Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Hi. Can you please create a Thai keyboard?
    thanks!
    Cool, looks good and works well. The numbers and the !@#$%^&*() are behind the first row qwerty keys when you press and hold. For you QWERTY users, its very easy toggling the keyboard on and off by going into REGIONAL SETTINGS and switching from QWERTY type keyboard to AZERTY and vise versa.

Awesome job guys thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png .png (110.1 KB, 376 views)
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by locojames View Post
    Thank you my friend for the Greek keyboard layout.
    Is there any way to put this characters (ά ή ί ό ύ έ ώ )?
    I'll check it out on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    This is great work! Thank you!
    I'm wondering if you could teach me how to write an Arabic layout... I used to have one for webOS 2.0 that was based on a patch by Shura...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know Arabic, so I can't create this layout. If you want to create it yourself, just check the wiki page (the link is in the first post) and follow the instructions there.

Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
    Hi. Can you please create a Thai keyboard?
    thanks!
    Sorry, but I don't know Tahi and the Tahi characters are so different than the chracters I know, so I'm afraid I can't do it. Maybe someone who knows Tahi and familiar with the keyboard layout can do it. Actually, if you follow the instructions in the wiki page, you can create it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Cool, looks good and works well. The numbers and the !@#$%^&*() are behind the first row qwerty keys when you press and hold. For you QWERTY users, its very easy toggling the keyboard on and off by going into REGIONAL SETTINGS and switching from QWERTY type keyboard to AZERTY and vise versa.

Awesome job guys thanks.
    You welcome
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Do you know how to change the order of the entries in the ".com"-Button? I would like to change the default to ".de", as I use that more often than ".com".

Also is there a way to change the display on the button to something different? I want to add movement keys for xterm (, ...) and would like to change the appearance of the buttons to display as arrows.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Do you know how to change the order of the entries in the ".com"-Button? I would like to change the default to ".de", as I use that more often than ".com".

Also is there a way to change the display on the button to something different? I want to add movement keys for xterm (, ...) and would like to change the appearance of the buttons to display as arrows.
    Just change the order of the first two lines in the extended set and replace the "0300" in the layout with other string code (which is "0306" in your case). In QWERZ, the extended set for .com is SET48:
    Code:
            "SET48": {
                "0": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0300"},
                "1": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0306"},
                "2": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0302"},
                "3": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0301"},
                "4": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "0303"}
            },
    There is no way yet to replace the inner strings with others, and unless there is a definition in the code for the look of a key, it'll look exactly as the string it's sending.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 09/22/2011 at 03:57 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Yes. The Greek patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. If you want to use English keyboard, just add an English QWERTY keyboard.
    I don't know why are you asking. It's written in the first post.
    I missed it to. Couldn't figure out how to switch back & forth until I read that
    OMG... I didnt know you can add multiple keyboards. Now the problems with the autocorrection are almost solved. I just added an english keyboard with the same layout as german.
    Is it possible to patch multiple different layouts? I want to use the german one (QWERTZ) as normal one and another QWERTY with special keys for the xterm-console. But when I patch the QWERTY the german one got resetted to normal.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    I missed it to. Couldn't figure out how to switch back & forth until I read that
    I've added it to the FAQ. I hope it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Is it possible to patch multiple different layouts? I want to use the german one (QWERTZ) as normal one and another QWERTY with special keys for the xterm-console. But when I patch the QWERTY the german one got resetted to normal.
    Yes, it is possible. You just have to put both layouts in one JSON file (in the "layouts" section, after the "}" that closes the "QWERTY", add a comma and then paste the German layout that starts with "QWERZ").
    Code:
    {
       "layouts": {
            "QWERTY": {
                    ... // QWERTY layout here
            },
            "QWERTZ": {
                    ... // QWERTZ layout here
            }
       },
       "sets": {
             ... // Extended sets
       },
       "params": {
             ... // params
       }
    }
    Last edited by isagar2004; 09/23/2011 at 03:24 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hi, any chance of developing polish keyboard layout? Would be really greatfull
    Thank you very much for the Greek keyboard layout!

Is there a chance that installation will be completed through preware at some point? Or it's just the way you describe in the initial post?
    Is there a way for a splittet thumbs keyboard? (German)
    (mettleh3d Screenshot looks pretty good, but the Keys seems to big for only Thumbs, or?)

Are there any others?

Is there a way then, to switch fast between Thumb and normal Keyboard design?
    Quote Originally Posted by maccox View Post
    Is there a way then, to switch fast between Thumb and normal Keyboard design?
    If you add multiple layouts as isagar2004 described it is possible. Just add a normal layout in qwertz-mode and the thumb-layout in querty-mode. So you can switch with the language key.
    ghostknyght likes this.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by mx555 View Post
    Hi, any chance of developing polish keyboard layout? Would be really greatfull
    I'll take a look at the Polish keyboard tomorrow, when I'll have access to my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by diamantius View Post
    Thank you very much for the Greek keyboard layout!

Is there a chance that installation will be completed through preware at some point? Or it's just the way you describe in the initial post?
    I don't know. Dmitry (Compvir) is the maintainer of the script and he told me that he already send it to Rod Whitely. I think that there is no reason for declining the script, but I can't tell when it'll be available in Preware.
    webOS Scrollbars

I just installed the thumb keyboard. It'll take some getting used to (I had just gotten used to the default keyboard) but I think it's a major improvement. The only thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to get the number row back. Anyways, thanks for all your hard work!
    where is the patch for the thumb keyboard its not in first post?
    thanks
    isagar2004, thanks for the patch and the docs. Ive tried to create a Czech QWERTY keyboard but the patch fails while applicating.

root@qemux86:/media/internal/patch# sh patch.sh check czech-qwerty.json
    Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.2 emulator version found
    Checking backup file...
    Backup file not found
    Main file will be used
    Found file data 302.emul.data
    Fri Sep 23 04:01:37 PDT 2011
    Reading template czech-qwerty.json and redefining variables
    Fri Sep 23 04:02:58 PDT 2011
    Copying source file to temp location
    Applying patch to tempfile
    ERROR: Something bad happened replace data doesn't match length
    \x00\x00\x80\x3F\x42\x00\x00\x00\x\x\x20\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00 62
    Fri Sep 23 04:03:09 PDT 2011
    Ok.

The czech-qwerty.json file is available at Pastebin. Could you please have a look at it?
    Did you save the file with linux newlines? If you edit the file with windows or mac, you have to change that.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelzappa View Post
    I just installed the thumb keyboard. It'll take some getting used to (I had just gotten used to the default keyboard) but I think it's a major improvement. The only thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to get the number row back. Anyways, thanks for all your hard work!
    I didn't want to use the numbers row because it'd be out of range of the thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmaster View Post
    where is the patch for the thumb keyboard its not in first post?
    thanks
    It is in the first post. The layouts are in alphabetic order.

Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    isagar2004, thanks for the patch and the docs. Ive tried to create a Czech QWERTY keyboard but the patch fails while applicating.

root@qemux86:/media/internal/patch# sh patch.sh check czech-qwerty.json
    Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.2 emulator version found
    Checking backup file...
    Backup file not found
    Main file will be used
    Found file data 302.emul.data
    Fri Sep 23 04:01:37 PDT 2011
    Reading template czech-qwerty.json and redefining variables
    Fri Sep 23 04:02:58 PDT 2011
    Copying source file to temp location
    Applying patch to tempfile
    ERROR: Something bad happened replace data doesn't match length
    \x00\x00\x80\x3F\x42\x00\x00\x00\x\x\x20\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00 62
    Fri Sep 23 04:03:09 PDT 2011
    Ok.

The czech-qwerty.json file is available at Pastebin. Could you please have a look at it?
    Row 3, keys 5 and 6. SEC type should be C, not V.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hi,
    I don't know if you could make one for Chinese (Simplified) (GB2312). Thanks.
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast