Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Why do you want it to patch the QWERTY layout? It patches the AZERTY layout because most users don't need it and it let you switch between the regular QWERTY and the Thumb.
    ah OK, just wanted to make sure. thanks for your work! i'll try this out tonight.
    Loving the thumb keyboard, thanks!

I am, however, missing the tab button....I use it often when I'm filling out forms (i.e. credit card information).

Is it possible to add the tab button back in somewhere? Perhaps next to the arrows?

This guy took a screenshot of the thumb keyboard (now it has arrow keys too, of course).
    I uploaded the packages to mediafire because I have my account there (it's the fastest server I know) and I just want to control all the things that I upload to the web in one place.
    Check this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ft-device.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ditto error. Installed using WOSQI which ran for 5 mins, with no messages. Noticed TP did not restart, but as frozen. Did a hard restart, checked Preware and Patch shows "Arrows Keyboad Layout" installed at version 1.0.2. Checked your earlier response to "cp error" link. Do I jut go ahead and uninstall it? (Preware Remove or WOSQI?) WebOS 3.0.4 (24.7Gb available).
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by JQSkate View Post
    Loving the thumb keyboard, thanks!

I am, however, missing the tab button....I use it often when I'm filling out forms (i.e. credit card information).

Is it possible to add the tab button back in somewhere? Perhaps next to the arrows?
    It is possible. I just have to think where exactly (next to the arrows is not a really good idea, because it's not very easy to get there with the thumbs (I assume so. I never had a tablet and I don't own a TouchPad, but this is the way I see it. Tell me that I'm wrong and I'll put it there)).

Quote Originally Posted by spillay1642 View Post
    Ditto error. Installed using WOSQI which ran for 5 mins, with no messages. Noticed TP did not restart, but as frozen. Did a hard restart, checked Preware and Patch shows "Arrows Keyboad Layout" installed at version 1.0.2. Checked your earlier response to "cp error" link. Do I jut go ahead and uninstall it? (Preware Remove or WOSQI?) WebOS 3.0.4 (24.7Gb available).
    I'm not sure I understand. Did you try the command line method and got this error? If yes, then follow the thread about this error. If not, uninstall and try the command line method (or the updated IPKs. I made some changes and they suppose to show an error message and abort the installation if there is an error).
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/30/2011 at 05:18 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    It is possible. I just have to think where exactly (next to the arrows is not a really good idea, because it's not very easy to get there with the thumbs (I assume so. I never had a tablet and I don't own a TouchPad, but this is the way I see it. Tell me that I'm wrong and I'll put it there)).

I'm not sure I understand. Did you try the command line method and got this error? If yes, then follow the thread about this error. If not, uninstall and try the command line method (or the updated IPKs. I made some changes and they suppose to show an error message and abort the installation if there is an error).
    Sorry my message was cryptic. I looked at @space4u2go issues in #348, #352 and your response in #355. Looks like I recreated his problem, where everything shows it ran fine but the keyboard layout did not change. I'm assuming that (1) the ipk download is from page 1 of this thread and (2) your changes updated after Nov 30 12:16 PST 'cos that's the version I tried to install. I'll uninstall and redo the install.
    Hmm, I'm not sure where an ideal position would be to be honest with you. I don't think it is THAT hard to reach for a tab button next to the left/right button, but I guess I don't really mind having to "reach" for it...I just want a tab button somewhere!!! And it does seem like with the arrows at the top, there's a lot of "gray" area that's being underutilized....
    Hi Guys,

Thank you for the great work. I patch the Vietnamese key patch through ipk and it almost worked. Some labels are missing, as shown in the attached screenshot. Please advise. Also, if I install the arrow-key-next-to-each-other patch to the normal English keyboard on top of this Vietnamese patch, then I lose the Vietnamese patch.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    worked...thanks!
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thank you for the great work. I patch the Vietnamese key patch through ipk and it almost worked. Some labels are missing, as shown in the attached screenshot. Please advise. Also, if I install the arrow-key-next-to-each-other patch to the normal English keyboard on top of this Vietnamese patch, then I lose the Vietnamese patch.

Thanks.
    I know. It's a font problem.
    The IPK installs the full Arial font the supports Vietnamese, but the webOS system (and therefore - the keyboard) uses the Dutom/Neis_nb/Prelude fonts which do not support Vietnamese. Just search the web for some Vietnamese font that you can install instead of the Neis_nb, for example.
    And yes, every package overwrites all the previous patches. If you want to create your own Vietnamese layout with the arrows on the right side, follow the instructions through posts 308-314.

Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    worked...thanks!
    You welcome
    webOS Scrollbars

Thank you for the info Isagar.

I've downloaded several Vietnamese fonts from http://www.tinhte.vn/f331/tieng-viet...-kindle-819453 and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1245088, renamed a couple of them (e.g Prelude bold and Time Romans bold) to HieS_nb.ttf and overwrite them to /usr/share/fonts directory and full device restart, but the labels are still missing.

Can someone help uploading a Vietnamese font for HieS_nb.ttf.

Thanks.

The IPK installs the full Arial font the supports Vietnamese, but the webOS system (and therefore - the keyboard) uses the Dutom/Neis_nb/Prelude fonts which do not support Vietnamese. Just search the web for some Vietnamese font that you can install instead of the Neis_nb, for example.
    And yes, every package overwrites all the previous patches. If you want to create your own Vietnamese layout with the arrows on the right side, follow the instructions through posts 308-314.

You welcome

You welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    Thank you for the info Isagar.

I've downloaded several Vietnamese fonts from TH and here [GUIDE] Unicode fonts on TouchPad for Vietnamese languages - xda-developers, renamed a couple of them (e.g Prelude bold and Time Romans bold) to HieS_nb.ttf and overwrite them to /usr/share/fonts directory and full device restart, but the labels are still missing.

Can someone help uploading a Vietnamese font for HieS_nb.ttf.

Thanks.
    I am facing the same issue in Arabic, also. It is quiet strange though. While debugging the LunaSysMgr, I saw few references to Prelude as the default font, however, the same behavior exists in webOS 3.0.2 ... The problem is that the all Arabic characters appears expect for the Numbers ... Once you press the numbers, you get the number written correctly in the TextBox, which means that the Key value is correct, but the rendering is going nuts ... Somehow.

I will be still giving it another shot. I will go through the code to see what was messed up compared to webOS 3.0.2!

By the way, can I have the characters that are missing in Thai. I can I can have it with the UTF-16 code, it would be awesome. At least, that would give me some new leads .
    Last edited by CvvB; 12/04/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    for some reason I can't download the ipk files! When I click download button in the mediafile site, all I get is a page of random characters. I don't see ipk file with internalz. Please help!
    .ipk file v 1.0.2 downloaded directly to TP is not then available under download for either Preware or Internalz, the file is actually opening instead of staying in its nice little .ipk Package....not too sure what's goin on with that but I guess I won't be so lazy and actually connect to my PC. Would have been pretty slick tho.

just like next_milenium said, the whole script is opened up...I'll keep my eyes opened for the fix unless someone wants to tell me I'm doin it wrong. Cuz I am too lazy to get my PC involved.
    Last edited by holley2583; 12/06/2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    for some reason I can't download the ipk files! When I click download button in the mediafile site, all I get is a page of random characters. I don't see ipk file with internalz. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    .ipk file v 1.0.2 downloaded directly to TP is not then available under download for either Preware or Internalz, the file is actually opening instead of staying in its nice little .ipk Package....not too sure what's goin on with that but I guess I won't be so lazy and actually connect to my PC. Would have been pretty slick tho.

just like next_milenium said, the whole script is opened up...I'll keep my eyes opened for the fix unless someone wants to tell me I'm doin it wrong. Cuz I am too lazy to get my PC involved.
    OK. I don't own a TouchPad, so I can't tell what's the problem, but on the emulator it's working perfectly. As I understand, Preware/Internalz are probably not listed as default programs for the .ipk extension and that's why the browser thinks it's an HTML page. To solve this problem, don't click on the download button. Tap and hold it until the context menu opens and select "Copy URL", then go to Preware, select "Install Package" from the menu, tap and hold in the text field, select "Paste" and click "Install".
    Let me know if you still have problems with downloading/installing any of the packages.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hello!

I see in this thread that when QWOSI is set up, do not set the password
    install the arabic keypad. Is this QWOSI setup on the PC?

What about the password when going into the DevMode on touchpad?

If password is set on PC for QWOSI, then how to remove the password from QWOSI?

Thanks.
    Help. I just bought my hp touchpad and I followed the procedure that is referred on page 1 in order to install the greek keyboard patch, using the ipk method. Everything went well and the greek keyboard was succesfully installed. After that I did a system update into webOS 3.0.4. My greek keyboard was lost, so I started doing the installation from the beggining, only now a message appears saying that webOS 3.0.4 is not compatible to greek patch. I tried using preware but with no success. What went wrong? Can somebody help me please ??/
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    Hello!

I see in this thread that when QWOSI is set up, do not set the password
    install the arabic keypad. Is this QWOSI setup on the PC?

What about the password when going into the DevMode on touchpad?

If password is set on PC for QWOSI, then how to remove the password from QWOSI?

Thanks.
    The best way to install is using Preware on the TouchPad.
    I couldn't understand your problem, so I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by nefelh View Post
    Help. I just bought my hp touchpad and I followed the procedure that is referred on page 1 in order to install the greek keyboard patch, using the ipk method. Everything went well and the greek keyboard was succesfully installed. After that I did a system update into webOS 3.0.4. My greek keyboard was lost, so I started doing the installation from the beggining, only now a message appears saying that webOS 3.0.4 is not compatible to greek patch. I tried using preware but with no success. What went wrong? Can somebody help me please ??/
    This is probably a script bug that shouldn't happen.
    I will try to fix it, but in the meantime try the following steps:
    1. Connect your TouchPad to your computer and hit "Cancel" in the USB Drive prompt.
    2. Run WOSQI and select "Linux commandline" from the "Tools" menu.
    3. Enter the following commands:
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    mount -o ro,remount /
    4. Close the command line window.
    5. Reinstall the keyboard patch using the IPK method.

EDIT: I've found the bug. Will update the packages when 3.0.5 is out.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/01/2012 at 04:26 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

thanks a lot! It worked
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    All thumb keyboard testers: I need your feedback!
    First of all, thanks so much for these patches! My biggest frustration in putting the cursor in a desired spot is finally solved!

I've been using the thumb keyboard, and here are my thoughts:
    - It is still difficult to reach the keys in the middle. If all the keys were the same size as the 'q' and 'p' characters in their respective mode, I think this would be solved. This way they would all be closer to the respective corner and be just right.
    - The space keys is just within reach for my thumbs (in portrait mode), and not in reach at all in landscape mode. It would be perfect if they were shifted over one. Maybe "happy face" key and "keyboard changing" key be moved up top where the arrow keys are? Or maybe both those keys moved in-between the two space keys?
    - The backspace key feels awkward and not in a natural position as I have to curl my hand outwards. I feel it would be best right beside the right arrow key, in which case I just have to move my thumb.
    - If the backspace key is moved, the Enter key would be ideal in its place.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.
    Last edited by StOrmCatz; 01/03/2012 at 01:41 AM.
    I'll take a look at the Polish keyboard tomorrow, when I'll have access to my computer.

I don't know. Dmitry (Compvir) is the maintainer of the script and he told me that he already send it to Rod Whitely. I think that there is no reason for declining the script, but I can't tell when it'll be available in Preware.
    Any luck with the Polish keyboard?