Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was talking 10 key layout, like on the right of a physical keyboard. Figured if a thumb KB could be done maybe a 10 key layout could be done.
    You’re talking about the Num Pad, right? That could be done, but what to do with remaining the left side? Navigation arrows and special characters?
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    That would work, if I could figure out a way to install it as an alternative KB.

Like if it patched the AZERTY..

Then I could do QWERTY thumb KB in QWERTZ layout, then QWERTY w/ arrows.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My »QWERTY thumb kb« patches the AZERTY, so, if you’d like to use that, it would be best to patch the QWERTZ for the »Num Pad«. Are using the standard QWERTY with arrow keys or are there other modifications (like Mavericks has done)?
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    I'm actually just getting everything set back up, so that would work for me
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm actually just getting everything set back up, so that would work for me
    Alright. I’ll have a look at it during the weekend and post a draft showing the basic key layout.

Hopefully in Open webOS we’ll be able to make a real thumb layout and also a numbers pad as a pop up or something …
    webOS is simply fabulous

pop up nuber pad would be awesome... like the calculator that is in the notification area (wouldn't work as well for 10 keying since you would be covering part of the app you are keying into with your arm, but might be a start in a few month).

Thanks for taking a look at this too!
    Here is my conceptual design for a Thumb Num Pad as discussed with OldSkoolVWLover. It is mainly based on my Thumb Keyboards, which normally patch the AZERTY layout.

Some of the second characters (SEC—available when toggling to ABC mode) are not set yet, and maybe I will have to move around some characters/ciphers/symbols, because of TP’s habit of displaying them related to the bit size.

I’m aiming on a reduced amount of character sets (SET), as this is not a fully featured keyboard, but rather kind of a gimmick to mimic a real keyboard’s numbers pad. Also this will make it possible to combine other layouts in one patch more easily!

Please feel free to comment! Tomorrow I’ll have another look at it …
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS is simply fabulous

I really like the KB in wTerm.
    any we can have something similar via a patch?
    Last edited by Kneelbeforezod; 02/15/2012 at 01:42 PM.
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    I really like the KB in wTerm.
    any we can have something similar via a patch?
    Sorry, but no, It's not possible without the source code.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Where is Urdu and Arabic keyboard in webos 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by faizybhai View Post
    Being a TouchPad thread, the content here is specific to 3.x
    Quote Originally Posted by faizybhai View Post
    Look in the WebOS Development forum, for Arabization. It's all there for Arabic. No guarantees for Urdu, thou it's the same alphabet.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Maybe my russian(with english too) thumb layout is more convenient for short finger.
    In zip archive ipk and json files.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NIN_ru; 02/28/2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    Maybe my russian(with english too) thumb layout is more convenient for short finger.
    Indeed. Thanks for your effort!

GWN
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 02/28/2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Firstly thanks for works,
    Secondly i have a little trouble on the TP keyboard layout on Touchpad 3.0.5 configured as follow :
    - Viet fonts
    - regional keyboard AZERTY and local language as FRENCH

After installation of vietnamese ipk with Internals Pro, I'm loosing the AZERTY keyboard and in place I found by toggling "En" / "Fr" touch on the virtual keyboard, choice between
    - an English keyboard layout QWERTY with 2 arrow keys
    or
    - a French keyboard layout QWERTY without arrow keys

and no more AZERTY keyboard, even if the regional settings are ;
    - AZERTY / FRENCH is still set
    - QWERTY / ENGLISH (newly added after ipk installation)

Do you have an idea about that ?
    Regards
    Hi,

Thank you for the Vietnamese patch for Touchpad 3.05 (vietnamese.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.0.5). As indicated on the attached screenshot, it almost works completely, except for a few labels on keys 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. The actual keystrokes are fine, but some of those labels needs to be shifted to the left. Can someone help? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsag View Post
    Firstly thanks for works,
    Secondly i have a little trouble on the TP keyboard layout on Touchpad 3.0.5 configured as follow :
    - Viet fonts
    - regional keyboard AZERTY and local language as FRENCH

After installation of vietnamese ipk with Internals Pro, I'm loosing the AZERTY keyboard and in place I found by toggling "En" / "Fr" touch on the virtual keyboard, choice between
    - an English keyboard layout QWERTY with 2 arrow keys
    or
    - a French keyboard layout QWERTY without arrow keys

and no more AZERTY keyboard, even if the regional settings are ;
    - AZERTY / FRENCH is still set
    - QWERTY / ENGLISH (newly added after ipk installation)

Do you have an idea about that ?
    Regards
    I have more just idea. The patch does not add another layout, it just patches one of the three existing (which are QWERTY, QWRTZ and AZERTY). Since most users don't use the AZERTY layout, the Vietnamese patch patches it. If you want to patch a different layout (in your case, I guess you would like to patch the QWERTZ layout), download the command line package, edit it using the instructions provided in the wiki page and apply it according to the command line instructions in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for the Vietnamese patch for Touchpad 3.05 (vietnamese.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.0.5). As indicated on the attached screenshot, it almost works completely, except for a few labels on keys 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. The actual keystrokes are fine, but some of those labels needs to be shifted to the left. Can someone help? Thanks.
    What do you mean by "needs to be shifted to the left"?
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    What do you mean by "needs to be shifted to the left"?
    For instance, if you look at the screenshot, key number 5 has no symbol on it. The ` symbol on key number 6 should be on number 5. Number 5 is currently blank, which is incorrect. The , on the key number 7 should be on number 6. The . label on number 0 should be on number 9. The symbol ' on number 9 should be on number 8. Symbol ~ on number 8 should be on number 7. It's what is presented when I type, but the label does not match what I type.
    Last edited by rockus_123; 03/03/2012 at 08:33 PM.
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    For instance, if you look at the screenshot, key number 5 has no symbol on it. The ` symbol on key number 6 should be on number 5. Number 5 is currently blank, which is incorrect. The , on the key number 7 should be on number 6. The . label on number 0 should be on number 9. The symbol ' on number 9 should be on number 8. Symbol ~ on number 8 should be on number 7. It's what is presented when I type, but the label does not match what I type.
    That's weird, but if it types correctly then I can't help you. I have no control on the appearance of the symbols on the keyboard. Sorry.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    That's weird, but if it types correctly then I can't help you. I have no control on the appearance of the symbols on the keyboard. Sorry.
    Thanks isagar2004. It's just the Vietnamese symbol that doesn't match what is shown when I type. In English term, it is like I type or press the key which has the label y, but the letter x is displayed. The label should be x, instead of y. It's a bother, since everytime I want to type the word x, I have to use the key that is labelled y. The key x should be labelled as x.
    Last edited by rockus_123; 03/04/2012 at 07:19 AM.