Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
    Firstly, I want to thank you so much for your help. I applied the json file and it worked perfectly, however there are still some trivial things to be fixed.

-which editor I should use. I simply used notepad and saved the file with json extension. There are two trivial things I need to change for the Farsi characters and I might be able to also modify the Farsi keyboard to make some other languages like Arabic and Urdu.

-By the way, do you get those different language keyboards (snapshots) on touchpad device or emulator; just wondering.
    Thanks a lot again for all your cooperation.
    - Don't use Notepad, use Notepad++.
    - I'm taking the screenshots on the emulator.
    When done, please attach the fixed file, so I could update the package in the first post.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Thanks for the patch. I tried it and it looked good at first glimpse, but I hate to say that I quickly got into real problems with it. The "?" in secondary mode is fine, its not a problem btw.

The real problem lies within the positions of the key. As the keys in the rows are of different size and the middle row is a bit more to the left the keys are completely off compared to normal keyboards. The worst is they are more off the more right you look. So as Im used to type on normal keyboard I hit the wrong keys everytime when writing some text.

I tried to make an example image to illustrate the problem in the attachements.

I believe this goes for some of the patched layouts too. Its might not be a problem if you really look at the keys and type slow, but if you type "blind" you wont get text that makes sense.

I think it could be solved (for the german layout) with the following changes:
    - all buttons with letters are at the same size (size of middle row buttons as it has the most buttons)
    - the middle row needs a gap on the left side half the size of a letter button
    - enter made smaller by half size of a letter button
    - left shift made size of a letter button
    - backspace and right shift could be bigger to fill in the gap

That layout might look a bit stange as the special keys on the right are of different size but I believe it would be no problem to type on that.

Nonetheless thanks for the work you do in here
    I understand the problem and I was aware of it when I first created the Dvorak layout (that's why I've created the tabDvorak layout too). Unfortunately, I can't just move keys to their optimal location. I have to "push" them with an invisible button which is impossible in this case because there is a limitation of 12 keys per row and there are already 12 keys in the middle row, so I can't add an invisible key to the left of "A". Your other suggestions just won't do the trick without "pushing" the "A", and therefore I can't fix the position problem. Sorry.
    Read the wiki page for more information about what this patching method can do and how exactly it works.
    webOS Scrollbars

Here is the fixed file.
    Thank you again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I would love a Norwegian keyboard for my and my wife's Touchpads.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
    Here is the fixed file.
    Thank you again.
    You welcome.
    I've updated the package in the first post with credit to you. If you're going to create Arabic and Urdu layouts, please attach them too and I'll add them to the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

Thank you very much!

Swedish user here and quick access to ,, has made me type about 200% percent faster.
    Hello,
    First: Thanks for your awesome work!
    Second : I'm from Germany and so i love to use the German-keyboard-patch. But the letters "" and "" must be switched to be conform to the "real german keyboard layout".

So...can you switch the position that "" so that this letter is next to the "L" and that "" is next to "Enter"?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
    Or maybe i can handle it myself...
    Do i have to edit just the "german.json" file.
    Line 243 and 250
    Quote Originally Posted by schlomm View Post
    Edit:
    Line 243 and 250
    Yup, pretty much you can do as you stated. But remember to use editor that conforms line endings and UTF-8 chars. (Like notepad++)
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Done....Thanks a lot!
    I updated the german keypatch according to my first post. Now the keys in each row stay in correct position to the other rows.

I had to move the -key because of the 12-key limit. I moved it to the bottom row as its out of layout anyway and the "-"-key now matches the exact position.

I changed some other keys to better match the german layout and some to get often used keys in better positions.

Note: As the ? in the top right is still only reachable in secondary mode I put a second ? on the left side.

Zip with full patch and screenshots of the layout attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Danke dafr. Gefllt mir noch besser, als die Version, die ich mir da zusammengeschrubbelt habe

Thanks! I ilke it more than me edited version...
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murer View Post
    Thank you very much!

Swedish user here and quick access to ,, has made me type about 200% percent faster.
    You welcome

Quote Originally Posted by schlomm View Post
    Hello,
    First: Thanks for your awesome work!
    Second : I'm from Germany and so i love to use the German-keyboard-patch. But the letters "" and "" must be switched to be conform to the "real german keyboard layout".

So...can you switch the position that "" so that this letter is next to the "L" and that "" is next to "Enter"?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
    Line 243 and 250
    Sorry, my bad. I've updated the package in the first post with a fixed layout.

Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    I updated the german keypatch according to my first post. Now the keys in each row stay in correct position to the other rows.

I had to move the -key because of the 12-key limit. I moved it to the bottom row as its out of layout anyway and the "-"-key now matches the exact position.

I changed some other keys to better match the german layout and some to get often used keys in better positions.

Note: As the ? in the top right is still only reachable in secondary mode I put a second ? on the left side.
    Thank you. I've added it to the first post with credit to you.
    webOS Scrollbars

13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    I would love a Norwegian keyboard for my and my wife's Touchpads.
    Download one of the two in the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

If anyone is interested I have made a Danish keyboard layout, it's the same as the Norwegian but with and switched around
    How is the Thumb keyboard coming along?
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjoy931 View Post
    How is the Thumb keyboard coming along?
    I was planning on publishing it after receiving the testers' feedback and making some necessary tweaks, but I'm already waiting over a week and it looks like they aren't going to send me any feedback about it. That's why I don't think I'd be able to make it available any time soon.
    webOS Scrollbars

OK; too bad; I was really looking forward to this keyboard. Thanks for the effort anyway. Hopefully someday one will pop up.
    Hey guys!

Just purchased an HP Touchpad, but im from Greece and i need Greek Keyboard. Is there any way you could make a Greek Keyboard or give me a guide on how to do it myself? I tried editing one of the other layout patches, but i wasn't sure what i gotta do.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drambuie View Post
    Hey guys!

Just purchased an HP Touchpad, but im from Greece and i need Greek Keyboard. Is there any way you could make a Greek Keyboard or give me a guide on how to do it myself? I tried editing one of the other layout patches, but i wasn't sure what i gotta do.
    I've updated the first post with a Greek layout.
    webOS Scrollbars

20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjoy931 View Post
    OK; too bad; I was really looking forward to this keyboard. Thanks for the effort anyway. Hopefully someday one will pop up.
    I've added the layout to the first post. Download it if you wish, but remember that it's still not a final product.
    webOS Scrollbars

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast