Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Ok I found the problem. I had not created the template using sh patch.sh generate. I was just trying to update using existing .json files. Once I generated the template, the patching worked perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I've tested it now. Great thinking!
    There are no right and left arrow keys, however. Only up (0013) and down (0015).
    But again - well done, really great thinking!
    Now that I finally got my patches working, I actually found the Left and Right Arrows as well as Home and End keys. I created a working layout patch with these new keys. See my signature for the link to the post.

Now you can change the FAQ in the first post, since this is now possible.
    Last edited by Maverickz; 11/13/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Now that I finally got my patches working, I actually found the Left and Right Arrows as well as Home and End keys. I created a working layout patch with these new keys. See my signature for the link to the post.

Now you can change the FAQ in the first post, since this is now possible.
    Really? Well, actually there are left and right arrow keys but I don't own a TouchPad and on the emulator they just switch between cards without entering card view. If they work like arrow keys on the device then everything is perfect.
    I've updated the FAQ and some of the packages in the first post.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Finally, arrow keys!

THANK YOU!!
    Hi, could we have a french.keypatch.zip (AZERTY) patched from spanish or QWERTZ ?
    Thanks a lot
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    Hi, could we have a french.keypatch.zip (AZERTY) patched from spanish or QWERTZ ?
    Thanks a lot
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain, please?
    webOS Scrollbars

Just added info about some "V" and "S" buttons on Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals wiki-page. There are even more special buttons in "V" section.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    so how does this play with the other keyboard patches? i installed the us qwerty and it works great. thank you. now i would like to install the russian keyboard. 1) will they conflict? 2) after i go to keypatch directory do i need to create a template again and then apply rus.json patch, or as it stated in this thread do i just apply the rus.json directly (skipping the template generation)?

thanks

edit: that are the two keys on the us qwerty arrow keyboard between ~ and <
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    so how does this play with the other keyboard patches? i installed the us qwerty and it works great. thank you. now i would like to install the russian keyboard. 1) will they conflict? 2) after i go to keypatch directory do i need to create a template again and then apply rus.json patch, or as it stated in this thread do i just apply the rus.json directly (skipping the template generation)?

thanks

edit: that are the two keys on the us qwerty arrow keyboard between ~ and <
    You can apply only one patch. If you want to patch more than one layout, you should download both packages and manually merge the json files as I've shortly described it here.
    You don't have to generate a template at all, not even at the first time. This step is absolutely unnecessary and just slows down the patching process.

EDIT: My QWERTY layout doesn't have them. These are just Home and End buttons.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 01/09/2012 at 01:21 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Thanks, i see what you mean by merging layouts in one .json. i do have another question though. i understand now how to merge layouts, but what do i do with "sets" and "params". im just trying to figure out how to merge them. sorry to be so obtuse
  11.    #311  
    Thanks, i see what you mean by merging layouts in one .json. i do have another question though. i understand now how to merge layouts, but what do i do with "sets" and "params". im just trying to figure out how to merge them. sorry to be so obtuse
    If you're merging the qwertyarr layout with the russian layout, the qwerty doesn't has any sets or params. Just paste the QWERTY section into rus.json as described.
    webOS Scrollbars

? but there are sets listed, 64 of them in qwertyarrows.json and rus.json has sets from 49 to 61. what do i do about this overlap? ...or can i simply substitute qwertyarrows layout instead of qwerty layout in the rus.json?
    ? but there are sets listed, 64 of them in qwertyarrows.json and rus.json has sets from 49 to 61. what do i do about this overlap? ...or can i simply substitute qwertyarrows layout instead of qwerty layout in the rus.json?
    Short answer: you should use those 49-61 sets from rus.json deleting them from qwertyarrows.

Long answer: During process script generates values for each of buttons in each layout and each button in each set from system. Then it reads json file and redefines values for buttons and sets that are stated there. Then it writes to the system changed values. As there can be only one set 61 in system it will use the last occurance of it in json file. Each set can be bound to any number of keys in any layouts by changing EXT value of that button. If set Is not bound to any key it is not being used. So if qwertyarrows json file does not contain link to those 49-61 sets you can freely replace them with the ones from the rus.json file.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    Short answer: you should use those 49-61 sets from rus.json deleting them from qwertyarrows.

Long answer: During process script generates values for each of buttons in each layout and each button in each set from system. Then it reads json file and redefines values for buttons and sets that are stated there. Then it writes to the system changed values. As there can be only one set 61 in system it will use the last occurance of it in json file. Each set can be bound to any number of keys in any layouts by changing EXT value of that button. If set Is not bound to any key it is not being used. So if qwertyarrows json file does not contain link to those 49-61 sets you can freely replace them with the ones from the rus.json file.
    if i understand this right... because qwertyarrows does not use any sets the only ones i need are the ones from rus.json. taking the qwerty layout part from qwertyarrows.json and adding only that into layout section of rus.json should to the trick

edit: looks like it worked. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    Last edited by cheburashka; 11/17/2011 at 01:15 AM.
  15.    #315  
    I've updated the first post with QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts with arrow keys along with a package called arrows that adds arrow keys to all three original layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY) at once.
    webOS Scrollbars

Great Patch thanks...
  17.    #317  
    Thanks to Jason Robitaille there is much more simple way of installing the patches. I've updated the first post with the instructions.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    11/17/11: Thanks to Jason Robitaille (the creator of WOSQI) we now have the ability to simplify the installation of the patches through ipk files with WOSQI. If you want to use this method, follow the updated instructions. Note that the installation can be made only throgh WOSQI. DO NOT try to install through Preware/Internalz because it won't work. Also, be patient and don't kill WOSQI during the process, remember that it might take up to 10 minutes.

11/13/11: Thanks to Maverickz's "silly question" I finally found the navigation keys. The FAQ has been updated and I will update the existing packages with arrow keys ASAP. Update: I've updated some of the packages with left and right arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row. I couldn't update the others (like the Thai layout, for ex.) because they use the free keys on the numbers row for letters or accents. Maybe someone who's familiar with these layout can make the changes so the layout could remain useful and comfortable with the addition of the arrow keys. Note that the arrow keys won't look and won't act as arrow keys on the emulator.

11/01/11: We saw some people that have published over the internet the patching script and/or some of the packages in this post with no credit and/or with credit to themselves, so we decided to release the script under the MIT license. Please read the license section below and follow the terms.

10/19/2011: All the packages have been updated and they are now compatible with 3.0.4. We still have some problem with the language code patching because HP changed the code of the keyboard languages list and we didn't adapt it to the 3.0.4's Emulator image, but we wanted you to have your keyboards back ASAP so we released it as it is now.

10/18/2011: The patches aren't yet compatible with the 3.0.4 update. I don't own a Touchpad so it'll take some time to release an updated script (unless Dmitry (which owns a TouchPad) will do it himself), after I'll be able to download the new Doctor (the link in the Doctors wiki page is broken). Dmitry has released an updated version of the script. I'll update the packages in this post ASAP and remove this paragraph. Until then, don't try to use the packages in this post on 3.0.4 or you'll get your TouchPad stuck without GUI.

Update: Dmitry has released the regional patch that we were working on. Swedish package updated. For more information about regional characters and language code patch, read the updated wiki page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read the entire post carefully before asking questions.

Ok, here we go:

About a month ago, Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) found a way to patch the TouchPad's webOS's GUI main executable (LunaSysMgr) and wrote the wiki page that describes his work: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    After a little while he created a shell script that makes the job much more easier. In this thread I'll post keyboard layouts and the installation instructions. If you want a keyboard layout that isn't listed here (at the end of this post), just ask for it and I'll try to do my best.

Let's begin.

First of all, you must enable developer mode on your TouchPad. To do this, just tap the Just Type and enter this code: webos20090606
    The developer mode application will appear in the search results. Open it and turn on developer mode, DO NOT set a password. It is recommended to restart your device after that.
    Install Preware if it isn't already installed: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Now, there are two methods that can be used for the installation of the patches. The simple way is the IPK method with WOSQI (will do it for most of the users). The command line method is for more advanced users who wants to install custom layouts that are not provided in this post or to install more than one patch as I've shortly described it here.

The command line method:
    You will need some Linux command line tool (like novaterm in the official SDK, the WOSQI (webOS Quick Install) command line tool, etc.) to access the device's Linux operating system later on this guide.

- Download the layout you want from the links at the end of this post.
    - Create a folder named keypatch (lower case) wherever you want on your hard drive and unzip into it the file you've downloaded.
    - Connect your TouchPad to your computer and select the USB Drive option on the TouchPad's screen.
    - Copy the keypatch folder to your TouchPad.
    - Disconnect your TouchPad.
    - Reconnect your TouchPad but this time hit "Cancel" on the USB Drive prompt.
    - If you're using novaterm, run it and click "Connect". If you're using WOSQI, select "Linux Commandline" from the Tools menu.
    - Navigate to the patch directory by typing cd /media/internal/keypatch and press Enter.
    - Apply the patch by typing sh patch.sh patch XXX.json and press Enter (XXX is the name of the keyboard layout file you've downloaded (for example: if you've downloaded the "dvorak.keypatch.zip", then XXX should be dvorak [lower case only])).

Be patient. This process might take about 10 minutes. The device will restart the GUI after the patching, so don't panic.

- When done, close Novaterm. If the patch description says that it patches the language code, it's recommended to restart your TouchPad to apply changes.
    - the instructions continues in the "Command line and IPK continuation" section (after the IPK method section).

The IPK method:
    - Download the layout you want from the links at the end of this post (use the IPK link next to the layout name).
    - Connect your TouchPad to your computer and hit "Cancel" on the USB Drive prompt.
    - Open webOS Quick Install and click on the + button. Navigate to the folder that you've downloaded the IPK file into it and select the IPK file.
    - Click on the "Install" button.

Be patient. This process might take about 10 minutes. DO NOT kill WOSQI during the process! The device will restart the GUI after the patching, so don't panic.

-When done, close WOSQI.

Command line and IPK continuation:
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY keyboard open Regional settings and add a keyboard with the layout and the language code you patched (The language code would show up as KeyBoardPatch_XX in Regional Setting (XX is the package's lang code. For example: for the Swedish package it would be sv. DO NOT change the language under the Language section in Regional Setting. Change only under "Keyboard Type") (Not working in webOS 3.0.4 due to the changes HP made to the Regional Settings app).
    - If you want to use English QWERTY as well, just add an English QWERTY keyboard too.

FAQ:
    Q: Will the patch affect the physical Bluetoosh keyboard too?
    - A: No. The patch affects only the virtual keyboard.
    Q: I've installed the Dvorak patch but I can't find the Dvorak layout in Regional Settings. Why?
    - A: As the patch's description says, the patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. Add a keyboard with an AZERTY layout to use the patched keyboard.
    Q: I've installed the Greek patch and I want to use an English keyboard as well, how can I do that?
    - A: The Greek patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. If you want to use English keyboard, just go to Regional Settings and add an English QWERTY keyboard too.
    Q: Can you add navigation keys (like Home, End, arrow keys) to the virtual keyboard?
    - A: Yes, it is possible. Some of the packages already has right and left arrow keys. If you want to add navigation keys to layout that doesn't has them, these are the codes: 0010 - Home key, 0011 - End key, 0012 - left arrow key, 0013 - up arrow key, 0014 - right arrow key, 0015 - down arrow key, 0016 - PgUp key, 0017 - PgDn key. These are special keys (i.e. the type should be S, not C or V). Note that most of them won't act like navigation keys on the emulator.
    Q: Can you make minor visual changes (like replacing the $ sign on the 4 key with the sign for the UK users)?
    - A: Yes, I can. But as you probably understand, I'm not getting paid for this job, so I can't waste my time on creating a new layout and testing it just for something you can get through a secondary key (for this example: the R secondary key).
    Q: How can I revert the patch's changes?
    - A: Just follow the installation instructions and type sh patch.sh revert instead of sh patch.sh patch XXX.json.

License:
    The patching script:
    Code:
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac Garzn aka isagar2004

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
    of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
    in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
    to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
    copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
    furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
    all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
    IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
    FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
    AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
    LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
    OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
    THE SOFTWARE.

The layouts:
    Click to view quoted image
    All the layouts that are without credit (which have been created by me) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Keyboard layouts (Compatible with webOS 3.0.0, 3.0.2 and 3.0.4):
    - New arrows.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row for those who wants to patch them all. Patches the QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY layouts.
    - New azertyarr.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular French AZERTY keyboard with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row. Patches the AZERTY layout.
    - danish.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Danish keyboard layout (Regular QWERTY with ). Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - dvorak.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Dvorak English keyboard layout. Patches the AZERTY layout (Screenshot).
    --- tabdvorak.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Dvorak English keyboard layout redesigned for tablet use (bigger keys than the previous layout, etc.). Patches the AZERTY layout (Screenshot).
    - far.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Farsi keyboard layout created by mohammadali (You'll need a Farsi font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - german.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Adds 3 useful keys () for German users. Patches the QWERTZ layout and regional characters (Screenshot).
    --- tabgerman.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Better designed German keyboard layout created by dodnet. Patches the QWERZ layout and regional characters (Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2).
    - greek.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Greek keyboard layout (updated with accented characters thanks to jim_ntua_gr). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - hebreg.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Hebrew keyboard layout (You'll need a Hebrew font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - norwegian.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Adds 3 useful keys () for Norwegian users. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    --- tabnorwegian.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Norwegian layout redesigned based on dodnet's work with the German layout. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - New qwertyarr.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular English QWERTY keyboard with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row. Patches the QWERTY layout (Screenshot).
    - New qwertzarr.keypatch.zip (IPK) - with arrow keys - Regular German QWERTZ keyboard with arrow keys on the sides of the numbers row. Patches the QWERTZ layout.
    - rus.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Russian keyboard layout created by Dmitry (Compvir). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - swedish.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - Adds to the QWERTY keyboard 3 useful keys () for Swedish users. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - thai.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Thai keyboard layout created by qsone (You'll need a Thai font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code.
    - thumb.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Updated with arrow keys - "Thumb" English keyboard layout. Patches the AZERTY layout (Where are all those people who said that they are willing to pay for this keyboard? There are about 100 users of this keyboard, none of them donated ).
    - vietnamese.keypatch.zip (IPK) - Vietnamese keyboard layout (You'll need a Vietnamese font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).

Support:
    We worked hard to get this working for you to enjoy and we're still working on releasing an updated script when there are new updates to webOS. If you like these patches and want to support our work or to thank us, please consider making a donation.
    Me: Click to view quoted image
    Dmitry: Click to view quoted image
    You guys are all amazing!!!!!
    No wonder webOS refuses to die. This was the biggest issue for me with my TP. Thanks for all you do to keep making the TP better and better each day.
    I read through post #319. I'm still a little fuzzy on how exactly to install just the arrow keys in my English keyboard. Can you point me to which section of the post applies (I found the values and know the type is S) to this? I did use the keypatch method to install a Hebrew keyboard, and a modified LunaSysMgr (and other changes) to install an Arabic keyboard.
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I read through post #319. I'm still a little fuzzy on how exactly to install just the arrow keys in my English keyboard. Can you point me to which section of the post applies (I found the values and know the type is S) to this? I did use the keypatch method to install a Hebrew keyboard, and a modified LunaSysMgr (and other changes) to install an Arabic keyboard.
    Thx.
    Read from post 308 to 314 to learn how to migrate the QWERTY layout from the qwertyarr package into the Hebrew json file and then install it on your TouchPad. If you still have problems, just let me know and I'll make an IPK installation package for you.
    BTW, you'll lose the Arabic keyboard when you'll try to install the patch again.
    webOS Scrollbars