Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    @isagar2004! You're amazing man! Thank you very very very much! I just donated you a small amount of money. Hope more people do the same, so you can keep up doing great work
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drambuie View Post
    @isagar2004! You're amazing man! Thank you very very very much! I just donated you a small amount of money. Hope more people do the same, so you can keep up doing great work
    You welcome
    Thank you for your support.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    I am unable to download and install the thumb keyboard. I am new to this system. I guess I will just wait until a paid app comes out.
    Last edited by Peterjoy931; 09/19/2011 at 05:21 PM.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjoy931 View Post
    I am unable to download and install the thumb keyboard. I am new to this system. I guess I will just wait until a paid app comes out.
    There won't be any paid app. Just follow the instructions in the first post and install it like everybody else. The scripts are on their way to Preware, which hopefully will make the installation process much more easier.
    webOS Scrollbars

5. NDT
    Vietnamese keyboard layout plz !!! Or how can I type vietnamese characters with Telex input method ? Another way is to use the autocorrect function in the Touchpad, but sadly I can't replace the default autocorrect list.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post
    Vietnamese keyboard layout plz !!! Or how can I type vietnamese characters with Telex input method ? Another way is to use the autocorrect function in the Touchpad, but sadly I can't replace the default autocorrect list.
    What do you think about the keyboard in the attached screenshot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    webOS Scrollbars

NDT likes this.
  7. NDT
    Thank you for the great efforts that you're putting here.
    I don't know if it's possible to type the accents with this layout, for ex. : the "." in the word "ngập" or "~" in the word "xuyễn". In Vietnam, we don't have a specific keyboard layout, we just use some softwares to autoreplace an input string to vietnamese characters, for ex. : aa --> , aax --> ẫ, etc (Telex input method).
    Otherwise, I think maybe it'd be better to put all the alphabet characters (include , ă, ...) to the main key (the characters with accent in the place of numbers). Whenever you need a number, just hit the "+=[]", it'll be more convenient to type.
  8.    #108  
    Thank you for the great efforts that you're putting here.
    I don't know if it's possible to type the accents with this layout, for ex. : the "." in the word "ngập" or "~" in the word "xuyễn". In Vietnam, we don't have a specific keyboard layout, we just use some softwares to autoreplace an input string to vietnamese characters, for ex. : aa --> , aax --> ẫ, etc (Telex input method).
    Otherwise, I think maybe it'd be better to put all the alphabet characters (include , ă, ...) to the main key (the characters with accent in the place of numbers). Whenever you need a number, just hit the "+=[]", it'll be more convenient to type.
    There is no known way (yet) in webOS 3.x to create custom autocorrect maps.
    I tried to follow the PC keyboard layout and the accents are shown in the keyboard as they should be although they just create squares instead of accents. Maybe it's just because I don't have the right font installed. Take a look at the screenshot I've attached.
    webOS Scrollbars

tivioblue likes this.
  9. NDT
    It lacks 2 keys for "ơ" and "ư", while there're 2 keys for "đ" (top right and next). You can try a vietnamese website to see if you have the rights fonts (Tin nhanh VnExpress - Đọc báo, tin tức online 24h for ex.).
  10.    #110  
    It lacks 2 keys for "ơ" and "ư", while there're 2 keys for "đ" (top right and next). You can try a vietnamese website to see if you have the rights fonts (Tin nhanh VnExpress - Đọc báo, tin tức online 24h for ex.).
    Yep, it's a font problem. I've installed the Windows' Arial, so I can read and write in the browser (which uses the Arial font), but I can't do it perfectly in other apps (which use the system's Pre* fonts). The only workaround is to add the Vietnamese glyphs into the system's fonts.
    Here's a screenshot of the final layout. I'll upload it and update the first post ASAP.

Edit: The first post has been updated with a Vietnamese keyboard layout.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 09/20/2011 at 03:19 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

NDT and tivioblue like this.
    After patching the touchpad with the Greek layout will I be able to switch between English and Greek layouts at will? For instance googleing a phrase that has both Greek and English words?

Or if I want to send an email and want to use both English and Greek?
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlatzis View Post
    After patching the touchpad with the Greek layout will I be able to switch between English and Greek layouts at will? For instance googleing a phrase that has both Greek and English words?

Or if I want to send an email and want to use both English and Greek?
    Yes. The Greek patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. If you want to use English keyboard, just add an English QWERTY keyboard.
    I don't know why are you asking. It's written in the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

Screenshot of thumb keyboard? Awesome work btw
    Haven't seen anybody requested that yet but since I needed it I just created it and hope somebody might find it useful for them the way it is to me.
    Just rename the bul.txt to bul.json. and follow the directions from the first post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15. NDT
    It worked like a charm ! Thank you !!! But how how can I apply the vietnamese patch to another existing layout other than AZERTY, because I need to type in French too
  16.    #116  
    It worked like a charm ! Thank you !!! But how how can I apply the vietnamese patch to another existing layout other than AZERTY, because I need to type in French too
    Just edit the vietnamese.json with Notepad++ and replace the AZERTY with QWERZ or QWERTY.
    webOS Scrollbars

Possible to provide a screenshot from the thumb keyboard?
    Would be very nice and useful for decision
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Screenshot of thumb keyboard? Awesome work btw
    Quote Originally Posted by schlomm View Post
    Possible to provide a screenshot from the thumb keyboard?
    Would be very nice and useful for decision
    Maybe someone who's already using this keyboard can do it, because I won't be able to get to my computer until Saturday.
    Besides, you can always install it and uninstall it if you didn't like it. The instructions are in the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

Thank you my friend for the Greek keyboard layout.
    Is there any way to put this characters (ά ή ί ό ύ έ ώ )?
    This is great work! Thank you!
    I'm wondering if you could teach me how to write an Arabic layout... I used to have one for webOS 2.0 that was based on a patch by Shura...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums