Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    I've tried and failed to do this on my own; so I'm going to ask for help.

Here's the info for the keyboard that I need.

I've mapped the UTF8 values onto the standard QWERTY keyboard as follows:

A = 63696;
    B = 63697;
    C = 63698;
    D = 63699;
    E = 63700;
    G = 63701;
    H = 63702;
    I = 63703;
    J = 63704;
    L = 63705;
    M = 63706;
    N = 63707;
    F = 63708;
    O = 63709;
    P = 63710;
    K = 63711;
    Q = 63712;
    R = 63713;
    S = 63714;
    T = 63715;
    X = 63716;
    U = 63717;
    V = 63718;
    W = 63719;
    Y = 63720;
    ' = 63721;

, = 63741;
    . = 63742;
    Z = 63743;

0 = 63728;
    1 = 63729;
    2 = 63730;
    3 = 63731;
    4 = 63732;
    5 = 63733;
    6 = 63734;
    7 = 63735;
    8 = 63736;
    9 = 63737;

A note on Z and '
    On my laptop, I enjoy the mapping as listed.
    The TouchPad's VK, however, doesn't give me a ' after the L.
    As I'm pretty sure I read that we can't add keys, we'll need to use the ' value for both ' and Z.
    The Z value would then be typed as a special character by holding Z.

Thanks in advance.

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I have more just idea. The patch does not add another layout, it just patches one of the three existing (which are QWERTY, QWRTZ and AZERTY). Since most users don't use the AZERTY layout, the Vietnamese patch patches it. If you want to patch a different layout (in your case, I guess you would like to patch the QWERTZ layout), download the command line package, edit it using the instructions provided in the wiki page and apply it according to the command line instructions in the first post.

Thanks a lot for your answer Isagar, the essential is that I can type some vietnamese characters with your patch, the QWERTY layout is not a matter to write a comprehensive French word.
    Regards
    Sorry if this has been answered, I have been searching the thread.

I am trying to edit the patch file for Spanish. I've changed the basic keys, but I need to change some of the extended character sets.

For example, I need to add ° to a different set than it is currently. I have looked at a few of the languages that change extended sets, but I'm still a bit lost on this one part. I've been reading that the sets are hardcoded and you can't change them. But obviously that's not the case as several keyboard patches DO change them...

Have looked at the Wiki here: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals, but it does not explain how to edit the sets in the JSON file.

Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by lotherius View Post

I am trying to edit the patch file for Spanish. I've changed the basic keys, but I need to change some of the extended character sets.

For example, I need to add ° to a different set than it is currently. I have looked at a few of the languages that change extended sets, but I'm still a bit lost on this one part. I've been reading that the sets are hardcoded and you can't change them. But obviously that's not the case as several keyboard patches DO change them...

Have looked at the Wiki here: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals, but it does not explain how to edit the sets in the JSON file.

Any tips?
    Iotherius,

You can’t expand the number of characters of one SET, but you can edit its characters and use it for any key, except the space bar and the dark keys.

All the SETS are listed in the JSON’s "sets" area, so there the characters can be changed. To assign one SET to a key you have to write it in its "EXT" area, e. g. "EXT": "SET64"
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    I've tried and failed to do this on my own; so I'm going to ask for help.

Here's the info for the keyboard that I need.

I've mapped the UTF8 values onto the standard QWERTY keyboard as follows:

A = 63696;
    B = 63697;
    C = 63698;
    D = 63699;
    E = 63700;
    G = 63701;
    H = 63702;
    I = 63703;
    J = 63704;
    L = 63705;
    M = 63706;
    N = 63707;
    F = 63708;
    O = 63709;
    P = 63710;
    K = 63711;
    Q = 63712;
    R = 63713;
    S = 63714;
    T = 63715;
    X = 63716;
    U = 63717;
    V = 63718;
    W = 63719;
    Y = 63720;
    ' = 63721;

, = 63741;
    . = 63742;
    Z = 63743;

0 = 63728;
    1 = 63729;
    2 = 63730;
    3 = 63731;
    4 = 63732;
    5 = 63733;
    6 = 63734;
    7 = 63735;
    8 = 63736;
    9 = 63737;

A note on Z and '
    On my laptop, I enjoy the mapping as listed.
    The TouchPad's VK, however, doesn't give me a ' after the L.
    As I'm pretty sure I read that we can't add keys, we'll need to use the ' value for both ' and Z.
    The Z value would then be typed as a special character by holding Z.

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, but I don’t get that. Come again, please …
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Sorry, but I donít get that. Come again, please Ö
    Neither do I. It looks like a long post without any question to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lotherius View Post

Any tips?
    Iotherius,

You canít expand the number of characters of one SET, but you can edit its characters and use it for any key, except the space bar and the dark keys.

All the SETS are listed in the JSONís "sets" area, so there the characters can be changed. To assign one SET to a key you have to write it in its "EXT" area, e. g. "EXT": "SET64"
    I guess that he doesn't want to add new characters to an existing set, but to replace an existing character. As I understand, his problem is that he can't find the set he wants to patch in any of the provided patches. That's because the patches' JSON files contain only the sets and layouts they patch. To create a new patch he needs to get the full template using the generate command and work with the output JSON file. It's all written in the wiki page.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    I've been browsing this site for some time now and I joined just to show my appreciation for your work. Thank you so much!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Sorry, but I donít get that. Come again, please Ö
    Neither do I. It looks like a long post without any question to me.
    Sorry, let's try again.

Like most of the posts here; I need a new keyboard to support my language.
    I tried creating one on my own, but failed.

I attempted to post the information needed for someone else to try.

I'll gladly send a donation to whoever is willing to make the keyboard.

If someone is willing, let me know if I need to re-post the information in a different format.

webOS Developer
  9.    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Sorry, let's try again.

Like most of the posts here; I need a new keyboard to support my language.
    I tried creating one on my own, but failed.

I attempted to post the information needed for someone else to try.

I'll gladly send a donation to whoever is willing to make the keyboard.

If someone is willing, let me know if I need to re-post the information in a different format.
    Which language are we speaking of, and could you please attach a Unicode-format text file with the characters of the keyboard layout you wish to create? (not the UTF-8 values, because I'm not going to waste time on converting them to "normal" characters).
    Please, let's continue this discussion through PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Sorry for the ignorance as i only skimmed through this post... but awesome work you guys.

Is it possible that i can have the wterm keyboard to be my default keyboard?

Its really hard using tigervnc with the default keyboard, and would love to use the page up, page dn, esc and Ctrl, shift, it all.

Is this possible?

And again sorry?
    No wTerm as default at least not until full source code is open, then maybe
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Lordryals likes this.
    Which language are we speaking of, and could you please attach a Unicode-format text file with the characters of the keyboard layout you wish to create? (not the UTF-8 values, because I'm not going to waste time on converting them to "normal" characters).
    Please, let's continue this discussion through PM.
    I'm not able to attach files to PM's.
    Attachment here; rest in PM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

webOS Developer
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie. I've looked through the pages and have not been able to find anything on Korean keyboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to have a Korean keyboard functionality.
  14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by dt18997 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie. I've looked through the pages and have not been able to find anything on Korean keyboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to have a Korean keyboard functionality.
    There isn't a Korean virtual keyboard in this thread because no one had created such keyboard layout to use with our patching script. You can try and create a Korean virtual keyboard layout following the instructions in the wiki page. Then post it here and I'll gladly add it to the first post.
    webOS Scrollbars

hi, isagar2004, im using the patches right now and its pretty convenient. Recently we got Chinese input coming out. After installing it, those arrows are missing and the keyboard layout changes a bit with a CH/EN switch key. My question is can i apply the patch again without any problems?
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    hi, isagar2004, im using the patches right now and its pretty convenient. Recently we got Chinese input coming out. After installing it, those arrows are missing and the keyboard layout changes a bit with a CH/EN switch key. My question is can i apply the patch again without any problems?
    If the Chinese LunaSysMgr is different than the universal one, I'll need to get it and update the script in order to support it. Otherwise, it'll work fine (don't worry, you can try and install the patch. If it's not supported, it'll simply stop the installation and will display an error message).
    webOS Scrollbars

If the Chinese LunaSysMgr is different than the universal one, I'll need to get it and update the script in order to support it. Otherwise, it'll work fine (don't worry, you can try and install the patch. If it's not supported, it'll simply stop the installation and will display an error message).
    Thanks for your reply. Gonna try and see if it works.

Edit: Nah, not working.
    Maybe I'm a little hasty, but is it possible for you to update it to support our Chinese input soon? Really appreciate that.
    Last edited by johnleo; 07/21/2012 at 07:06 AM.
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Gonna try and see if it works.

Edit: Nah, not working.
    Maybe I'm a little hasty, but is it possible for you to update it to support our Chinese input soon? Really appreciate that.
    Sure. Just PM me a link to the download of the Chinese package and I'll update the script ASAP.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hi, I just downloaded the thai keyboard. it's missing 2 collums, the 6 and 7 down to N and M.
    If I like to edit or create one. Could someone direct me the right place. I prefer edit, if possibe from one language to another. I want to create one for Laos and Tai (tai heritage). Donation on hand.
    Would be great if someone could just create on already to install.
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOpete View Post
    Hi, I just downloaded the thai keyboard. it's missing 2 collums, the 6 and 7 down to N and M.
    If I like to edit or create one. Could someone direct me the right place. I prefer edit, if possibe from one language to another. I want to create one for Laos and Tai (tai heritage). Donation on hand.
    Would be great if someone could just create on already to install.
    Well, there's the wiki page which describes the keyboard layout file structure.
    Since you're already using the Thai keyboard, if you want to edit the existing layout, you can just extract the thai.json file from the ZIP package and edit it per the wiki page instructions using any text editor that supports UTF-8 editing without BOM (just to name a few: Notepad++, Vim, Sublime Text, etc. DO NOT use Windows' Notepad).
    If after reading this and the wiki page you still have any questions - just ask and I'll try to do my best to answer.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 07/29/2012 at 05:13 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars