Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    So looks like I installed "originalarrowsall.maverickz_1.0.0.ipk". And I can't seem to uninstall it via Preware. Ran Emergency Patch Recovery and that didn't remove the arrows either. What gives? Is there manual way to remove this patch?
    I would suggest looking at the first couple posts in that thread, and posting in that thread since the patches are different, and have/had various different installation methods.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would suggest looking at the first couple posts in that thread, and posting in that thread since the patches are different, and have/had various different installation methods.
    What exactly is "that" thread? I updated my post and was able to remove it, as it was not listed under Patches for Installed Packages, but Unknown.
    What exactly is "that" thread? I updated my post and was able to remove it, as it was not listed under Patches for Installed Packages, but Unknown.
    He means posting in this thread: Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS since this is where you got that patch. Glad to see you got it working though.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

I honestly didn't even realize there were two different threads. Even more confusing that they're both in the same forum subcategory

FYI, I installed the thumb keyboard from the OP of this thread and it did not create a split keyboard (while in landscape). Preware shows the "thumb" keyboard is installed, yet there is no split. The arrows are there, however.
    I honestly didn't even realize there were two different threads. Even more confusing that they're both in the same forum subcategory

FYI, I installed the thumb keyboard from the OP of this thread and it did not create a split keyboard (while in landscape). Preware shows the "thumb" keyboard is installed, yet there is no split. The arrows are there, however.
    Are you sure to have set up an AZERTY keyboard within your TP Language app!? Because that’s the pathed split layout …
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Are you sure to have set up an AZERTY keyboard within your TP Language app!? Because that’s the pathed split layout …
    Thanks. That did the trick!
    Thanks. That did the trick!
    You’re welcome
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    Is it possible that the qwerty thumb keypatch IPK (the third from the bottom in the first message of this thread -- New qwerty-thumb.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.5.0.1) - with arrow keys) is pointing to the wrong file?

After getting that file from mediafire, the keyboard that was installed was just the arrow keys to the left & right of the numbers. There is no "thumb" aspect to it at all, whether in portrait or landscape. It is NOT like the screen shot shows. I'm a bit confused. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I then did the Linux Commandline route and I got the same result.

It is most definitely NOT this screenshot:

http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...erty-thumb.png

Thanks in advance!
  9.    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Is it possible that the qwerty thumb keypatch IPK (the third from the bottom in the first message of this thread -- New qwerty-thumb.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.5.0.1) - with arrow keys) is pointing to the wrong file?

After getting that file from mediafire, the keyboard that was installed was just the arrow keys to the left & right of the numbers. There is no "thumb" aspect to it at all, whether in portrait or landscape. It is NOT like the screen shot shows. I'm a bit confused. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I then did the Linux Commandline route and I got the same result.

It is most definitely NOT this screenshot:

http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...erty-thumb.png

Thanks in advance!
    Don't you guys ever read? All the last posts are about it while the answer is already written twice in the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Command line and IPK continuation:
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY layout, open the Regional Settings and add a keyboard with the layout you patched.
    - If you want to use English QWERTY as well, just add an English QWERTY keyboard too.

FAQ:
    Q: I've installed the Dvorak patch but I can't find the Dvorak layout in Regional Settings. Why?
    - A: As the patch's description says, the patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. Add a keyboard with an AZERTY layout to use the patched keyboard.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Which IPK exactly?
    Hi - hebrew. regards Jonathan
    Where are you getting that message from? Are you trying to use your TP to download the file? I noticed that it doesn't like IPK from certain sources.
    Hi there, I get the message when I click the Hebrew IPK link in this thred. It takes me to Media fire an dthere I getr a message that file is invalid or dose not exist - many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ybendov View Post
    Hi there, I get the message when I click the Hebrew IPK link in this thred. It takes me to Media fire an dthere I getr a message that file is invalid or dose not exist - many thanks
    Sorry for the mispell - I get the message when I click on the hebrew IPK link above. it takes me to Media Fire and on Media Fire I get a message that file is invalid or does not exist. Thanks Jonathan
    Don't you guys ever read? All the last posts are about it while the answer is already written twice in the first post:
    I see. I apologize about that. I overlooked that in the "command line method" and when I went to try the "IPK method" I stopped at step 9 thinking I was done.

Command line and IPK continuation:
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY layout, open the Regional Settings and add a keyboard with the layout you patched.
    - If you want to use English QWERTY as well, just add an English QWERTY keyboard too.
    So I downloaded the IPK of arrowscorn, the second file in the Keyboard layouts list (a regular QWERTY keyboard).

When adding it via WOSQI I got a long error message where at the end it says, "ERROR: Layout file does not exist."

Yet I'm adding a QWERTY keyboard so I'm a bit confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although I have successfully installed patches before (I think 16), please keep in mind my username. ;-)

Thanks in advance!

==========================================================

EDIT: NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SEE MY MISTAKE.

That thumb keyboard is not a QWERTY keyboard (by its name I thought it was), it is an AZERTY keyboard.

I fixed it...so all is well.

Sorry for being a noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NewTouchPadUser; 02/09/2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ybendov View Post
    Sorry for the mispell - I get the message when I click on the hebrew IPK link above. it takes me to Media Fire and on Media Fire I get a message that file is invalid or does not exist. Thanks Jonathan
    You mean this patch, right?

- hebreg.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.0.5) - Updated with arrow keys - Hebrew keyboard layout (You'll need a Hebrew font installed before trying to use this patch in the command line method (The IPK installs the font automatically)). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).

I have no problems downloading both the ZIP or IPK. Shall I provide you the the files in another way? @isagar Are you okay with that?
    webOS is simply fabulous

15.    #495  
    You mean this patch, right?

- hebreg.keypatch.zip (IPK v1.0.5) - Updated with arrow keys - Hebrew keyboard layout (You'll need a Hebrew font installed before trying to use this patch in the command line method (The IPK installs the font automatically)). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).

I have no problems downloading both the ZIP or IPK. Shall I provide you the the files in another way? @isagar Are you okay with that?
    Absolutely fine with me, as long as you remove the files after that so there won't be an outdated version floating around the web.
    webOS Scrollbars

I don't think I've seen this asked before... I was adding items to wooden rows last night and thought it would be awesome to have a 10 key keyboard layout (replacing one of the non QWERTY kb's if possible.

Any thoughts?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Absolutely fine with me, as long as you remove the files after that so there won't be an outdated version floating around the web.
    So it will be.

@ybendov Please try to download the file from here: webOS - Folder Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    webOS is simply fabulous

Hoy,
    there I am posting keypatch with Czech keyboard, so if you like, you can add it to your list in first post here...

http://jirikuv.chlivek.com/2012/02/0...-na-touchpadu/
    http://jirikuv.chlivek.com/files/cze...tch.v2.305.zip

br,
    //Jiri
    Last edited by jrgcz; 02/13/2012 at 07:30 AM.
  19.    #499  
    I don't think I've seen this asked before... I was adding items to wooden rows last night and thought it would be awesome to have a 10 key keyboard layout (replacing one of the non QWERTY kb's if possible.

Any thoughts?
    You mean the string "10"? Because with the patching script we're limited to only single character, so the only way to do it would be to patch the existing variables like the ".com" or the emoticons string, but I don't (and I don't think that Dmitry does) intend to try and add such option because it's too risky.
    webOS Scrollbars

I was talking 10 key layout, like on the right of a physical keyboard. Figured if a thumb KB could be done maybe a 10 key layout could be done.