Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Actually I was already there and there's so much to understand. My comprehension certain not 100%. Any youtube or GUI procedure?

As for the Thai Keyboard, it's there but I can't use it. It's mising the 2 row, and most of the Vowels are in those rows.

I will try to read the wiki again it might take me the whole year :-) to complete.

Thanks for the light tho.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok, i think I understand the JSON file now.
    Once I've done edited the JSON file, do I need to debug it or anything or just upload to the touchpad?
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOpete View Post
    Actually I was already there and there's so much to understand. My comprehension certain not 100%. Any youtube or GUI procedure?

As for the Thai Keyboard, it's there but I can't use it. It's mising the 2 row, and most of the Vowels are in those rows.

I will try to read the wiki again it might take me the whole year :-) to complete.

Thanks for the light tho.
    Ok, i think I understand the JSON file now.
    Once I've done edited the JSON file, do I need to debug it or anything or just upload to the touchpad?
    Yes, just copy the script and the edited file to your TouchPad and follow the command-line instructions in the first post. If something's wrong with your file, the installation will just fail and it'll display an error message.
    You're the first one to say that the Thai keyboard is missing some keys (other Thai users have said that the keyboard is fine), so just send me the fixed file when you're done so I could add it to the first post, okay?
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok, I'd try Hebrew ipk on another tablet let. I than install the thai ipk again and it doens't show character at all now.
    Attatched is the JSON file i worked. If you have Vista/Win7 character should show on your pc. When I try to patch it something about illegal "<"
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #545  
    Ok, I'd try Hebrew ipk on another tablet let. I than install the thai ipk again and it doens't show character at all now.
    Attatched is the JSON file i worked. If you have Vista/Win7 character should show on your pc. When I try to patch it something about illegal "<"
    Your layout is invalid because several keys in your layout have strings of two or more characters while every key can hold only a single character.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So any language with 2 character per stroke will not work? Or is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Your layout is invalid because several keys in your layout have strings of two or more characters while every key can hold only a single character.
  7.    #547  
    So any language with 2 character per stroke will not work? Or is it possible?
    I'm not sure I understand. If you need to type two letters, just type the two letters. If those two letters are usually replaced by a completely different letter when typed together, use that letter when creating the keyboard layout. I don't know of any case which would require you to create a new key with two characters instead of just typing the two characters with the existing keys.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    in Windows and Android, don't know about apple, SHIFT(sec) key are mostly accent marks. I just want to make it like original. Example " a " is a vowel character and " A " is a vowel plus accent used by letter "h".
    I can probably work around it but it just won't be normal. Maybe I can use a sample that was use for emoticons.

I'm not sure I understand. If you need to type two letters, just type the two letters. If those two letters are usually replaced by a completely different letter when typed together, use that letter when creating the keyboard layout. I don't know of any case which would require you to create a new key with two characters instead of just typing the two characters with the existing keys.
  9.    #549  
    in Windows and Android, don't know about apple, SHIFT(sec) key are mostly accent marks. I just want to make it like original. Example " a " is a vowel character and " A " is a vowel plus accent used by letter "h".
    I can probably work around it but it just won't be normal. Maybe I can use a sample that was use for emoticons.
    The emoticons are predefined strings (or even images, judging from the WOCE source code) and the script does not support that kind of patching.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    In the picture, the bottom portion. The key uses multiple character EX: :-), what I call emoticon. Can't I do that also?

Also, I don't understand how we get 8 rows when we have 5. I know wiki mentioned extra 3 rows.

This is a simple layout I want.
    row 0 12kyes
    row 1 12keys
    row 2 12keys
    row 3 12keys

row 4 maybe just 3, 1.keyboard changer, 2.spacebar 3.hide keyboard

man, frustrating but i am going to get this working.
  11.    #551  
    In the picture, the bottom portion. The key uses multiple character EX: :-), what I call emoticon. Can't I do that also?

Also, I don't understand how we get 8 rows when we have 5. I know wiki mentioned extra 3 rows.

This is a simple layout I want.
    row 0 12kyes
    row 1 12keys
    row 2 12keys
    row 3 12keys

row 4 maybe just 3, 1.keyboard changer, 2.spacebar 3.hide keyboard

man, frustrating but i am going to get this working.
    As I said, the emoticons are predefined strings or images, and the script does not support this kind of patching.
    The 3 extra rows are just other variants of the bottom row.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok, there another thread for patching VKB by Maverick. What's the difference? If same, who should be credit for the work?
  13.    #553  
    Ok, there another thread for patching VKB by Maverick. What's the difference? If same, who should be credit for the work?
    The work of researching and creating the patching script was done by me and Dmitry Silaev (Compvir). Maverick just asked a question which led to the discovery of the navigation keys. Not sure what's the difference (if any) between this thread and the other one.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 07/31/2012 at 09:53 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

I am going to ask what must be a really stupid question ..... but ....

If the ipk packages which are downloadable from this thread are installable by Preware, why are these packages not available from Preware?
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    I am going to ask what must be a really stupid question ..... but ....

If the ipk packages which are downloadable from this thread are installable by Preware, why are these packages not available from Preware?
    The main reason is because webOS-Internals does not approve binary patches in the Preware feeds.
    I wanted to create a private feed that will allow people to easily install and update the patches, but it requires additional fail-safe code and I'm a bit lazy :P
    Besides, since the open-source release of LunaSysMgr last month, I've been working on a completely different approach for the virtual keyboard (and input in general), so I see no point in working on the patches when I can just create a modular virtual keyboard and contribute the code to WOCE that will be available soon through Preware.
    webOS Scrollbars

Thanks isagar2004. I wasn't aware of the restrictions on webOS internals. It is not a problem to download the ipk files and then install them using Preware or Internalz Pro. I was just curious
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So now I know why he didn't add the accent marks and some vowels because it would not line up right. Instead of lining up above or below the consenant, it goes onto the next character space. Has anyone with accent mark layout working correctly?

(other Thai users have said that the keyboard is fine), so just send me the fixed file when you're done so I could add it to the first post, okay?
    Also, how do we install the correct unicode font so it will display correctly once typed. I installed several unicode ttf including windows font that i used to edit. The keys looks fine but still showing up square. I used this guys method, tell me if it's wrong.
    # mount -o remount,rw /
    # cp media/internal/my fonts.ttf usr/share/fonts
  18.    #558  
    So now I know why he didn't add the accent marks and some vowels because it would not line up right. Instead of lining up above or below the consenant, it goes onto the next character space. Has anyone with accent mark layout working correctly?

Also, how do we install the correct unicode font so it will display correctly once typed. I installed several unicode ttf including windows font that i used to edit. The keys looks fine but still showing up square. I used this guys method, tell me if it's wrong.
    # mount -o remount,rw /
    # cp media/internal/my fonts.ttf usr/share/fonts
    Unfortunately, webOS does not currently support accents embedding for foreign languages , so you'll have to type the accent before the letter and not after it.
    And yes, you're doing it wrong. You need to specify a name of an existing webOS font if you want it to be recognized by webOS. For example:
    $ cp /media/internal/some-font.ttf /usr/share/fonts/Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    , so you'll have to type the accent before the letter and not after it.
    So can it be done? By typing the accent before the letter? Wouldn't the accent just be in front of the letter instead of top or bottom?

And yes, you're doing it wrong. You need to specify a name of an existing webOS font if you want it to be recognized by webOS. For example:
    So we need to sub/replace not add? I swear I added bunch of fonts and it works except the I and B. I was trying to see which one actually works by removing one at a time and readding them and none of them now works. I will try to replace the WebOS font.

How can I have original keyboard back, i dont need the ARROWS KEY? I redid my TP, i chose the bottom one, erase everything. still my keyboard kinda mess up.
  20.    #560  
    So can it be done? By typing the accent before the letter? Wouldn't the accent just be in front of the letter instead of top or bottom?

So we need to sub/replace not add? I swear I added bunch of fonts and it works except the I and B. I was trying to see which one actually works by removing one at a time and readding them and none of them now works. I will try to replace the WebOS font.

How can I have original keyboard back, i dont need the ARROWS KEY? I redid my TP, i chose the bottom one, erase everything. still my keyboard kinda mess up.
    Yup. It depends on the font, but that's mainly the way it works in webOS.
    And yes. You have to replace an existing font.
    Not sure what you did to "redo" your TouchPad, but the keyboard patches should be uninstalled per the instructions in the first post. That's the right way and the only one you should use.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 08/03/2012 at 05:48 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars