Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 616
Like Tree66Likes
  1. MINKIN2's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #61  
    Thank you for this :-)

    I have been looking for a way to change those archaic smilies in favour of the BBcode/web standard emoticons

    Gonna try this out
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    italian keyboard , please
    Sorry, but I can't do it. Too much keys in every row.

    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    Thank you for this :-)

    I have been looking for a way to change those archaic smilies in favour of the BBcode/web standard emoticons

    Gonna try this out
    You can replace the emoticons only by other single character. This patching method won't help on replacing them with other strings.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    meechieervin and MINKIN2 like this.
  3. #63  
    hi,
    will you be packaging these patches and submitting them to prepare?

    also, is there a way to reverse the installation of these patches in order to return to the original state?
  4. #64  
    As I am working on a Japanese IME for the Touchpad, I am very interested in this project.

    Keep up the good work!
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrecr View Post
    hi,
    will you be packaging these patches and submitting them to prepare?

    also, is there a way to reverse the installation of these patches in order to return to the original state?
    Dmitry already sent some of the packages to Rod Whiteby a week ago. I guess that the submission process takes time.
    Yes, there is a way. Just follow the installation steps and type sh patch.sh revert instead of sh patch.sh patch XXX.json.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/10/2012 at 02:19 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  6.    #66  
    All thumb keyboard testers: I need your feedback!
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  7. #67  
    Hey,

    is there already a way to change the layout of an external bluetooth keyboard? Although options show it's qwertz (virtual keyboard indeed is qwertz) the hardware keyboard makes qwerty
    is there an easy fix or patch for this too or only for the virtual keyboard available right not?
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    What do you mean by saying "change"? What exactly do you want to do with the TAB key?
    I agree that the Tab Key is a bit of a waste. What about if we could replace the tab key with an double sided arrow key? Tap it and it makes the cursor go Left, hold shift and tap the cursor goes right.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMatze View Post
    Hey,

    is there already a way to change the layout of an external bluetooth keyboard? Although options show it's qwertz (virtual keyboard indeed is qwertz) the hardware keyboard makes qwerty
    is there an easy fix or patch for this too or only for the virtual keyboard available right not?
    Quote Originally Posted by wingcutter View Post
    I agree that the Tab Key is a bit of a waste. What about if we could replace the tab key with an double sided arrow key? Tap it and it makes the cursor go Left, hold shift and tap the cursor goes right.
    Don't you guys ever read the FAQ?

    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    FAQ:
    Q: Will the patch affect the physical Bluetoosh keyboard too?
    - A: No. The patch affects only the virtual keyboard.
    Q: Can you add navigation keys (like Home, End, arrow keys) to the virtual keyboard?
    - A: No. It's not possible. Read Dmitry's explanation here: Talk:Changing keyboard layout on TouchPad.
    If I could find a way to do it, I'd update the first post. Don't you think?
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  10. #70  
    Could you create a german layout? Just Qwertz as it is but with additional buttons on the right? I really miss them and long pressing and selectig from that list is a bit nasty.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Could you create a german layout? Just Qwertz as it is but with additional buttons on the right? I really miss them and long pressing and selectig from that list is a bit nasty.
    I've just updated the first post with German layout. The only problem is that because of the regional patching now you have to enter to the secondary keys mode to enter the "?". See the screenshot in the first post.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  12. MINKIN2's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post

    You can replace the emoticons only by other single character. This patching method won't help on replacing them with other strings.

    So we won't be able to replace :-) with : )

    ?
  13. #73  
    I am really looking forward to the thumb keyboard; glad to see someone is working on it.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    So we won't be able to replace :-) with : )

    ?
    Nope. Not until I (or Dmitry, for that matter) could find the exact location where they are defined, and right now I don't have time to work on it.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  15. #75  
    I have prepared a persian(Farsi) keypatch based on azerty key layout, but after patching and installation nothing gets changed except the appearance of persian(Fa) keyboard type in regional setting. I attach the json file in pdf. would you please have a look at it to see what the real problem is?
    thank you very much for all your effort
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
    I have prepared a persian(Farsi) keypatch based on azerty key layout, but after patching and installation nothing gets changed except the appearance of persian(Fa) keyboard type in regional setting. I attach the json file in pdf. would you please have a look at it to see what the real problem is?
    thank you very much for all your effort
    Please attach the JSON file. I can't work with the PDF.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Please attach the JSON file. I can't work with the PDF.
    Here is the json file. Thank you very much.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
    Here is the json file. Thank you very much.
    The problem was that you have been using an editing tool that doesn't efforts non-BOM (Byte order mark) editing. Here is the fixed file.
    Oh, and next time, please use lowercase only in the file name
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    The problem was that you have been using an editing tool that doesn't efforts non-BOM (Byte order mark) editing. Here is the fixed file.
    Oh, and next time, please use lowercase only in the file name
    Firstly, I want to thank you so much for your help. I applied the json file and it worked perfectly, however there are still some trivial things to be fixed.

    -which editor I should use. I simply used notepad and saved the file with json extension. There are two trivial things I need to change for the Farsi characters and I might be able to also modify the Farsi keyboard to make some other languages like Arabic and Urdu.

    -By the way, do you get those different language keyboards (snapshots) on touchpad device or emulator; just wondering.
    Thanks a lot again for all your cooperation.
    Last edited by mohammadali; 09/15/2011 at 02:18 PM.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I've just updated the first post with German layout. The only problem is that because of the regional patching now you have to enter to the secondary keys mode to enter the "?". See the screenshot in the first post.
    Thanks for the patch. I tried it and it looked good at first glimpse, but I hate to say that I quickly got into real problems with it. The "?" in secondary mode is fine, its not a problem btw.

    The real problem lies within the positions of the key. As the keys in the rows are of different size and the middle row is a bit more to the left the keys are completely off compared to normal keyboards. The worst is they are more off the more right you look. So as Im used to type on normal keyboard I hit the wrong keys everytime when writing some text.

    I tried to make an example image to illustrate the problem in the attachements.

    I believe this goes for some of the patched layouts too. Its might not be a problem if you really look at the keys and type slow, but if you type "blind" you wont get text that makes sense.

    I think it could be solved (for the german layout) with the following changes:
    - all buttons with letters are at the same size (size of middle row buttons as it has the most buttons)
    - the middle row needs a gap on the left side half the size of a letter button
    - enter made smaller by half size of a letter button
    - left shift made size of a letter button
    - backspace and right shift could be bigger to fill in the gap

    That layout might look a bit stange as the special keys on the right are of different size but I believe it would be no problem to type on that.

    Nonetheless thanks for the work you do in here
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions