Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Read from post 308 to 314 to learn how to migrate the QWERTY layout from the qwertyarr package into the Hebrew json file and then install it on your TouchPad. If you still have problems, just let me know and I'll make an IPK installation package for you.
    BTW, you'll lose the Arabic keyboard when you'll try to install the patch again.
    I know. That's why I'm waiting; I'd rather keep what I have. There's also a checksum change in another file that would need to be addressed. But thanks for the tip!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    just wondering if you guys are planning for a chinese keyboard patch? Thanks!
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    just wondering if you guys are planning for a chinese keyboard patch? Thanks!
    I don't know who do yo mean by saying "guys", but as I already wrote here I'm not planning to do it. Use the information provided here and in the wiki page and try to create your own Chinese layout.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Hey! Thank you so much for this patch! Very helpful and so well integrated in the native keyboard.

An improvement (to be more complete) could be to replace the left and right arrow by the bottom and top ones when type on the SHIFT key... No?

Ps: Sorry for my english (I'm french)
    Last edited by fun_olivier; 11/20/2011 at 02:50 PM.
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by fun_olivier View Post
    Hey! Thank you so much for this patch! Very helpful and so well integrated in the native keyboard.

An improvement (to be more complete) could be to replace the left and right arrow by the bottom and top ones when type on the SHIFT key... No?

Ps: Sorry for my english (I'm french)
    Good idea! I'm packing again all the packages with the arrow keys.
    webOS Scrollbars

Mediafire is giving me an "Invalid or deleted file" error for all of these links. Is anyone else able to get any of these files?
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Mediafire is giving me an "Invalid or deleted file" error for all of these links. Is anyone else able to get any of these files?
    That's because I've updated the packages. Try now, it should work.
    webOS Scrollbars

@isagar2004:

have you noticed the big downside to making the left/right arrows shift to up/down arrows? holding shift makes it highlight text as it goes up/down, and you can no longer hold shift and highlight left/right. I definitely don't care for the effect.

also, a few days ago I moved the arrows to the right side of the numbers and posted my alternate layout in Maverickz' thread. I much prefer it this way, and several people in that thread have asked for an .ipk with my layout. I have no interest in figuring out how to do that right now, simple though it may be, so I figured I'd just post them here and let you do what you wish with them as you've done all yours as .ipk's. I attached both the regular version that I use and the version with the shiftable arrows. these are based on the original qwertyarrows.json provided by Maverickz; I don't know if the layouts you've been doing are different.

finally, I have tried several times to change keys on the bottom row of the keyboard, and in each case my changes were completely ignored and the bottom row remained stock. have you been able to change the bottom row in your layouts? any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @isagar2004:

have you noticed the big downside to making the left/right arrows shift to up/down arrows? holding shift makes it highlight text as it goes up/down, and you can no longer hold shift and highlight left/right. I definitely don't care for the effect.

also, a few days ago I moved the arrows to the right side of the numbers and posted my alternate layout in Maverickz' thread. I much prefer it this way, and several people in that thread have asked for an .ipk with my layout. I have no interest in figuring out how to do that right now, simple though it may be, so I figured I'd just post them here and let you do what you wish with them as you've done all yours as .ipk's. I attached both the regular version that I use and the version with the shiftable arrows. these are based on the original qwertyarrows.json provided by Maverickz; I don't know if the layouts you've been doing are different.

finally, I have tried several times to change keys on the bottom row of the keyboard, and in each case my changes were completely ignored and the bottom row remained stock. have you been able to change the bottom row in your layouts? any advice?
    Yep, I did notice the down side, and I think that people don't need up and down arrow keys because the finger is not so big to miss text lines. That's why I didn't add them at the first place while Maverickz did, but if that what the users want, that's what they'll get.
    I don't really have time today, but I'll try to make an IPK package of your alternative layout ASAP.
    About the bottom row, as the wiki page stats, there are 3 types of bottom rows. Did you change all three of them?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    webOS Scrollbars

Yep, I did notice the down side, and I think that people don't need up and down arrow keys because the finger is not so big to miss text lines. That's why I didn't add them at the first place while Maverickz did, but if that what the users want, that's what they'll get.
    agreed - up/down arrows are less needed, though certainly convenient to have available on the symbol keyboard. as I commented in the other thread, I suspect when people discover the downside of the shifted-arrows layouts, they'll be clamoring for the old versions back again.
    I don't really have time today, but I'll try to make an IPK package of your alternative layout ASAP.
    whenever you have a chance... I'm asking on behalf of others, not me. I'm quite happy just running the patch.sh script, plus I'm still playing with other changes.
    About the bottom row, as the wiki page stats, there are 3 types of bottom rows. Did you change all three of them?
    ah, that must be it. my changes aren't being ignored, I'm just doing them in the wrong version of the bottom row. thanks!
    so the wiki says: "4 - Bottom row, 5 - bottom row by default, 6 - bottom row for url, 7 - bottom row for email"

most of that is clear, except what's the difference between #4 and #5? I had made my changes in row 4, which didn't show up when I called the keyboard in the memos app so clearly I was seeing the unchanged row 5. any idea where or when row 4 would be used?
  12.    #332  
    so the wiki says: "4 - Bottom row, 5 - bottom row by default, 6 - bottom row for url, 7 - bottom row for email"

most of that is clear, except what's the difference between #4 and #5? I had made my changes in row 4, which didn't show up when I called the keyboard in the memos app so clearly I was seeing the unchanged row 5. any idea where or when row 4 would be used?
    I really don't know what is the difference. I just know that row 4 and 5 are those you change if you want to see your changes in every app. I guess that there are situations when the system calls the 4th row instead of the default 5th.

webOS Scrollbars

Yep, I did notice the down side, and I think that people don't need up and down arrow keys because the finger is not so big to miss text lines.
    Those are necessary at least for console stuff (i.e. chroot environments). Shell history is awkward to use without; because IIRC you can't edit a command in the history when having to rely on CTRL+R only.
    I really don't know what is the difference. I just know that row 4 and 5 are those you change if you want to see your changes in every app. I guess that there are situations when the system calls the 4th row instead of the default 5th.
    ok, so I'll just make row 4 and 5 the same. simple enough.
  15.    #335  
    whenever you have a chance... I'm asking on behalf of others, not me. I'm quite happy just running the patch.sh script, plus I'm still playing with other changes.
    OK, I've created the IPK and added it to the first post under the name arrowscorn. It's only the shifted version because all my layouts are "shifted" and I don't want to confuse the users. the "non-shifted" version is attached here for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Scrollbars

Some new news:

I have packaged the original layout (split arrows) into an IPK while aslo adding the support for QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.

I created an IPK to put the Arrows to the right of the number keys as requested, and also one to put them to the left of the number keys (I prefer the left version).

I have added a layout that causes the @ and .com keys to always be available. This also puts the arrows to the right of the number keys.

Finally to make the uninstall process easier, I also created an uninstall IPK file.

See the SECOND post of my original thread for the new details. Thanks always for your support.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Some new news:

I have packaged the original layout (split arrows) into an IPK while aslo adding the support for QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.

I created an IPK to put the Arrows to the right of the number keys as requested, and also one to put them to the left of the number keys (I prefer the left version).

I have added a layout that causes the @ and .com keys to always be available. This also puts the arrows to the right of the number keys.

Finally to make the uninstall process easier, I also created an uninstall IPK file.

See the SECOND post of my original thread for the new details. Thanks always for your support.
    You don't have to recreate something that already there. I didn't understand why did you open a new thread and I don't understand why you link in my thread to something as new while except the left arrows and the @/.com I have already created it.

webOS Scrollbars

You don't have to recreate something that already there. I didn't understand why did you open a new thread and I don't understand why you link in my thread to something as new while except the left arrows and the @/.com I have already created it.

I didn't open a new thread. I just linked to the second post of my original thread. I created the new content based on requests, I did not check to see what you had done or not done.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

@isagar2004 - Maverickz' layouts are a little different than yours on the symbol keyboard as well - all four arrows are there, along with home and end keys. you've decided to go with the shift-able arrow keys, which I actually hate, but other users may much prefer. so surely there can be room for multiple layouts.

Agreed though that it is confusing to have two long threads about essentially the same thing, now with competing keyboard layouts and cross-posts going back and forth. I have contributed to the cross-posting myself by steering people here who were asking for an .ipk of the layout I tweaked slightly and posted over there (thanks for creating those .ipk's).

I'm actually working on a fairly significant re-layout of the whole keyboard, and don't even know where to post it when I'm done... here? maverickz's thread? make my own new thread (really, 3 keyboard layout patch threads)? should we ask the mods to merge the two threads, or would that make things even worse? (probably a bad idea)

I think as long as there are two threads dealing with keyboard patches, which is unavoidable at this point, each thread ought to link to the other in the first post to make sure users know there are multiple choices. No need for this to start feeling like a turf war.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I didn't open a new thread. I just linked to the second post of my original thread. I created the new content based on requests, I did not check to see what you had done or not done.
    I meant something else. Never mind.

webOS Scrollbars