Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    the QWERTY thumb ipk, is coming up as a zip
    Oh, sorry about that. I just fixed it, thank you for informing me.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm gonna have to play with this this weekend...

eh, maybe I will do it on lunch today, easy to dl ipk and install.
    Have fun! Tell me if changes are needed. When Iím back home on Tuesday I can make you an individual JSON Ö
    Thanks for all your hard work I've been waiting for this patch for a while!

I have a problem though, I've installed the QWERTY Thumb patch and Preware show's that it's installed, but my keyboard is the same at it ever was.

Did I miss a step?

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work I've been waiting for this patch for a while!

I have a problem though, I've installed the QWERTY Thumb patch and Preware show's that it's installed, but my keyboard is the same at it ever was.

Did I miss a step?

Thanks again.
    I didn't see the changes until I did a restart, in my case a regular restart, not luna...
    Go to device properties and scroll to bottom and click restart options and use restart button (NOT erase) !!
    I hope this helps you.
    Restarted, but it didnt help.
  6.    #466  
    Have you added an AZERTY keyboard in Regional Settings?
    webOS Scrollbars

I did not, that did the trick! THanks! Isagar2004. I followed these instructions from the front page, which do not mention picking AZERTY in the regional settings.

The IPK method:
    1) Download the layout you want from the links at the end of this post (use the IPK link next to the layout name). You can download the IPKs directly to your device (Having troubles downloading directly to your device? Check post #374 and skip to step 9).
    2) If you've downloaded the IPK to your computer, continue the process using WOSQI as described in the next steps; otherwise, just skip to step 6.
    3) Connect your TouchPad to your computer and hit "Cancel" on the USB Drive prompt (You won't see the USB drive prompt if you're using the "Just Charge by default" patch, so just skip this part).
    4) Open webOS Quick Install and click on the + button. Navigate to the folder that you've downloaded the IPK file into it and select the IPK file.
    5) Click on the "Install" button (skip to step 9).
    6) for those who've downloaded the IPK directly to their device, you can install it using Preware as described in step 7, or using Internalz (if you've installed it on your TouchPad) as described in step 8.
    7) Using Preware: open Preware, select "Install Package" from the app menu, click "Browse", enter the downloads folder, select the IPK file, click OK and install it (skip to step 9).
    8) Using Internalz: open Internalz, navigate to "/media/internal/downloads", tap on the IPK file, select "Open" in the context menu and click "Install" on the window that will pop-up.
    9) Be patient. This process might take up to 10 minutes. DO NOT kill WOSQI/Preware during the process! The device will restart the GUI after the patching without warning, so don't panic.
    - If you're installing using WOSQI, close WOSQI when done.

Command line and IPK continuation:
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY keyboard open Regional settings and add a keyboard with the layout and the language code you patched (The language code would show up as KeyBoardPatch_XX in Regional Setting (XX is the package's lang code. For example: for the Swedish package it would be sv. DO NOT change the language under the Language section in Regional Setting. Change only under "Keyboard Type") (Not working in webOS 3.0.4 due to the changes HP made to the Regional Settings app).
    - If you want to use English QWERTY as well, just add an English QWERTY keyboard too.
  8.    #468  
    I did not, that did the trick! THanks! Isagar2004. I followed these instructions from the front page, which do not mention picking AZERTY in the regional settings.
    As you quoted yourself, under the "command line and IPK continuation" section this is the first paragraph:
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY keyboard, open Regional settings and add a keyboard with the layout and the language code you patched.
    webOS Scrollbars

So, how does the QWERTY Thumb patch work for you? Any suggestions about improvements or missing characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I've updated the first post with two new "Thumb" layouts created by gerzhwin. Try them and enjoy.
    Iíve added some new pictures which show all the available characters in my thumb layouts:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    I installed the arrowscorn key patch 1.0.5 using preware and was enjoying the new keyboard until the keyboard got stuck in landscape mode in the browser app. I had to close the browser and reopen it to get keyboard working again. Is this a known issue?
    one of the superb things about the keyboard on the Pre3 is the @ (ampersat) does NOT require a second key but is just to the left of the space bar ...I see in this keyboard it must be uppercase-2 and also on the arrows keyboard I have installed on my touchpad 3.0.5 ...(qyarrowsrighthe.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk) ...I wonder if it could be added to the key riser on the right (hold "." or hold "|" dialog) to the right side or even added to the left of the "a" key where there is a small empty space (even were it to require you to subtract some of the "enter" key to accomodate that ...is it something that can be done?
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/29/2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: fixx
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivrag View Post
    I installed the arrowscorn key patch 1.0.5 using preware and was enjoying the new keyboard until the keyboard got stuck in landscape mode in the browser app. I had to close the browser and reopen it to get keyboard working again. Is this a known issue?
    It has nothing to do with the patch. If you can reproduce it, then it's a virtual keyboard bug and you should inform HP about it.

Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    one of the superb things about the keyboard on the Pre3 is the @ (ampersat) does NOT require a second key but is just to the left of the space bar ...I see in this keyboard it must be uppercase-2 and also on the arrows keyboard I have installed on my touchpad 3.0.5 ...(qyarrowsrighthe.maverickz_1.3.5.ipk) ...I wonder if it could be added to the key riser on the right (hold "." or hold "|" dialog) to the right side or even added to the left of the "a" key where there is a small empty space (even were it to require you to subtract some of the "enter" key to accomodate that ...is it something that can be done?
    Yes, it can be done, but if you want something to be changed in one of Maverickz layouts, why not ask him to do it?
    You can also do it all by yourself using the information provided in the wiki page.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    Yes it can be added just about anywhere. However it already exists on the 2 key BOTH as a shift key AND as a long hold.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

i try doing again and again for Thai keypatch, still it is fails to success, it is still in all square shape. I try to send file using WOQI and it still not show correct Thai charactor. Also try IPK using WOQI method. All thai fonts in browser, email calendar shows nicely. What i doubt is that why only my keyboard did not show correct one but "square shape", should it be my fonts is not correct or not install correctly. I also try to wipe my device and start from very beginning and it is also fails. So anybody knows the way to correct it, should it be any specific fonts name that use to display my AZERTY keyboard? Can i just put my Thai fonts instead of its name so that it can display the correct one? FYI i'm using Touchpad WIFI 64GB with android dual boot CM9 alpha0.5, is that effected my fonts?

Pls help appreciated your assist
    Hi all, i'm trying to downlaod teh IPK from media fire but keep on getting the message that file note found. Any ideas? thanks in advance Jonathan
    I currently have the pre-3.0.5 compatible patch installed and still using webOS 3.0.4. What should I do before updating to webOS 3.0.5? Is there a way to remove the existing patch, update to 3.0.5, and then reapply the patch with the latest?

I should mention that I ran the Emergency Patch Removal tool and it didn't seem to remove the arrows from my keyboard despite having installed it via the .ipk method. It's not listed as an Installed Package in Preware either.
    Last edited by onlinespending; 02/01/2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ybendov View Post
    Hi all, i'm trying to downlaod teh IPK from media fire but keep on getting the message that file note found. Any ideas? thanks in advance Jonathan
    Which IPK exactly?
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ybendov View Post
    Where are you getting that message from? Are you trying to use your TP to download the file? I noticed that it doesn't like IPK from certain sources.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I currently have the pre-3.0.5 compatible patch installed and still using webOS 3.0.4. What should I do before updating to webOS 3.0.5? Is there a way to remove the existing patch, update to 3.0.5, and then reapply the patch with the latest?

I should mention that I ran the Emergency Patch Removal tool and it didn't seem to remove the arrows from my keyboard despite having installed it via the .ipk method. It's not listed as an Installed Package in Preware either.
    So looks like I installed "originalarrowsall.maverickz_1.0.0.ipk". And I can't seem to uninstall it via Preware. Ran Emergency Patch Recovery and that didn't remove the arrows either. What gives? Is there manual way to remove this patch?

UPDATE: Looks like it was listed under "Installed Packages" -> "Unknown". I just removed that package and all is well now.
    Last edited by onlinespending; 02/02/2012 at 01:14 PM.