Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #441  
    Ok I have completed testing all the way to 0089 and there are no new keys added. Considering the highest currently used code is 0023 I doubt HP would have put the new code higher than 0089. I am sure we can add this functionality as well as better labels for the Home/End/PG Up/PG Dn keys once we get the full source code.
    I'm pretty sure (didn't look at the 3.0.5's LunaSysMgr code yet, but will soon) that the cut/copy/paste commands are not "keys". They are just a combination of two keys, and as long as we don't find the Ctrl key code (if defined at all), there won't be any copy/paste shortcut for the virtual keyboard.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I'm pretty sure (didn't look at the 3.0.5's LunaSysMgr code yet, but will soon) that the cut/copy/paste commands are not "keys". They are just a combination of two keys, and as long as we don't find the Ctrl key code (if defined at all), there won't be any copy/paste shortcut for the virtual keyboard.
    Right. I loaded up all of those codes, put some text on the clipboard then tried everyone of those keys + V (which should paste if the test key was CTRL). None of them worked. Also none of those keys had the default icon [] like the home/end keys do. This leads me to believe that there is no code for CTRL.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Just made some improvements by adding more key sets to the thumb layout, now also with tab and emoticons keys. Furthermore I focused on only patching the AZERTY key sets (before I used QWERTY ones), so you can easily extract this layout and use/modify it. Only the three punctuation key sets in the lower right are QWERTZ ones—which could easily replaced by some from QWERTY

And for newcomers: Please also find my VKB plan as an XLS file (in ZIP with JSON file). If I don’t think to enciphered (?), it could come of use for others %}
    have you any interest in perhaps creating a qwerty USA version with English language labels and replacement of the German symbols (special characters) with others for appropriate use ...I would appreciate having that for sure !!
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    have you any interest in perhaps creating a qwerty USA version with English language labels and replacement of the German symbols (special characters) with others for appropriate use ...I would appreciate having that for sure !!
    I have been considering making a US Qwerty thumb kb but setting it up to load into one of the non-qwerty slots. If I get the time I might try one tomorrow.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    Yes I definitely have. Find a collection of characters that might interest you in the attached ZIP. But this means a lot of testing, as there are VKB restrictions, e. g. regarding bit sizes of characters and which one have to be main ones (when on ABC page) and secondary ones (on +~[] page).

The All Defined Chars should work without problems. I’ve already experimented with Miscellaneous Symbols and Dingbats—some of them won’t work, but I’ll give it another try.

If you find some long missed chars to be added in the VKB layout, please state the correct ASCII number and the description. This link might help: Liste der Unicode-Blöcke (switch to English version, but Wikipedia is backed out today).

[EDIT] I’m now awaiting isgar’s help for changing the patching script and creating an IPK. Updates on this coming ASAP … [/EDIT]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/18/2012 at 09:10 AM.
    @isgar Could you please be of my assistance again?!

My already posted Thumb QWERTZ (based on AZERTY and combined in one patch with QWERTY and QWERTZ: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283610 and http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283975) works, so I want to layout a Thumb QWERTY and QWERTZ with as many chars it can hold, but with focus on the originally supplied key SETs, so people can easily switch between normal and thumb version.

I am aware of the regional issue and of the importance of setting chars as MAIN or SEC. I tried a lot of combinations, even with REGIONPATCH set to 0 or 1, but when I activate caps lock, rows 0 and 4–7 are not are not in SEC state and the state of row 1 changes to the SECs displaying the cyphers instead of the capital letters.

If I’ll provide the JSON as is (see attachement) could you make an IPK with the needed changes to LunaSys, or at least hint me for creating this IPK/making these changes by myself?

[EDIT] Just discovered that the same issue happens with my Thumb QWERTZ. Is it because a) nothing else than cyphers are allowed as MAINs in ROW 0, or b) because cyphers are not allowed as SECs? [/EDIT]
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/18/2012 at 06:29 AM.
  7.    #447  
    @isgar Could you please be of my assistance again?!

My already posted Thumb QWERTZ (based on AZERTY and combined in one patch with QWERTY and QWERTZ: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283610 and http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3283975) works, so I want to layout a Thumb QWERTY and QWERTZ with as many chars it can hold, but with focus on the originally supplied key SETs, so people can easily switch between normal and thumb version.

I am aware of the regional issue and of the importance of setting chars as MAIN or SEC. I tried a lot of combinations, even with REGIONPATCH set to 0 or 1, but when I activate caps lock, rows 0 and 4–7 are not are not in SEC state and the state of row 1 changes to the SECs displaying the cyphers instead of the capital letters.

If I’ll provide the JSON as is (see attachement) could you make an IPK with the needed changes to LunaSys, or at least hint me for creating this IPK/making these changes by myself?

[EDIT] Just discovered that the same issue happens with my Thumb QWERTZ. Is it because a) nothing else than cyphers are allowed as MAINs in ROW 0, or b) because cyphers are not allowed as SECs? [/EDIT]
    Ok, lets make some things clear: without the regional characters patch, only the characters between 65 to 91 (ASCII) can be capitalized when CapsLock is on. Also, without the regional characters patch, only those characters can have secondary keys. Out of this range, the defined SEC keys can be used when pressing the Shift button once. Now, with regional characters patching, every character above 65 is considered regional and therefore can have secondary keys and is capitalized when CapsLock is on (as long as Qt supports capitalization for that character).
    Numbers are allowed to be secondary keys (take a look at my Vietnamese layout) as well as other characters are allowed to be main characters in row #0 (that's exactly what I did with the Vietnamese layout).
    About the IPK, I would be happy to help as soon as you finish working on the JSON.
    webOS Scrollbars

Okay, layouts are ready.

If you’d please help me with
    a) changing the patching script, so I can get rid of the caps lock error (I could use that for my own 3-layouts-JSON as well)?
    b) how to start creating an IPK?
  9.    #449  
    Okay, layouts are ready.

a) changing the patching script, so I can get rid of the caps lock error (I could use that for my own 3-layouts-JSON as well)?
    a) I would love to, if I knew what you're talking about.
    b) it's a long story. Let me help you with that in PM, right after you will explain what exactly is the "Caps Lock error", OK?
    webOS Scrollbars

a) I would love to, if I knew what you're talking about.
    b) it's a long story. Let me help you with that in PM, right after you will explain what exactly is the "Caps Lock error", OK?
    PM is on the way in a few minutes …
    You guys are all awesome, love the homebrew development. Can't wait for webOS to be Open Source.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #452  
    I've updated the first post with two new "Thumb" layouts created by gerzhwin. Try them and enjoy.
    webOS Scrollbars

About the CTRL key code: I looked up here ASCII CODES and here Steuerung (Taste) (you have switch to English, because wikipedia/en is backed out today).

Wikipedia:
    CTRL+INSERT is also for copying and SHIFT+INSERT for pasting.
    Heres the Google translation of an interesting parapgraph in the Wiki article:
    Press the Ctrl key in combination with another key on PCs leads to the fact that the ASCII equivalent of the second key with 1Fhex (00011111bin) is bitwise ANDed. This means that the sixth through eighth bit ASCII encoding of the corresponding key will be cut off and as the return value is a number comes out, the odier one of the first 32 ASCII-C, that is, a specific control function corresponds.

And on the ASCII CODES webpage I found this:
    146 92 222 10010010 Ctrl-Ins/0 (keypad)
    which could be the copy command.
    And here are codes for CTRL, SHIFT and INS:
    115 73 163 01110011 Ctrl-
    82 52 122 01010010 Ins

I don’t know the files concerning the keyboard commands and what input is needed, but maybe this information could help …
    isagar2004 just updated the OP with IPKs of my thumb layouts for QWERTY and QWERTZ. I hope they come in useful! And please consider a donation (in the OP). A community is on give-and-take basis

--

As a graphic designer I’m doing my best in using typography the right way. So I focused on providing as many special characters as useful (possible).

I also added the small middot (·), the real minus (−) (no, it’s not the hyphen and not the en dash , the single French quotation marks (‹›) (the double ones have already been provided), the vertical line (|) and the language specific dashes: em dash (—) for QWERTY (English) and en dash (–) for QWERTZ (German).

Both layouts make use of some of the standard key sets from their non-thumbed counterparts. The patched AZERTY key SETs I had to use/patch, because some of the original ones have numbers in them, as they come from numbers row, now equal the original ones. So I hope everyone who’s already used to the standard layouts feels at home fast!

Feedback is welcome. Also to my bad English writing %}
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/18/2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: (effortless) spell checking
    Yes I definitely have. Find a collection of characters that might interest you in the attached ZIP. But this means a lot of testing, as there are VKB restrictions, e. g. regarding bit sizes of characters and which one have to be main ones (when on ABC page) and secondary ones (on +~[] page).

The All Defined Chars should work without problems. I’ve already experimented with Miscellaneous Symbols and Dingbats—some of them won’t work, but I’ll give it another try.

If you find some long missed chars to be added in the VKB layout, please state the correct ASCII number and the description. This link might help: Liste der Unicode-Blöcke (switch to English version, but Wikipedia is backed out today).

[EDIT] I’m now awaiting isgar’s help for changing the patching script and creating an IPK. Updates on this coming ASAP … [/EDIT]
    Now that isagar2004 solved the issue with caps lock and numbers as secondary keys … What can I do for you?
    I've updated the first post with two new "Thumb" layouts created by gerzhwin. Try them and enjoy.
    Here are the screen captures …
    Attached Images Attached Images
    geekpeter likes this.
    Okay, layouts are ready.

Uh-oh! Just discoverd that I forgot to change the secondary brackets in row 0 in the QWERTY thumb. Here’s the JSON …

[EDIT]isagar, Tanks for updating the IPKs[/EDIT]
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 01/19/2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Just to clarify: No QWERTY or QWERTZ key sets are patched, I just replicated them while editing AZERTY key sets, so the original QWERTY and QWERTZ layouts are not affected. Sorry for my misleading spelling.
    Just to clarify: No QWERTY or QWERTZ key sets are patched, I just replicated them while editing AZERTY key sets, so the original QWERTY and QWERTZ layouts are not affected. Sorry for my misleading spelling.
    I'm gonna have to play with this this weekend...

eh, maybe I will do it on lunch today, easy to dl ipk and install.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    the QWERTY thumb ipk, is coming up as a zip