Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Hoping these get updated for 3.0.5 soon, I need mah arrows!
    I've already updated the command line packages. The IPKs have been taken down until I'll update them (hopefully tonight, if I won't be too tired).
    I personally recommended to wait for the IPKs, but you can always install the command line package and then install the IPK over it, so if needing arrow keys back is urgent for you, install them using the command line method (arrows or arrowscorn, whatever you have been using until now) and then install the IPK when it's out.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I've already updated the command line packages. The IPKs have been taken down until I'll update them (hopefully tonight, if I won't be too tired).
    I personally recommended to wait for the IPKs, but you can always install the command line package and then install the IPK over it, so if needing arrow keys back is urgent for you, install them using the command line method (arrows or arrowscorn, whatever you have been using until now) and then install the IPK when it's out.
    Awesome! Thanks!

I will wait for the IPK, I am lazy...

Can't install the update until I get home to remove the KB patch anyways.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Awesome! Thanks!

I will wait for the IPK, I am lazy...

Can't install the update until I get home to remove the KB patch anyways.
    If you've used one of the two methods in this thread, it's absolutely safe to update without removing the patch (what's not safe is to try to remove the patch after the update using the command line method's revert command. The result would be a flashing HP logo...).
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/12/2012 at 04:14 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  4.    #404  
    OK, guys, good news: IPKs available!
    Version 1.0.5 brings support for webOS 3.0.5 (both device and emulator) and fixes some bugs in the system version recognition mechanism. Go download it, install and enjoy, and don't forget to hit the "Donate" button
    webOS Scrollbars

Awesome, I'll give it a shot. Wasn't sure if it was OTA safe or not, at work so I didn't want to risk it.

Thanks again!

Also thought it may not be safe since the changelog said VKB toggle, but apparently that doesn't actually exist.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    OK, guys, good news: IPKs available!
    Version 1.0.5 brings support for webOS 3.0.5 (both device and emulator) and fixes some bugs in the system version recognition mechanism. Go download it, install and enjoy, and don't forget to hit the "Donate" button
    isagar2004 - BIG THANKS for very quick update! Virtual keyboards was the biggest users concerns after this 3.0.5 release. And you get them working almost as quick as 3.0.5 update itself
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Thanks, gonna apply it after updating to 305. Very convenient.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm wondering, has anyone tried installing two of these patches at the same time?

I would like to have both the QWERTY key with arrow keys and the thumb keyboard patch installed. Is that possible?
  9.    #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by StOrmCatz View Post
    I'm wondering, has anyone tried installing two of these patches at the same time?

I would like to have both the QWERTY key with arrow keys and the thumb keyboard patch installed. Is that possible?
    As I said several times before, only one patch can exist at a time. Every installation of a new patch overwrites the installed. However, it is possible to merge up to 3 different layout into one patch. Please read through posts #309 to #314.
    BTW, the thumb IPK (like every other IPK) installs arrow keys to all three layouts.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/13/2012 at 01:05 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    isagar2004 - BIG THANKS for very quick update! Virtual keyboards was the biggest users concerns after this 3.0.5 release. And you get them working almost as quick as 3.0.5 update itself
    True. I don't use many patches in my TP compared to my Pre2 and the VK was my only big worry.
    I thought I'd have to wait at least a week or two.
    You got to love the webOS community.
    Thanks isagar2004.
    Have a problem downloading .IPK files to Touchpad directly -

Just tried to download the arrows.corn IPK file directly to my touchpad.
    Tapped on the .IPK got the download screen.
    Tapped download, it finished but did'nt seem to do anything. When it stopped no file was downloaded ? (Looked using InternalZ)
    On the second attempt to download (same IPK file) the browser opened the actual .IPK file on the screen as text ?

Tried downloading a zip file just to check the download process, this worked fine.

Tried another .IPK fie and had exactly the same problem. (second attempt to download opened the file as text ?)

I have now installed the .IPK file via a PC and it all works fine. Any idea why a download of an .IPK file is opened like a text file in the browser, rather than being downloaded ?

I checked my file association in System info and .IPK files are listed Preware ?
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Have a problem downloading .IPK files to Touchpad directly -

Just tried to download the arrows.corn IPK file directly to my touchpad.
    Tapped on the .IPK got the download screen.
    Tapped download, it finished but did'nt seem to do anything. When it stopped no file was downloaded ? (Looked using InternalZ)
    On the second attempt to download (same IPK file) the browser opened the actual .IPK file on the screen as text ?

Tried downloading a zip file just to check the download process, this worked fine.

Tried another .IPK fie and had exactly the same problem. (second attempt to download opened the file as text ?)

I have now installed the .IPK file via a PC and it all works fine. Any idea why a download of an .IPK file is opened like a text file in the browser, rather than being downloaded ?

I checked my file association in System info and .IPK files are listed Preware ?
    Check post #374.
    webOS Scrollbars

Many thanks
    Thank you for update Ver. 3.0.5
    Thank You for the prompt 3.0.5 version. I don't know why this is not part of the OS or at least Preware but this is the most important patch I have.
    Check post #374.
    I've followed the steps shown in that post but same thing happens. Even with proper file associations, the IPK file opens as txt file and cannot be installed directly from TP. Annoying but not a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I've followed the steps shown in that post but same thing happens. Even with proper file associations, the IPK file opens as txt file and cannot be installed directly from TP. Annoying but not a deal breaker.
    What are you using to open the IPK?
    Check post #374.
    Ok, so I had the same hiccups installing the newest 1.0.5 patch for 3.0.5, but thought I'd post to tell my experience. Seems there is some detail lacking due to author having only an emulator.

What the author posted in #374 is sort of true, that's what I would have guessed to do, but it somewhere between that and an above post of trying to download from the browser.

First off, Preware doesn't have access to the click-and-hold funtion in the Install Package address field, you have to go to the Pulldown menu in Install Package, then Edit, then Paste. (i'm not a programmer, so I have no idea why we can't 'hold' to paste here).

Additionally, if you 'click and hold' the IPK link. to get the 'Copy URL' option, from this thread, you will copy an address that will NOT work. The install with Preware will immediately fail on Step 1 basically, with the screen that shows you it fails.

So, you have to 'regular tap' the IPK link so that it opens a new browser window. Don't download with the pop-up window in the new browser page. It will fail. Instead, copy the new and different web address in this new browser window. THIS is the link you need to paste into Preware.
    Remember to wait up to 10 mins! Spinny Circle will mesmerize you, while you wait.

I hope this helps. Maybe author can include this for a retweak of install details for post#1? or mod post #374?

I think I'm off to donate to the author, this is easily the best patch for the TP. It was the biggest thing missing for a daily user.
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    Ok, so I had the same hiccups installing the newest 1.0.5 patch for 3.0.5, but thought I'd post to tell my experience. Seems there is some detail lacking due to author having only an emulator.

What the author posted in #374 is sort of true, that's what I would have guessed to do, but it somewhere between that and an above post of trying to download from the browser.

First off, Preware doesn't have access to the click-and-hold funtion in the Install Package address field, you have to go to the Pulldown menu in Install Package, then Edit, then Paste. (i'm not a programmer, so I have no idea why we can't 'hold' to paste here).

Additionally, if you 'click and hold' the IPK link. to get the 'Copy URL' option, from this thread, you will copy an address that will NOT work. The install with Preware will immediately fail on Step 1 basically, with the screen that shows you it fails.

So, you have to 'regular tap' the IPK link so that it opens a new browser window. Don't download with the pop-up window in the new browser page. It will fail. Instead, copy the new and different web address in this new browser window. THIS is the link you need to paste into Preware.
    Remember to wait up to 10 mins! Spinny Circle will mesmerize you, while you wait.

I hope this helps. Maybe author can include this for a retweak of install details for post#1? or mod post #374?

I think I'm off to donate to the author, this is easily the best patch for the TP. It was the biggest thing missing for a daily user.
    Donation made! Thanks so much ISAGAR!
    Is there any chance you could re-do the arrowscorn-nonshifted.keypatch as specified in post number 335. I find it very useful to have non shifted arrows, as "shift and right/left arrow" highlights text well for editing.
    Many thanks