Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by hzhp422 View Post
    Thank you so much. We just tried it and it's wonderful. I'm so sorry that it took so much time and effort to get this right but your end product is amazing. We really appreciate your dedication, patience and energy. We made another donation to the cause; we hope other satisfied users will follow suit.
    You welcome. I'm glad I could help and I'm happy to hear that you like it.
    Thank you for your support.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    wolfgart likes this.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
    It is just a visual thing, would be nice if it showed 4 / instead and default was to type symbol when pressing shift 4.
    I don't think it's necessary, so I'm not going to waste my time on it, but if I'll have free time this evening I'll try to help you.
    webOS Scrollbars

3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by docnas View Post
    I have a request that was previously mentioned by another poster but im not sure i understood your reply. It was regarding the navigation arrow keys. Is there anyway you can have them included ? Specifically the left and right navigation keys. They would help so much while editing text. Your reply said it wasnt possible can you give a short explanation why? I am asking to learn not to question or insult ur abilitys or anything like that.
    OK, here is a short explanation:
    WebOS runs on a patched Linux kernel. The virtual keyboard does not considered a keyboard at all from Linux's point of view, it's just an executable code in LunaSysMgr that sends strings to the system. It doesn't even simulates keyboard's key taps. That's why you can add to the virtual keyboard only character keys and predefined system keys (like Shift, emoticons etc.). The arrow keys aren't defined in LunaSysMgr's code (and even if they were, I don't have any way to get their internal code which is different than the Unicode code used by Linux).
    webOS Scrollbars

Crap wrote a long post but then my wifi wnet out and i lost the post anyway long story short Thanks for the explanation and the guys at HP were idiots should have beta tested or asked for feedback from the intial users atleast.
  5.    #45  
    Remember how the 3 keys I've added for the Swedish keyboard looked like? Here is a hint: grey, and their functionality was different than the letters keys. That was because they have been considered "Non Regional" characters. Today, Dmitry (Compvir) has released the regional characters patch that we were working on and I've updated the Swedish package and screenshot in the first post. For more information about the modification we were working on, please read the updated wiki page.
    Thank you Dmitry!

I've also added a Russian and a Hebrew keyboard layouts to the first post. Note that you'll need a Hebrew font installed to perform the Hebrew layout patching.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 09/07/2011 at 05:30 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hello! New Guy here! Nice to "meet" you good people. Please share your intelligence with med in order so solve a bit of a problem I got right here;

I'm on a mac book pro.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the swedish key patch to install.
    I have installed preware.
    I have followed the steps to download the keypatch zip file and unzip it to a folder named keypatch which I have copied over to my Touchpad.
    So... when I open up terminal and type novaterm I enter root of Touchpad. Entering the command "cd /internal /keypatch" gets me to " root@GabrielHPTouchPad:/media# "

However when I type the command "sh patch.sh patch swedish.json" all I get is this: "sh: can't open 'patch.sh'"
    And nothing else happens : (
    What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry I really, need to get them ,,'s working cause it's driving my crazy!
    I'm new to this forum so I'll apologize before hand in case I've missed out on a couple of rules of the forum or so : )
    Thanks in advance!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by antfarm81 View Post
    Hello! New Guy here! Nice to "meet" you good people. Please share your intelligence with med in order so solve a bit of a problem I got right here;

I'm on a mac book pro.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the swedish key patch to install.
    I have installed preware.
    I have followed the steps to download the keypatch zip file and unzip it to a folder named keypatch which I have copied over to my Touchpad.
    So... when I open up terminal and type novaterm I enter root of Touchpad. Entering the command "cd /internal /keypatch" gets me to " root@GabrielHPTouchPad:/media# "

However when I type the command "sh patch.sh patch swedish.json" all I get is this: "sh: can't open 'patch.sh'"
    And nothing else happens : (
    What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry I really, need to get them ,,'s working cause it's driving my crazy!
    I'm new to this forum so I'll apologize before hand in case I've missed out on a couple of rules of the forum or so : )
    Thanks in advance!
    The line "root@GabrielHPTouchPad:/media#" says that you're in /media folder, not in the patch folder. If you do everything right, you should see something like this: "root@GabrielHPTouchPad:/media/internal/keypatch#". Remember: you should enter the command "cd /media/internal/keypatch" with space only after cd. The rest of the command should be written WITHOUT spaces.
    webOS Scrollbars

Thanks! Works fine now! : )
  9.    #49  
    Guys, I tried to create a thumb keyboard for the TouchPad. I'm not very satisfied with the result and I need testers for this layout. Here is a Screenshot, take a look and reply to this post if there are any changes that you'd like to make or if you'd like to test it for me and share your opinion about it.
    webOS Scrollbars

Would it be possible to add ESC and CTRL keys?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Would it be possible to add ESC and CTRL keys?
    No, it's not possible. Read the FAQ in the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Guys, I tried to create a thumb keyboard for the TouchPad. I'm not very satisfied with the result and I need testers for this layout. Here is a Screenshot, take a look and reply to this post if there are any changes that you'd like to make or if you'd like to test it for me and share your opinion about it.
    Me me me! Ill test it out for you. At a glance, the only thing I would prefer is a .com button instead of smiley faces. Maybe a ? or . and , on separate keys?

Thanks!
    Last edited by strykr; 09/12/2011 at 02:10 PM.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Me me me! Ill test it out for you. At a glance, the only thing I would prefer is a .com button instead of smiley faces. Maybe a ? or . and , on separate keys?

Thanks!
    Download the package from here and follow the installation instructions in the first post.
    The .com button is available when needed (in the browser and mail keyboards). I thought about the "," and "." characters, but I think it's better to just try it before making any changes.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention: it patches the AZERTY layout.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    anyway to have the .com & @ symbol hardcoded in on the bottom row. Seems to be 2 keys that I highly use & would be a tremendous timesaver.

Is it possible to shave down some of the larger buttons & remap it to fit them in?

Another cool thing would be to have the .com button add secondary keys, so a long press like the kb already does would pull up other options such as .net .org .gov .edu or even a user defined one for people wanting a .co.uk or other country specific site?

Lastly, and it may sound crazy, but is it even possible to shrink or increase the size of specific buttons ? I only seem to run into typo issues when try to hit the space bar and end up tapping the V key. Could you essentially shave a portion of say the V & B keys & extend the spacebar up a bit? I think even a little graduated increase from end to end of the keys above the space bar so the top of the spacebar key would curve with an apex in the middle of the key could be a huge boost in speed and accuracy. It might even allow for a reduction in the length of the SB really needed & free up space along the bottom row for some other use....

probably just wishful thinking but I think this odd sounding layout would be a huge improvement but people rarely mess with these things bc of the engrained nature of how the layout just is and expected to be. Ya, KB tweaks aren't the sexiest of subjects for thinking outside the box... or should I say bar ?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    anyway to have the .com & @ symbol hardcoded in on the bottom row. Seems to be 2 keys that I highly use & would be a tremendous timesaver.

Is it possible to shave down some of the larger buttons & remap it to fit them in?

Another cool thing would be to have the .com button add secondary keys, so a long press like the kb already does would pull up other options such as .net .org .gov .edu or even a user defined one for people wanting a .co.uk or other country specific site?

Lastly, and it may sound crazy, but is it even possible to shrink or increase the size of specific buttons ? I only seem to run into typo issues when try to hit the space bar and end up tapping the V key. Could you essentially shave a portion of say the V & B keys & extend the spacebar up a bit? I think even a little graduated increase from end to end of the keys above the space bar so the top of the spacebar key would curve with an apex in the middle of the key could be a huge boost in speed and accuracy. It might even allow for a reduction in the length of the SB really needed & free up space along the bottom row for some other use....

probably just wishful thinking but I think this odd sounding layout would be a huge improvement but people rarely mess with these things bc of the engrained nature of how the layout just is and expected to be. Ya, KB tweaks aren't the sexiest of subjects for thinking outside the box... or should I say bar ?
    It is possible to put .com and @ buttons in the bottom row, but I see that in this post you used these keys only once (and only when you mentioned them), so I can't tell why do you think that they are highly used keys, and I won't remap the keyboard just for one key (as I wrote in the FAQ in the first post).
    The .com button, when it appears (in the browser keyboard), already has an extended set of strings exactly as you wish. I don't know why do you want me do add something that already exists.
    About the spacebar - No. The only thing we can control is the width of specific buttons, not the hight.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hi. Can you make Czech keyboard layout? It should be like normal QWERTY but the default English keyboard is missing some characters (for example character č when you long-press c).
    Hey there! First of all, thank you so, so much for bringing Dvorak to the TouchPad. That is huge for me. Made my week.

General question: you say that supporting the Dvorak layout on physical keyboards would involve significantly more effort. However, what about a special keyboard (like to work with USB)?

I figured I'd ask for your opinion/guess/definitive answer because you seem quite knowledgeable on the subject. Thanks!
    Last edited by El Schisne; 09/13/2011 at 03:07 PM.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by El Schisne View Post
    Hey there! First of all, thank you so, so much for bringing Dvorak to the TouchPad. That is huge for me. Made my week.

General question: you say that supporting the Dvorak layout on physical keyboards would involve significantly more effort. However, what about a special keyboard like ( to work with USB)?

I figured I'd ask for your opinion/guess/definitive answer because you seem quite knowledgeable on the subject. Thanks!
    I don't really know what's "keys mapped in the hardware", but if understood it correctly then it's sending the QWERTY keycodes from their location in the Dvorak layout. If that's right, the keyboard should work perfectly with the TouchPad.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I don't really know what's "keys mapped in the hardware", but if understood it correctly then it's sending the QWERTY keycodes from their location in the Dvorak layout. If that's right, the keyboard should work perfectly with the TouchPad.
    Yeah, from what I've read, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. Too bad I can't find one that supports Bluetooth... if I could, I'd buy it in an instant. Anyway, thanks!
    italian keyboard , please
    - HP Veer --
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast