Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOpete View Post
    I'd tried so many font and replaced the one you mentioned. still show squares. Does have two language in one json file matters? On the other TP, i patch separate json file.
    No, it doesn't matter how many layouts you patch. Have you restarted your TouchPad after installing the fonts? If not, open Device Info, tap the Reset Options button, and choose Restart Device to restart.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yea, i restart with reboot command after every font i installed.

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    No, it doesn't matter how many layouts you patch. Have you restarted your TouchPad after installing the fonts? If not, open Device Info, tap the Reset Options button, and choose Restart Device to restart.
  3.    #583  
    Yea, i restart with reboot command after every font i installed.
    Try to replace the Arial, Courier, Georgia, Times New Roman and Verdana font families with their windows versions. Then replace one of the fonts I mentioned in the earlier post with your Thai/Laos font and rebuild the font cache using this command (you must have root permissions to run it. If you're doing it using WOSQI or Novaterm then you don't need to worry about it):
    Code:
    $ fc-cache -f -v
    Restart your TouchPad. It should work now.
    webOS Scrollbars

any chance they work with the Uberlunah ??
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
    From what I have read custom VKBs do not work, this is because Uberlunah will be supporting custom layouts. I have not seen anyone posting an attempt to install VKB patch after Uberlunah though.

Some times a patch that conflicts when installed in a certain order, doesn't conflict when installed in another order. If you do attempt this though, you do so with no claim of support from webOS Internals, the posters in this thread or the forums in general. So I would not suggest doing it unless you are comfortable with repairing/doctoring/etc your device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
    Right now - no. In the future - more than just a chance, but I won't update the script until UberLunah is released in the stable feeds. It's in the alpha feeds right now and updates daily and I don't have the time to update it with every new version that comes out.
    In fact, I was working on a modular virtual keyboard solution for UberLunah so we won't need the script anymore, but due to personal reasons I'm putting all my free-time projects on hold for a while.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 08/13/2012 at 03:23 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Hi there

I just got my Touchpad a week ago and I was so happy when I found this thread with a danish keyboard layout.
    I'm having a problem though. I'm not shure it has something to do with the keyboard patch, but maybe someone can help...?
    When I'm writing a document (in Quick Office) I have the special danish letters and there is no word prediction but that's oaky. When I'm writing an email every word has a red dotted line underneath and I have to hit backspace every time to get the danish word and not the english suggestion.
    How do I get it to choose the danish word first?
    I hope someone can help, and please foregive me if this has been answered before.

Martin :-)
    kayphoonstar likes this.
  8.    #588  
    Hi there

I just got my Touchpad a week ago and I was so happy when I found this thread with a danish keyboard layout.
    I'm having a problem though. I'm not shure it has something to do with the keyboard patch, but maybe someone can help...?
    When I'm writing a document (in Quick Office) I have the special danish letters and there is no word prediction but that's oaky. When I'm writing an email every word has a red dotted line underneath and I have to hit backspace every time to get the danish word and not the english suggestion.
    How do I get it to choose the danish word first?
    I hope someone can help, and please foregive me if this has been answered before.

Martin :-)
    Unfortunately, a Danish dictionary for spell-checking isn't included in webOS, but you can disable the spell checker in the Regional Settings app by choosing 'None' as the auto correction language for your danish keyboard (if you want to have spell checking when you write in English you can set up two QWERTY keyboards. One with English as the auto correction language and one with 'None' for Danish).
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Unfortunately, a Danish dictionary for spell-checking isn't included in webOS, but you can disable the spell checker in the Regional Settings app by choosing 'None' as the auto correction language for your danish keyboard (if you want to have spell checking when you write in English you can set up two QWERTY keyboards. One with English as the auto correction language and one with 'None' for Danish).
    Thanks for your answer. At least I don't have to hit backspace all the time now!!!

:-)
    I can't install the IPK on LunaCE it says the main and back up files are different sizes... What backup files? Can I delete them? Can I force the IPK to install somehow?
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I can't install the IPK on LunaCE it says the main and back up files are different sizes... What backup files? Can I delete them? Can I force the IPK to install somehow?
    No, you can't install the IPKs on LunaCE. It isn't supported by the patching script.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    webOS Scrollbars

I was about to install the latest LunaCE when I thought it would be better to check if it works well with VKB patches. And now it just prevents a possible WebOS doctoring. Thanks, isagar2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    I was about to install the latest LunaCE when I thought it would be better to check if it works well with VKB patches. And now it just prevents a possible WebOS doctoring. Thanks, isagar2004.
    Just so you know, you shouldn't have to doctor, just install the factory lunasysmgr then reinstall patches (at least in the usage I have seen so far)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just so you know, you shouldn't have to doctor, just install the factory lunasysmgr then reinstall patches (at least in the usage I have seen so far)
    Thanks, it seems that LunaCE will check if the lunasysmgr has been modified or not. If it has, LunaCE will fail to install. This procedure prevents any fatal damage to the system.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Is there a way to modify the keyboard that LunaCE uses since we can't use the IPK patches?
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Is there a way to modify the keyboard that LunaCE uses since we can't use the IPK patches?
    you can go make suggestions in irc to what will be added or not added to LunaCE . Also what would you not have if you installed LunaCE?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    there is a button "English" that I would rather have be the @ symbol since the English button seems to not do anything for me.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    what ? They are discussing adding different layouts or language setting to be added there in the popup that comes up if you hold it down for a sec. Yes it does do something lol.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Okay, didn't try tap and hold, only tap. Now I see that it does do something.

Thanks.
    welcome lol hopefully that button will do lots of thing before its over lol or err before LunaCE is finished lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη