Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    If we are asking for mods, any chance of a UK style (£ instead of $) keyboard with both arrows on the right?

Alan
    thank you guys very much for the update of 3.0.5, I install it using Preware by.IPK method and now I have both arrow keys beside the neumeric keys and working great,thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    As I said several times before, only one patch can exist at a time. Every installation of a new patch overwrites the installed. However, it is possible to merge up to 3 different layout into one patch. Please read through posts #309 to #314.
    BTW, the thumb IPK (like every other IPK) installs arrow keys to all three layouts.
    I have installed the thumb ipk, but it does not have arrows on the qwerty layout. The arrows appear on the azerty and qwertz layouts just not the qwerty layout. Any ideas?
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Is there any chance you could re-do the arrowscorn-nonshifted.keypatch as specified in post number 335. I find it very useful to have non shifted arrows, as "shift and right/left arrow" highlights text well for editing.
    Many thanks
    Sorry, but I don't have much time to work on it right now. Try the non-shifted version in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    Donation made! Thanks so much ISAGAR!
    Thanks for the support. I'm getting my TouchPad tomorrow, so I'll check it myself and edit post #374.

Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    If we are asking for mods, any chance of a UK style (£ instead of $) keyboard with both arrows on the right?

Alan
    Sorry, but no. I already explained why in the FAQ in the first post. However, you can always edit the layout yourself following the instructions in the wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by eag2412 View Post
    I have installed the thumb ipk, but it does not have arrows on the qwerty layout. The arrows appear on the azerty and qwertz layouts just not the qwerty layout. Any ideas?
    No idea. the layout looks fine and it works perfectly on the emulator. Will check tomorrow on the device when I'll get my TouchPad.

EDIT: found the problem. The new IPK should work.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/14/2012 at 01:31 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Hey folks,

thanks to isagar, compvir and Maverickz, I fiddled with the VKB. As I am German and also write in English sometimes, I sticked to QWERTY and QWERTZ. I also made a smaller thumb layout, which suits me better.

I’d love to get some feedback …!

Three cheers for our community—hurray!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    antijingoist likes this.
    New thumb IPK has arrows now. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    No idea. the layout looks fine and it works perfectly on the emulator. Will check tomorrow on the device when I'll get my TouchPad.

EDIT: found the problem. The new IPK should work.
    The non-IPK thumb patch has the same issue where the arrow keys are not also applied to the QWERTY keyboard. Could the fix be applied to the non-IPK set as well?

For some reason the IPK causes my touchpad to freeze. However, installing using the non-IPK through command-line works nice and smooth for me.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by StOrmCatz; 01/14/2012 at 10:07 PM.
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by StOrmCatz View Post
    The non-IPK thumb patch has the same issue where the arrow keys are not also applied to the QWERTY keyboard. Could the fix be applied to the non-IPK set as well?

For some reason the IPK causes my touchpad to freeze. However, installing using the non-IPK through command-line works nice and smooth for me.

Thanks in advance.
    The non-IPK packages are supposed to be used by users who wants to customize the keyboard layouts. That's why except the arrows and arrowscorn packages, every other command line package patches only one layout.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    2 questions?

is there a wiki page which details the format of the .json file? I can read and edit it, but I want to do it right.

is there a way to take the contents of the zip file and make a .ipk from it? I like the package idea better than the command line (although I have done both).

cheers

alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    2 questions?

is there a wiki page which details the format of the .json file? I can read and edit it, but I want to do it right.

is there a way to take the contents of the zip file and make a .ipk from it? I like the package idea better than the command line (although I have done both).

cheers

alan
    Here’s the wiki: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    That'll do nicely! Thanks.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Hey folks,

thanks to isagar, compvir and Maverickz, I fiddled with the VKB. As I am German and also write in English sometimes, I sticked to QWERTY and QWERTZ. I also made a smaller thumb layout, which suits me better.
    Just made some improvements by adding more key sets to the thumb layout, now also with tab and emoticons keys. Furthermore I focused on only patching the AZERTY key sets (before I used QWERTY ones), so you can easily extract this layout and use/modify it. Only the three punctuation key sets in the lower right are QWERTZ ones—which could easily replaced by some from QWERTY

And for newcomers: Please also find my VKB plan as an XLS file (in ZIP with JSON file). If I don’t think to enciphered (?), it could come of use for others %}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i'm new here but not new to webOS, I used pre3 and touchpad and I love its os. The problem with me raised when I updated my touchpad to 3.0.5 and used you guys thai keypatch, before it never be the problem using webOS 3.0.4, but now I installed it and found that it was in all square shape and not show correct thai character anybody knows any solution to solve this problems. Pls help me thanks all guru guys
    Quote Originally Posted by tanipat View Post
    i'm new here but not new to webOS, I used pre3 and touchpad and I love its os. The problem with me raised when I updated my touchpad to 3.0.5 and used you guys thai keypatch, before it never be the problem using webOS 3.0.4, but now I installed it and found that it was in all square shape and not show correct thai character anybody knows any solution to solve this problems. Pls help me thanks all guru guys
    Did you patch it via command line? Then I suggest you download the new patching script files.

I don’t know if updating made some changes to the fonts or if you had to manually install special thai fonts. If last is true, maybe the update changed that back, so you have to install them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Did you patch it via command line? Then I suggest you download the new patching script files.

I don’t know if updating made some changes to the fonts or if you had to manually install special thai fonts. If last is true, maybe the update changed that back, so you have to install them again.
    thanks for your answer, I have first use webOS doctor to install os update. Then install thai fonts normally I did previously with webos3.0.4, and thai language shows very nice in browser calendar email and message as it always be. And I after that do patch of thai keyboard by ipk method and also try command line method, but unfortunately the result is the same. If you could suggest which steps I done wrong and how can I solve it. Thanks so much
  16.    #436  
    thanks for your answer, I have first use webOS doctor to install os update. Then install thai fonts normally I did previously with webos3.0.4, and thai language shows very nice in browser calendar email and message as it always be. And I after that do patch of thai keyboard by ipk method and also try command line method, but unfortunately the result is the same. If you could suggest which steps I done wrong and how can I solve it. Thanks so much

If you see squares on your keyboard, it's a font problem. I suggest you install Thai fonts to use the keyboard (btw, I'm pretty sure that the ipk method installs the needed fonts. I'll check it tonight and let you know the result).
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by tanipat View Post
    I’ve not yet patched the VKB by IPK method, so I can’t give you advice on that.

After 3.0.5 I downloaded the new ZIP with 3.0.5 support which holds all the files needed to patch by command line (in the first post of this thread I chose the arrows.keypatch.zip) and used my own JSON layout file for patching.

I don’t know in detail what was changed with the OS update, but they did this: Auto-correction can be turned off directly from the onscreen keyboard. It now is clear that they dind’t apply this feature as expected (you can toogle this option in the Text Assist app), but maybe that changed something which interferes with character support for the virtual keyboard.

Maybe you’ll find some clue regarding your issue in this post: Official: 3.0.5 Bug & Issue Tracking
  18.    #438  
    OK, I just tested it and it looks fine. Can't tell why it's not working for you, because the IPK installs all the needed fonts.
    webOS Scrollbars

Anyone figured out the commands for copy and paste yet? Figure now that it's coded for BT keyboard, it should be there somewhere (in the same manor the error commands were there).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Anyone figured out the commands for copy and paste yet? Figure now that it's coded for BT keyboard, it should be there somewhere (in the same manor the error commands were there).
    Ok I have completed testing all the way to 0089 and there are no new keys added. Considering the highest currently used code is 0023 I doubt HP would have put the new code higher than 0089. I am sure we can add this functionality as well as better labels for the Home/End/PG Up/PG Dn keys once we get the full source code.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.