Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    1) Exactly.

2) Yes. The extended sets are hardcoded in the LunaSysMgr, so you can't add more data, you can just replace the existing.

3) (a) Yes. (b) You don't have to mess with the offsets at all if you are using the script (the data in the wiki page has been written when the script wasn't yet existed. So except the "Patching Script" section, everything else is a documentation of the patching process and a description of how to do it manually (without the script)).

4) Yes, you can. You just have to replace the shift key code with the character you want and change the type to C.

Thank you for your support.
    It donít get the webOS Emulator to patch it with the basic keypatch or with my edited JSON. Any advice to special emulator behaviour or else?

Or would you please be so kind and test my JSON and give me feedback and maybe send some screenshots? Look up in the XLS to see what Iíve done (green = new character, red is changed position/set of character). There are three typographic spaces at the End of the first SECs row, which Iíd especially like to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    It don’t get the webOS Emulator to patch it with the basic keypatch or with my edited JSON. Any advice to special emulator behaviour or else?

Or would you please be so kind and test my JSON and give me feedback and maybe send some screenshots? Look up in the XLS to see what I’ve done (green = new character, red is changed position/set of character). There are three typographic spaces at the End of the first SECs row, which I’d especially like to use.
    I haven't done offsets for emulator yet, plan to add them tommorow evening.

1. There is a little error in json file. QWERTZ, 3rd row, 1st-7th buttons. SEC characters type "V".
    They should have "C" as you changed that from smiles (which are static text (V)ariables) to normal (C)haracters).

2. You can remove AZERTY section (as it is unchanged) so it will speed up parsing.

3. Also you don't need REGIONPATCH param (i.e. set it to 0) as all main symbols are still latin letters. Now I see. it is due to these 3 letters. Leave it at "1"

Though first one will just make script to fail on parsing or patching process, second and third are just recommendation.

Other then that it is just fine.

UPD. Typographical spaces working fine as I can judge.

UPD 2. there are no ⅓, ⅔, ℗ in standard font, so you may need to install custom one which have these characters.
    Last edited by Compvir; 11/10/2011 at 07:08 AM.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post

1. There is a little error in json file. QWERTZ, 3rd row, 1st-7th buttons. SEC characters type "V".
    They should have "C" as you changed that from smiles (which are static text (V)ariables) to normal (C)haracters).

2. You can remove AZERTY section (as it is unchanged) so it will speed up parsing.

3. Also you don't need REGIONPATCH param (i.e. set it to 0) as all main symbols are still latin letters. Now I see. it is due to these 3 letters. Leave it at "1"

Though first one will just make script to fail on parsing or patching process, second and third are just recommendation.

Other then that it is just fine.

UPD. Typographical spaces working fine as I can judge.

UPD 2. there are no ⅓, ⅔, ℗ in standard font, so you may need to install custom one which have these characters.
    Great! Looking forward to the emulator offsets!

1. + 2. Yeah, thanks.

3. I just let it be, so I was lucky here

UPD: Fantastic! How are they displayed? (rectangle as in the code?)

UPD2: Doesnít matter, I will swap the two sets back and find some other useful characters.
    Great! Looking forward to the emulator offsets!
    UPD: Fantastic! How are they displayed? (rectangle as in the code?)
    Nope, just blank buttons, like space.
    The only rectangles are those 1/3, 2/3...
    --
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    Is there an overview about featured characters available?
  6.    #286  
    It don’t get the webOS Emulator to patch it with the basic keypatch or with my edited JSON. Any advice to special emulator behaviour or else?

Or would you please be so kind and test my JSON and give me feedback and maybe send some screenshots? Look up in the XLS to see what I’ve done (green = new character, red is changed position/set of character). There are three typographic spaces at the End of the first SECs row, which I’d especially like to use.
    I've added the 3.0.4 emulator offsets to the script and updated all the packages in the first post for those who want to test the patch on the emulator before installing it on the device.
    Just download the updated package and use your fixed JSON file to try the patch.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Itís me again

Just looked up your tabgerman.keypatch Ė which is verrrry niiice! Ė and applied my character set to this one (XLS and JSON enclosed). Wanted to test it in the emulator, but it wouldít work. So copied and connected to my TP like described in the OP, but the same error occured (PNG enclosed).

Could you please take a look at this?!
    Itís me again

Just looked up your tabgerman.keypatch Ė which is verrrry niiice! Ė and applied my character set to this one (XLS and JSON enclosed). Wanted to test it in the emulator, but it wouldít work. So copied and connected to my TP like described in the OP, but the same error occured (PNG enclosed).

Could you please take a look at this?!
    Though first one will just make script to fail on parsing or patching process...
    You even answered my post yesterday... Again 3rd row buttons 1st-8th should have "C" type...
    I.E. string
    Code:
     "1": {
                        "WIDTH": "normal",
                        "CLASS": "normal",
                        "MAIN": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "Y"},
                        "SEC": {"TYPE": "V", "CHAR": "'"},
                        "EXT": "SET13"
                    },
    in your json, shold be
    Code:
        "1": {
                        "WIDTH": "normal",
                        "CLASS": "normal",
                        "MAIN": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "Y"},
                        "SEC": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "'"},
                        "EXT": "SET13"
                    },
    The same goes for other seven buttons in that row.
    --
    You even answered my post yesterday... Again 3rd row buttons 1st-8th should have "C" type...
    Yes, youíre right, same little bug again. NOW IT WORKS! Cool. Thanks a billion! Next donation will be on itís way, after I had supper =)

I think I will just make some small improvements here and there and maybe patch the QUERTY and AZERTY ones for my needs too Ö

GREAT WORK GUYS!
    Iím really happy now! Donation sent.

I will patch the AZERTY too for featuring most of the characters provided by the system font. When Iím done I will send you the JSONs, so you can ad the patches to the OP, if youíre interested in that.

So, what about the Veer? http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...sets-veer.html
    While looking at the hex codes used for the special keys I see that 0001 = TAB, 0003 = Backspace, 0004 = Enter, and 0020 = Shift. So this might sound like a silly question but has anyone figured out 0002, 0005 - 0019, 0021, or 0022 actually maps to? Maybe some of those are the arrow keys?
    While looking at the hex codes used for the special keys I see that 0001 = TAB, 0003 = Backspace, 0004 = Enter, and 0020 = Shift. So this might sound like a silly question but has anyone figured out 0002, 0005 - 0019, 0021, or 0022 actually maps to? Maybe some of those are the arrow keys?
    Interesting question, but I think Isagar and Compvir already checked that?!

I’d like to know, if and how I could make up my own static text keys (»V«ariables). The smilies are nice, but they’re mostly not compatible to the interchanged icons, some websites and SMS engines come with.
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Hello again.

Now Iíve figured out, which symbols and dingbats the Prelude fonts have to offer, so I patched the QUERTZ and the AZERTY layouts for my belongings respectively to enabeling most of the syms and dings. Please take a look at the attachments, which are showing advantages for (German) typographically and mathematically affected users.

Only thing is, that in the AZERTY layout there are three keys wich wonít work like expected (which could be related to some of the SH files?).

Would you please have a another look?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I've tested it now. Great thinking!
    There are no right and left arrow keys, however. Only up (0013) and down (0015).
    But again - well done, really great thinking!

Hello again.

Now I’ve figured out, which symbols and dingbats the Prelude fonts have to offer, so I patched the QUERTZ and the AZERTY layouts for my belongings respectively to enabeling most of the syms and dings. Please take a look at the attachments, which are showing advantages for (German) typographically and mathematically affected users.

Only thing is, that in the AZERTY layout there are three keys wich won’t work like expected (which could be related to some of the SH files?).

Would you please have a another look?!
    This happens because their Unicode value is under 0041 and therefore they are considered "non-regional" characters (i.e. numbers, comma, dot etc.) even after the Regional Patching. If you'll switch between the main and secondary characters in these buttons it'll work as you expect it to.
    webOS Scrollbars

I was trying to patch my KB to test some codes as well but the patcher doesn't seem to do anything. It runs and completes and says everything was changed but nothing seems different. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my .json file, so I reverted and then tried using the rus.json that is included with the patch tool. The same thing happens, the patch goes through the motions but once completed nothing has changed on my kb. So what am I doing wrong? Below is what the script returns when patching the included rus.json.

Code:
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).                               
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac 
    Garzon aka isagar2004                                                           
    Checking main file...                                                           
    Main version not detected                                                       
    Checking backup file...                                                         
    Backup file 3.0.4 device version found                                          
    Backup file will be used                                                        
    Found file data 304.data                                                        
    Reading template rus.json and redefining variables                              
    Copying source file to temp location                                            
    Applying patch to tempfile                                                      
    Patching regional keys                                                          
    Patched file 304.patched generated                                              
    Installation started                                                            
    Remounting / as rw                                                              
    Original file aleready backed up in /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig                    
    Stopping Luna                                                                   
    Coping file 304.patched to /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr                                  
    Starting Luna                                                                   
    Remounting / back as ro                                                         
    Removing temp file 304.patched                                                  
    Ok.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I was trying to patch my KB to test some codes as well but the patcher doesn't seem to do anything. It runs and completes and says everything was changed but nothing seems different. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my .json file, so I reverted and then tried using the rus.json that is included with the patch tool. The same thing happens, the patch goes through the motions but once completed nothing has changed on my kb. So what am I doing wrong? Below is what the script returns when patching the included rus.json.

Code:
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).                               
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac 
    Garzon aka isagar2004                                                           
    Checking main file...                                                           
    Main version not detected                                                       
    Checking backup file...                                                         
    Backup file 3.0.4 device version found                                          
    Backup file will be used                                                        
    Found file data 304.data                                                        
    Reading template rus.json and redefining variables                              
    Copying source file to temp location                                            
    Applying patch to tempfile                                                      
    Patching regional keys                                                          
    Patched file 304.patched generated                                              
    Installation started                                                            
    Remounting / as rw                                                              
    Original file aleready backed up in /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig                    
    Stopping Luna                                                                   
    Coping file 304.patched to /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr                                  
    Starting Luna                                                                   
    Remounting / back as ro                                                         
    Removing temp file 304.patched                                                  
    Ok.
    There is no error, so I can't tell what the problem is. Please attach the edited JSON file.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    There is no error, so I can't tell what the problem is. Please attach the edited JSON file.
    This was using the rus.json file that is included in the patch tool download, I did not edit it at all.
    This was using the rus.json file that is included in the patch tool download, I did not edit it at all.
    Did the device do an automatic luna restart?

— posted via fabulous webOS and Communities —
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    Did the device do an automatic luna restart?

Yes. Just to be sure I manually did a full device restart too. Kb was unchanged.
    Yes. Just to be sure I manually did a full device restart too. Kb was unchanged.
    And did you select the right layout in the Regional Settings app?

webOS is simply fabulous
    ó