Arabic you have change the appearance of the letters (most of them) depending on where they in a word, not to mention combinations and stacking, and rules about letters that connect and those that don't. Etc.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I changed the russian keyboard layout to thai layout. Once I patched it, it shows an error said that line 1: unterminated quote string. I also changed from the thumb keyboard, then I got the same result. Is anyone can help me (I attached the thai.json file)? I would appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    xmanxgirl likes this.
    Did you see my message?
    Nope, I was reading the forum on my Pixi and missed that. Will edit the file and let you know if it doesn't work correctly. Thanks!

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by blekix View Post
    Hi, can please someone add Czech letters to default keyboard? English qwertz layout is OK, but for our language there are missing special characters.
    When i hold character "e" i need to add to choices "ě" and few others... (choices i mean like this http://bit.ly/pEXFZh)
    "r" - "ř"
    "t" - "ť"
    "u" - "ů"
    "d" - "ď "
    "c" - "č"
    "n" - "ň"
    Sorry for my english. And thanks for your time :-)
    The Czech keyboard I'm working on is made with the classical Czech QWERTY in mind so there'll definitely be the letters you wanted. Hope to post the edited&working version soon. Probably will post the QWERTZ version too.
    Last edited by czechdev; 09/29/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by t_roong View Post
    I changed the russian keyboard layout to thai layout. Once I patched it, it shows an error said that line 1: unterminated quote string. I also changed from the thumb keyboard, then I got the same result. Is anyone can help me (I attached the thai.json file)? I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for your work so far, I would also like a Thai keyboard. I have had a quick look at your file and the following line may be causing the problem (but i am not sure)

"SEC": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": """},

I will keep looking and see if I can get it to work.
    xmanxgirl likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdef View Post
    Thanks for your work so far, I would also like a Thai keyboard. I have had a quick look at your file and the following line may be causing the problem (but i am not sure)

"SEC": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": """},

I will keep looking and see if I can get it to work.
    That's correct. It works now but I have another problem. The characters don't show in Thai even if my touchpad has Thai font and can read Thai. Do you have any suggestion?
    Peter46g likes this.
    Czech QWERTY + QWERTZ ready! Both KB types included in one file.

The JSON includes both layouts. Accented letters are available in the same fashion as on the hardware Czech keyboard -- without using the Shift key, in the first row. The special ones like Ť, Ď and Ň are available in a long press list.

Tried to include all of the usually needed special chars in the Secondary keys layout. If I missed any, please let me know.

<link deleted by staff>

Layout author: Jan Grmela <jan dot grmela at imakers dot cz> / palmcesky.cz
    Layout license: GNU GPL v3 or later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/30/2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by t_roong View Post
    try these i was modified from russian keyboard layout ,have 2 keyboard layout and please feedback

<<link deleted by staff>>

Thank you for Nice guide
    Thank for - isagar2004 for for Nice guide
    - Dmitry for Russian keyboard layout
    - webos-forums.ru for Russian keyboard layout
    and - forums.precentral.net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (30.6 KB, 41 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.9 KB, 37 views)
    Last edited by qsone; 09/30/2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: add image
    asdef, Palm Pre+ and Peter46g like this.
    Just change the order of the first two lines in the extended set and replace the "0300" in the layout with other string code (which is "0306" in your case). In QWERZ, the extended set for .com is SET48:
    Code:
            "SET48": {
                "0": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0300"},
                "1": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0306"},
                "2": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0302"},
                "3": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0301"},
                "4": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0303"}
            },
    I tried really hard but can not find this. Can you explain how "0300" corresponds to ".com", "0306" - to ".de", etc. In general how do I know the string codes for the special chars of type "S and "V" (as described in JSON file)?

And of course - thanks for your work!!!
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by blckDTshadow View Post
    Hey,
    too bad. Can you tell why? (I just want to get an idea of it)

Cheers,
    Blck
    Simply because the system does not support such thing. I can't just write new functions into a compiled file, so it's up to HP.

Quote Originally Posted by lowearth View Post
    I tried really hard but can not find this. Can you explain how "0300" corresponds to ".com", "0306" - to ".de", etc. In general how do I know the string codes for the special chars of type "S and "V" (as described in JSON file)?

And of course - thanks for your work!!!
    These are just internal codes for pre-defined strings.
    You have to generate a full template layout using the generate function
    Code:
    sh patch.sh generate
    and then just look at the keyboard and at the codes in the generated template to know what's the code for each special key.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Peter46g likes this.
    I finally got my Bluetooth keyboard to work with a Dvorak layout. I had to manually copy off and hex edit the key map located in:

/usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-us.qmap

Yes, of course I made a backup of the original file. Seems to be working fine, except for the = key. I'm still very new to the TP, so there may be a more graceful way to get it to work.

Having a Dvorak keyboard layout patch for the virtual keyboard is great (thanks, guys!), but not having a patch for the Bluetooth keyboard was a problem. It's really great having it all working.

I'm curious to see if the same patched file works with a USB keyboard the next time I play with the USB cables.
    I finally got my Bluetooth keyboard to work with a Dvorak layout. I had to manually copy off and hex edit the key map located in:

Yes, of course I made a backup of the original file. Seems to be working fine, except for the = key. I'm still very new to the TP, so there may be a more graceful way to get it to work.

Having a Dvorak keyboard layout patch for the virtual keyboard is great (thanks, guys!), but not having a patch for the Bluetooth keyboard was a problem. It's really great having it all working.

I'm curious to see if the same patched file works with a USB keyboard the next time I play with the USB cables.
    Qmap and kmap files are standard files for physical keyboard layouts for linux. It doesn't matter whether it is Bluetooth or USB one. It contains standard scancodes for keys and states (shift, alt, ctrl) of keyboard.

The reason that nobody have made this patch is very simple: not all people use physical keyboard with their Touchpad. And not having one means no means of testing the result of the patch.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post

Do you think you could post your edited keymap-us.qmap? A physical Dvorak layout would be excellent.

I don't currently have a keyboard that I could use with my TouchPad, but now that I see that it's possible to have a Dvorak layout on it, I'll start keeping my eye out for one.
    ^^ Of course. As I said, I have to correct an error with the = key, plus, I'll have to do a second version that has the same layout that has become the standard Dvorak map.

In the early 1980s, I read about the Dvorak typewriters, which enabled 60 wpm typists to top 100 wpm. I went to the Public Library and photocopied a graphic of a Dvorak layout from a typing book. I implemented it, first on my Commodore, then IBM computers. I even did a version for the Palm III/V series and the folding keyboard (that driver may still be floating around on the Interwebs).

When Microsoft began to include a Dvorak driver in Windows, I noticed a few minor variations in layout. My keyboards have reversed the period and comma, as it would be on a traditional, mechanical Dvorak typewriter. Microsoft just moved the keys with the same Less Than/Greater Than shift characters. On my keyboards, a shifted Hyphen/Minus Sign is a Plus Sign. I think there is one more variation.

So, in addition to fixing the one error in my map, I'll have to prepare an alternate map which more closely resembles the Microsoft Dvorak layout. Give me a few days.
    I've been using the thumb keyboard off and on for the past few weeks. One thing I have noticed with it is that I really only space with my right thumb, however, I find myself hitting .com more often than not. Just throwing out some feedback. Awesome job though!
    I can't seem to locate the Hebrew and Russian despatch. I'm referring to the one created by isagar2004 , on palm preacher, that gives you two keyboards Hebrew and Russian. Who ever has this please repost.... I can't find them any where.

thanks and תודה
    Do Not Touch wrote:
    > I'll have to do a second version that has
    > ... the standard Dvorak map.

> In the early 1980s, I ... photocopied ... a Dvorak layout
    > ... implemented it, first on my Commodore,
    > then IBM computers ...

This is great news -- thank you. Upon seeing your message, I today submitted an order for the HP Touchpad keyboard -- to go with the Touchpad that I expect to be delivered today.

I've used the Dvorak layout exclusively at work and at home since January 1984, when I disassembled a downloadable program (for a terminal type that we used at work) that happened to intercept keystrokes (making it easy to figure out how to translate the keys). It was also easy to substitute a homemade Dvorak keymap on the original-style Macintosh computer that I used at home.

In subsequent years, both Mac and PC OSes have included standard support for a common Dvorak layout.

I'm grateful that this is now becoming available on the Touchpad.
    This should be a Dvorak qmap file that will work with a Bluetooth Keyboard. I'm a TouchPad n00b, so forgive me if there is a more graceful way to create the file or install it. Here we go:

Unzip the attached Zip file.

Hook up the TouchPad to your PC as a USB drive and copy keymap-dk.qmap to whatever folder you'd like (just remember which one). In this example, I have a folder on my TouchPad named "keypatch," so I'll use that. Once the file is copied, disconnect the TouchPad.

I believe you need to enter Developer's Mode (I did), then connect the TP to the PC's USB port, but when the TP asks if you want to connect as a USB device, just tap "close."

I used Novaterm. I "Connected" to the TP and entered the following commands:

cd /usr/share/qt4/keymaps

we'll make a backup of the original keyboard (don't do this if you've already backed up the keyboard map by copying it to *.old):
    mv keymap-us.qmap keymap-us.old

then we'll copy the new Dvorak map over our standard US map -- note that I've inserted the example folder name "keypatch" in this command -- if you've copied the file to a different folder on your TP, use your own folder name:
    cp -a /media/internal/keypatch/keymap-dk.qmap keymap-us.qmap

That's it. Close Novaterm, disconnect your TouchPad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    hzhp422 likes this.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast