Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 616
Like Tree66Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @isagar2004 - Maverickz' layouts are a little different than yours on the symbol keyboard as well - all four arrows are there, along with home and end keys. you've decided to go with the shift-able arrow keys, which I actually hate, but other users may much prefer. so surely there can be room for multiple layouts.

    Agreed though that it is confusing to have two long threads about essentially the same thing, now with competing keyboard layouts and cross-posts going back and forth. I have contributed to the cross-posting myself by steering people here who were asking for an .ipk of the layout I tweaked slightly and posted over there (thanks for creating those .ipk's).

    I'm actually working on a fairly significant re-layout of the whole keyboard, and don't even know where to post it when I'm done... here? maverickz's thread? make my own new thread (really, 3 keyboard layout patch threads)? should we ask the mods to merge the two threads, or would that make things even worse? (probably a bad idea)

    I think as long as there are two threads dealing with keyboard patches, which is unavoidable at this point, each thread ought to link to the other in the first post to make sure users know there are multiple choices. No need for this to start feeling like a turf war.
    It's OK. I'm not mad or something, just wanted to understand why do something that confuses the users. I'm NOT going to start any war here.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/22/2011 at 01:20 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  2. #342  
    Personally I think merging the threads would create more problems than it helped. I think the best solution would be for the mods to create a master thread, lock it and sticky it. The master thread would have links to both threads and future threads by other developers. This preserves the integrity of each thread and the work we have done in them.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

    I also take custom kb layout requests.

  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Personally I think merging the threads would create more problems than it helped. I think the best solution would be for the mods to create a master thread, lock it and sticky it. The master thread would have links to both threads and future threads by other developers. This preserves the integrity of each thread and the work we have done in them.
    Agreed.
    There is not much to develop here, just editing the generated layout template, so I don't think that opening a new thread for every new layout would be a good idea (that's why I asked why did you create a new thread for the "arrowed" layout).
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    JuanitaM likes this.
  4. #344  
    Hi!
    Can you develop a Tamil Keyboard patch for Azerty layout, please?
    Here's how it looks like: Tamil Comprehensive Unicode Test Page
  5. #345  
    Thank you Isagar for quick modifications for up and down arrows! Good job.
  6.    #346  
    I've updated the packages in the first post and now you can download them directly to your device and install them using Preware/Internalz.
    Read carefully the update notice and the updated instructions in the first post.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/27/2011 at 04:52 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  7. #347  
    I tried installing both using preware as well as webosquickinstall:
    arrows.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk
    arrowscorn.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk

    NO change in original keyboard, i did numerous device restart but nothing seems to work. The current version is HP webOS 3.0.4

    Any help will be appreciated...
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by space4u2go View Post
    I tried installing both using preware as well as webosquickinstall:
    arrows.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk
    arrowscorn.keypatch_1.0.2_all.ipk

    NO change in original keyboard, i did numerous device restart but nothing seems to work. The current version is HP webOS 3.0.4

    Any help will be appreciated...
    Interesting. Does the package appear in the "Installed Packages">"Patch" section in Preware?
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  9. #349  
    under Preware I see following:

    Danish Keyboard layout v1.0.2
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by space4u2go View Post
    under Preware I see following:

    Danish Keyboard layout v1.0.2
    Danish??? I thought you said that you were trying to install the arrows/arrowscorn package.
    Anyway, try to uninstall the Danish package using WOSQI (Tools > Device Management > Select the Danish package > Uninstall) and then install the arrows/arrowscorn package again.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/27/2011 at 10:59 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  11. #351  
    tried it exactly the way mentioned above and now i see arrows keyboard installed but the actual keyboard does not have arrow keys.

    I did full device restart as well... but no luck
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by space4u2go View Post
    tried it exactly the way mentioned above and now i see arrows keyboard installed but the actual keyboard does not have arrow keys.

    I did full device restart as well... but no luck
    Please try the command line method and paste here the script output.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  13. #353  
    This is what I get:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch# sh patch.sh patch arrowscorn.json
    sh patch.sh patch arrowscorn.json
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac
    Garzon aka isagar2004
    Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.4 device version found
    Checking backup file...
    Backup version not detected
    Main file will be used
    Reading data from file /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Storing data into 304.data
    Reading template arrowscorn.json and redefining variables
    Copying source file to temp location
    Applying patch to tempfile
    Patched file 304.patched generated
    Installation started
    Remounting / as rw
    Backuping original file into /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    ERROR. Cannot backup file /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr to /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    Remounting / back as ro
    Removing temp file 304.patched
    Ok.
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Device has 9GB free space
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by space4u2go View Post
    This is what I get:

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch# sh patch.sh patch arrowscorn.json
    sh patch.sh patch arrowscorn.json
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac
    Garzon aka isagar2004
    Checking main file...
    Main file 3.0.4 device version found
    Checking backup file...
    Backup version not detected
    Main file will be used
    Reading data from file /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Storing data into 304.data
    Reading template arrowscorn.json and redefining variables
    Copying source file to temp location
    Applying patch to tempfile
    Patched file 304.patched generated
    Installation started
    Remounting / as rw
    Backuping original file into /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    ERROR. Cannot backup file /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr to /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    Remounting / back as ro
    Removing temp file 304.patched
    Ok.
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal/downloads/Keypatch#

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Device has 9GB free space
    Check this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ft-device.html

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  15. #355  
    is there a QWERTY keyboard thumb keyboard patch? i only saw thumb.keypatch.zip, which patches the AZERTY layout. or does this patch the AZERTY layout into a QWERTY layout?
  16. #356  
    [QUOTE Danish keyboard layout (Regular QWERTY with [/QUOTE]

    Its awesome - the absolut best tweak I have done to my Touchpad... a million thanks.

    By the way - the IPK file is gone missing in MediaFire.. just wanted to let you know...
    Motorolla -> HTC -> Nokia -> HP Veer -> HP Pre3 -> = :-)
  17. #357  
    Are the IPK files mirrored anywhere? As lars1641 mentioned, they aren't available now.
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by dealmaster00 View Post
    is there a QWERTY keyboard thumb keyboard patch? i only saw thumb.keypatch.zip, which patches the AZERTY layout. or does this patch the AZERTY layout into a QWERTY layout?
    Why do you want it to patch the QWERTY layout? It patches the AZERTY layout because most users don't need it and it let you switch between the regular QWERTY and the Thumb.

    Quote Originally Posted by lars1641 View Post
    Danish keyboard layout (Regular QWERTY with
    Its awesome - the absolut best tweak I have done to my Touchpad... a million thanks.

    By the way - the IPK file is gone missing in MediaFire.. just wanted to let you know...
    You welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    Are the IPK files mirrored anywhere? As lars1641 mentioned, they aren't available now.
    Shouldn't happen. I'll check it.

    EDIT: Yeah. probably my internet connection crashed while updating the first post, and that's why the links are for the old IPKs (which I've already deleted). I have to repack them anyway because I changed the IPK's script again, so I'll update the first post soon with the right links.

    UPDATE: the IPKs are up again.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/28/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Why do you want it to patch the QWERTY layout? It patches the AZERTY layout because most users don't need it and it let you switch between the regular QWERTY and the Thumb.
    Do you have a screenshot of the Thumb KB? I was going to download and take a look at it but you use mediafire instead of just uploading them to PreCentral and mediafire wants me to enable scripting for damn near every tracking site on the internet to download anything.

    Attached is a screenshot of the scripts required to download anything from mediafire. I think that is a bit excessive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

    I also take custom kb layout requests.

  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Do you have a screenshot of the Thumb KB? I was going to download and take a look at it but you use mediafire instead of just uploading them to PreCentral and mediafire wants me to enable scripting for damn near every tracking site on the internet to download anything.

    Attached is a screenshot of the scripts required to download anything from mediafire. I think that is a bit excessive.
    This guy took a screenshot of the thumb keyboard (now it has arrow keys too, of course).
    I uploaded the packages to mediafire because I have my account there (it's the fastest server I know) and I just want to control all the things that I upload to the web in one place.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/28/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions