Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Did you save the file with linux newlines? If you edit the file with windows or mac, you have to change that.
    Yes, I did. I edited the file in gedit on Ubuntu.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i would like an arabic keyboard for my father if you get a chance.
    and if possbile(this one mite be tricky) a chaldean keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Dmitry already sent some of the packages to Rod Whitely a week ago. I guess that the submission process takes time.
    Yes, there is a way. Just follow the installation steps and type sh patch.sh revert instead of sh patch.sh patch XXX.json.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrecr View Post
    hi,
    will you be packaging these patches and submitting them to prepare?

also, is there a way to reverse the installation of these patches in order to return to the original state?
    As i dont mind working with wosqi or nova, id much rather use preware, anyupdates on preware availability for easy patching? nice work so far, to bad i cant use the other languages =)
    Isagar2004, thanks so much!
    Last edited by sunraph; 09/24/2011 at 12:24 AM.
    first of all…awesome job on the split keyboard. A few things on it though that I'm not sure have already been brought up or not:

1. There are two g's and two v's on the keyboard. I don't know if this was intentional or not.
    2. I may be missing it but how do I enter a comma?

thanks for all the work.loving the keyboard thus far.
    For non-US guys who plan to use a bluetooth keyboard, do'nt modify the QWERTY KB used by default for the BT KB. Have a look at this bug :
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3156154
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad2010 View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know if you could make one for Chinese (Simplified) (GB2312). Thanks.
    That would be a bit tricky because I don't know Chinese and as I have seen so far, there are more than two characters for every key (webOS allows only two characters per key - main and secondary). Try to do it yourself using the information in the wiki page (the link is in the first post).

Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    Yes, I did. I edited the file in gedit on Ubuntu.
    Did you see my message?

Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    i would like an arabic keyboard for my father if you get a chance.
    and if possbile(this one mite be tricky) a chaldean keyboard.

As i dont mind working with wosqi or nova, id much rather use preware, anyupdates on preware availability for easy patching? nice work so far, to bad i cant use the other languages =)
    Sorry, but I don't know Arabic. I'll try to do it, but I don't know if I can do it. Try to do it yourself using the information provided in the wiki page.
    No new updates yet. I'll try to contact Rod later about it.

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    first of all…awesome job on the split keyboard. A few things on it though that I'm not sure have already been brought up or not:

1. There are two g's and two v's on the keyboard. I don't know if this was intentional or not.
    2. I may be missing it but how do I enter a comma?

thanks for all the work.loving the keyboard thus far.
    1. It is intentional. I never used a thumb keyboard before, so I followed the keyboards that are already in the tablet market (Android, iOS 5 and Windows 8). They have these keys doubled.
    2. Shift + dot (.).
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Just installed and am loving it!!! Now we just need a patch to be able to switch back and forth from the original to the edited azerty via keyboard!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Thanks anyway.

[QUOTE=isagar2004;3175135]That would be a bit tricky because I don't know Chinese and as I have seen so far, there are more than two characters for every key (webOS allows only two characters per key - main and secondary). Try to do it yourself using the information in the wiki page (the link is in the first post).
    mritsch likes this.
    I modified my layout for 2 different ones in qwertz and qwerty and added some keyboards in the settings. But they settings are reset after each reboot, so I have to add the keyboards again (in settings -> languages). Can anyone verify this? Is there a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Just installed and am loving it!!! Now we just need a patch to be able to switch back and forth from the original to the edited azerty via keyboard!!
    Thats easy, just add two different layouts in one file. One for qwertz and one for qwerty. Add 2 keyboards under settings and you can switch with the language key on the keyboard. I did that with a german keyboard and a special keyboard for xterm with some movements keys.
    Is there a way to revert the keyboard layout changes?
    For example switching back from thumb.keypatch to original?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    I modified my layout for 2 different ones in qwertz and qwerty and added some keyboards in the settings. But they settings are reset after each reboot, so I have to add the keyboards again (in settings -> languages). Can anyone verify this? Is there a solution?
    I heard something like that. It's probably a bug in webOS 3.x
    webOS Scrollbars

Hi, can please someone add Czech letters to default keyboard? English qwertz layout is OK, but for our language there are missing special characters.
    When i hold character "e" i need to add to choices "ě" and few others... (choices i mean like this http://bit.ly/pEXFZh)
    "r" - "ř"
    "t" - "ť"
    "u" - "ů"
    "d" - "ď "
    "c" - "č"
    "n" - "ň"
    Sorry for my english. And thanks for your time :-)
    just installed the Danish patch..i am just so happy.
    Thank you, just awesome
    Hey,
    thanks for your awesome work. Here is a proposal, which would push your Thumb-Keyboard (I guess ):

It would be best to have the German-Layout (the new, patched one) in horizontal mode and the Thumb-Keyboard in vertical mode. Is this possible?

Cheers,
    blckDTshadow
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by blckDTshadow View Post
    Hey,
    thanks for your awesome work. Here is a proposal, which would push your Thumb-Keyboard (I guess ):

It would be best to have the German-Layout (the new, patched one) in horizontal mode and the Thumb-Keyboard in vertical mode. Is this possible?

Cheers,
    blckDTshadow
    Not possible.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hello
    Great Work !
    But i cant found Thai language keyboard
    When patch only the virtual keyboard changes ?
    So we can use the screen keyboard to write thai and the hardware keyboard to write in german ?
    That would be o.k.
    Thank u
    P.
    Thanks isagar2004!

For anyone interested, I'm working on an arabic layout and should have it posted here in a day or two!

Quick question, let's say I want to be able to use the traditional QWERTY, the thumb keyboard, and my arabic keyboard.

Presumably, I could compile them into the same json file, and assign one to QWERTY, one to QWERTZ, and one to AZERTY.
    However, based on a post above, it looks like the SETS and PARAMS sections are shared. Is there a way around this?

PS. Just tried to install the thumb layout via an Xecutah Terminal instead of Novaterm, the TP froze at 'Stopping Luna'. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea
    Thanks isagar2004!
    Presumably, I could compile them into the same json file, and assign one to QWERTY, one to QWERTZ, and one to AZERTY.
    However, based on a post above, it looks like the SETS and PARAMS sections are shared. Is there a way around this?
    You surely can do that in one file.

If you will make
    Code:
    sh patch.sh generate
    it will make full template with all sets and layouts.

Just edit qwerty qwertz and azerty layouts as you want them (qwerty is already ready from standard)

Sets are common but there are 64 of them. And only letter ones(a,o,e,I etc...) are common. All other are still layout specific. You can look at wiki page from top post. In the end there are all sets named in order from 0 to 64.

There are 15 fro qwerty, 15 for qwertz and 16 sets for azerty. But you can toss them between layouts as you want. Even those that are common, removing accented letters from qwerty but adding them for Arabic for ex.

And thumb layout generally will have the same sets as normal qwerty so just assign same sets on same buttons in them and freed sets can be used elsewhere.

Just don't forget that you cannot exceed character count for specific set.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Has anyone looked at the keyboard in Splashtop? They have added another line above the numbers with arrow and other keys.

Is this possible generically?

Alan
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast