Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by db0511 View Post
    Any luck with the Polish keyboard?
    No, sorry. I didn't have time to work on it.
    But there's someone who's working on a Polish layout right now, and I hope his work would be finished soon so we could publish it here.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    I could make a Polish kb layout.

Which one?
    1) http://www.uni-regensburg.de/EDV/Mis...ds/east09l.jpg
    2) http://www.uni-regensburg.de/EDV/Mis...ds/east10l.jpg

Best would be to send me a photo or a more reliable weblink Ö
    Polish 101 looks good
    Has anyone discovered errors when trying to (re)install a pre-installed keyboard once HP pushes the 3.0.4 update to your TP?

I tried to install using WOSQI but it failed. Then I tried UNinstalling using WOSQI. Another error. Those errors either say
    "An error occurred while attempting to install arrows.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk"
    or
    "An error occurred while attempting to uninstall com.ioid.keypatch"
    Then it states
    "Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.4 device version found
    Checking backup file...
    webOS 3.0.4 is not supported. Aborting..."

Any recommendations on next steps?

EDIT: I had same problem with patches, had to use Emergency Patch Recovery to uninstall patches so I could then reinstall in 3.0.4 -- is there the same kind of thing for packages?
    Last edited by Laithis; 01/07/2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add info
  5.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laithis View Post
    Has anyone discovered errors when trying to (re)install a pre-installed keyboard once HP pushes the 3.0.4 update to your TP?

I tried to install using WOSQI but it failed. Then I tried UNinstalling using WOSQI. Another error. Those errors either say
    "An error occurred while attempting to install arrows.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk"
    or
    "An error occurred while attempting to uninstall com.ioid.keypatch"
    Then it states
    "Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.4 device version found
    Checking backup file...
    webOS 3.0.4 is not supported. Aborting..."

Any recommendations on next steps?

EDIT: I had same problem with patches, had to use Emergency Patch Recovery to uninstall patches so I could then reinstall in 3.0.4 -- is there the same kind of thing for packages?
    It's a script bug that I will fix when 3.0.5 is out.
    Meanwhile, follow the instructions in this post.
    webOS Scrollbars

It worked! Thanks!
    One last question, before I start: Which kb layout shall I patch to Polish? I would recommend the AZERTY Ö tak?
    sounds good
  9.    #390  
    I've just updated the first post with two Polish keyboard layouts created by Pelcu. Try them and leave your feedback.
    webOS Scrollbars

Great work.. I will try it out asap
    And Iíll wait for the comments before I start with a Polish layout Ö
    The polishalt layout works nice for me. I'll try it out for a while and switch to the other one to see the difference.
    Hi!

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work, the Swedish keyboard patch made my life a great deal easier is it at all possible to combine that patch with eg. a thumb keyboard layout, or, even better, with arrow keys? or would that require a whole new patch?
  14.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by protiki View Post
    Hi!

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work, the Swedish keyboard patch made my life a great deal easier is it at all possible to combine that patch with eg. a thumb keyboard layout, or, even better, with arrow keys? or would that require a whole new patch?
    The Swedish layout already has arrow keys. Almost all layouts has.
    And yes, it is possible to merge up to 3 different layouts into one patch. Please read through posts #309 to #314 to get the information on how to do it.
    webOS Scrollbars

can you help me with the thai keyboard! after I installed the keyboard using the ipk method, I realized that the vowels disappeard. It worked before though (witht the keyboard with no arrows)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    The Swedish layout already has arrow keys. Almost all layouts has.
    And yes, it is possible to merge up to 3 different layouts into one patch. Please read through posts #309 to #314 to get the information on how to do it.
    You're of course absolutely right, I'm just a clod who didn't notice them! Thanks again
    I need turkish keyboards. Is it very difficult to do it on my own? What files should I modify? Or is it a too long a shot for one who knows almost nothing about this. Thanks,
    Itís quite easy to actually do that, but I would recommend to make a plan, as there is no graphical interface. I used Excel and first re-typed the structure of the existing kb layout (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY) I wanted to use.

Itís a similar TXT document (in this case with JSON extension).
    There are seven rows: numbers row, rows 1 to 3, and three different variations for the bottom rom (standard, e-mail-input, web address input). Also a few sets, where the optional characters can be defined (activated by hold-tap on the supported keys) and a secondary character (when you change the view to special characters with the lower left key).

This documentation is really elaborated: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    Hoping these get updated for 3.0.5 soon, I need mah arrows!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...