Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Absolutely love it!

PS Donation sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
    really? I edited on notepad and it seems to still work fine 0.o
    I'll see if i edit it in notepad++ and see if it makes a difference
    I have used the notepad++ (after a succesful installation )to open the json file in the Thai keyboard patch and changed the value in the regional patch from 1 to 0, then saved the file. However, when I tried to open the file that I've just edited, I kept getting error messages and could not read the file.

I am thinking I'm going to use the regular notepad to edit instead. However, I need to ask you how do you save the edited json file. Do you just click save when you close the file? And also how do you re patch it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    DO NOT USE WordPad or Notepad. Use only editors that preserve linux line endings and UTF-8 characters like notepad++ or vim. That is clearly described on wiki page that Is noted in the first post. Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    I have used the notepad++ (after a succesful installation )to open the json file in the Thai keyboard patch and changed the value in the regional patch from 1 to 0, then saved the file. However, when I tried to open the file that I've just edited, I kept getting error messages and could not read the file. I don't know what I did wrong.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    Absolutely love it!

PS Donation sent.
    Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    I have used the notepad++ (after a succesful installation )to open the json file in the Thai keyboard patch and changed the value in the regional patch from 1 to 0, then saved the file. However, when I tried to open the file that I've just edited, I kept getting error messages and could not read the file.

I am thinking I'm going to use the regular notepad to edit instead. However, I need to ask you how do you save the edited json file. Do you just click save when you close the file? And also how do you re patch it?
    If you don't know what you're doing, why won't you just use mputtr's file?
    If you don't understand something, use the wiki page. All the information you need is there.
    (I won't be able to support things that aren't related directly to the packages I've posted because I don't have much time due to my studies, so this is going to be my last answer in your conversation. Sorry about that).
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have used the notepad++ (after a succesful installation )to open the json file in the Thai keyboard patch and changed the value in the regional patch from 1 to 0, then saved the file. However, when I tried to open the file that I've just edited, I kept getting error messages and could not read the file. I don't know what I did wrong.
    you just save the changes like you would save anything else.
    and to "repatch" it, you just run the same exact command, but replace it with the new edited json.
    To be on the safe side though, I suggest you revert the first patch first (check the OP for the exact command) then repatch with the new thai.json in the keypatch folder.
    For non-WebOS environments, you can add arrows (and a CTRL key), as I've done it here.

It uses the thorn and "u" extended set to replicate the arrow key functions in the WASZ and Q positions of the alternate keyboard. Works well in terminal or Ubuntu/Chroot enviroments.

Thanks for your script - it makes it very easy to make new layouts.
    Last edited by fool_on_the_hill; 10/28/2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
    you just save the changes like you would save anything else.
    and to "repatch" it, you just run the same exact command, but replace it with the new edited json.
    To be on the safe side though, I suggest you revert the first patch first (check the OP for the exact command) then repatch with the new thai.json in the keypatch folder.
    mputtr,

Thanks a million. I finally did it. I now could see the problems with the 3.04 keyboard layout for the Thai keyboard that you've mentioned before. Although ,it's not perfect but I'm very happy that I now can type Thai. Hopefully the next webos upgrade will correct this problem. I owe my success this time to your knowledge, patience and kindness which I really appreciate. I also need to thank Isagar for making the patch. Isagar, I'm sorry if I've ever annoyed you. I'm a senior citizen just start trying to learn how to use the webos but don't know anything about Linux at all.

BTW, I used the notepad++ to edit the thai.json file.
  8.    #268  
    mputtr,

Thanks a million. I finally did it. I now could see the problems with the 3.04 keyboard layout for the Thai keyboard that you've mentioned before. Although ,it's not perfect but I'm very happy that I now can type Thai. Hopefully the next webos upgrade will correct this problem. I owe my success this time to your knowledge, patience and kindness which I really appreciate. I also need to thank Isagar for making the patch. Isagar, I'm sorry if I've ever annoyed you. I'm a senior citizen just start trying to learn how to use the webos but don't know anything about Linux at all.

You didn't annoy me at all. I'm glad to know that you want to understand things and that it finally worked for you. I (and I guess that Dmitry as well) hope you enjoy webOS and the Thai keyboard.
    Iím going to do my own vk layout now Ė how could I not, itís fabulous that you guys have made it possible! THANKS!

Just got the 304.template.json and opened it in Notepad++.

Now I thought of copying my real QUERTY keyboard as close as possible/useful and making the @ as a SEC to the Q in letters row 1. But there is already a SEC:

"1": {
    "0": {
    "WIDTH": "normal",
    "CLASS": "normal",
    "MAIN": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "Q"},
    "SEC": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "`"},
    "EXT": ""

Strange thing is that ` isnít shown on my actual vk (TP webOS 3.0.4 QUERTZ De). The same goes for W (SEC ~) and E (SEC Ä) and many more Ö Why is that?
    Iím going to do my own vk layout now Ė how could I not, itís fabulous that you guys have made it possible! THANKS!

Just got the 304.template.json and opened it in Notepad++.

Now I thought of copying my real QUERTY keyboard as close as possible/useful and making the @ as a SEC to the Q in letters row 1. But there is already a SEC:

"1": {
    "0": {
    "WIDTH": "normal",
    "CLASS": "normal",
    "MAIN": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "Q"},
    "SEC": {"TYPE": "C", "CHAR": "`"},
    "EXT": ""

Strange thing is that ` isnít shown on my actual vk (TP webOS 3.0.4 QUERTZ De). The same goes for W (SEC ~) and E (SEC Ä) and many more Ö Why is that?
    To be able to see secondary symbols on regional keys(I.e. Letters) you need to press "+=[]". If it is not showing before patching, then there is some bug, and I recommend doctor device. If it is not showing after patch, I would like to see json you are using.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    To be able to see secondary symbols on regional keys(I.e. Letters) you need to press "+=[]". If it is not showing before patching, then there is some bug, and I recommend doctor device. If it is not showing after patch, I would like to see json you are using.
    Just mixed it with the SEC function provided by the number row, which displays second characters in grey colour.
    Just donated a small tip and hope you can help me get my dream keyboard layout working, so I can donate you as you deserve

I want to edit the German keypatch provided in the FP, and have some questions, because Iím not sure if Iíve unterstood the wiki page clearly:

1) If I just want to change characters, it would only be changing the provided german.json (just downloaded the ZIP), overwrite it, and apply the patch to my 3.0.4 device, right?

2) On the wiki page I read this: ĽChanging layout manually: Although you cannot change the number of characters in a particular set, you can choose the one with needed number of symbols and reassign it to needed button by changing address in the layout.ę
    Does that mean the number of character in each set (which I could address to another key) is limited as it is, and so I canít add an extra charcters to a set?

3) When I add anoter key in the numbers row, e. g. by changing the class of one of the invisible ones, a) will the width of all the number keys be adjusted automatically and b) would I have to change the offsets for the whole row?

4) Can I change the the right SHIFT key to type C and use it as another normal character key with itís own EXT set? What else would I have to do to make that work could I cahnge the key colour to that middle grey?

THANKS in advance. You guys make me love my TP more and more Ö!
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Just donated a small tip and hope you can help me get my dream keyboard layout working, so I can donate you as you deserve

I want to edit the German keypatch provided in the FP, and have some questions, because Iím not sure if Iíve unterstood the wiki page clearly:

1) If I just want to change characters, it would only be changing the provided german.json (just downloaded the ZIP), overwrite it, and apply the patch to my 3.0.4 device, right?

2) On the wiki page I read this: ĽChanging layout manually: Although you cannot change the number of characters in a particular set, you can choose the one with needed number of symbols and reassign it to needed button by changing address in the layout.ę
    Does that mean the number of character in each set (which I could address to another key) is limited as it is, and so I canít add an extra charcters to a set?

3) When I add anoter key in the numbers row, e. g. by changing the class of one of the invisible ones, a) will the width of all the number keys be adjusted automatically and b) would I have to change the offsets for the whole row?

4) Can I change the the right SHIFT key to type C and use it as another normal character key with itís own EXT set? What else would I have to do to make that work could I cahnge the key colour to that middle grey?

THANKS in advance. You guys make me love my TP more and more Ö!
    1) Exactly.

2) Yes. The extended sets are hardcoded in the LunaSysMgr, so you can't add more data, you can just replace the existing.

3) (a) Yes. (b) You don't have to mess with the offsets at all if you are using the script (the data in the wiki page has been written when the script wasn't yet existed. So except the "Patching Script" section, everything else is a documentation of the patching process and a description of how to do it manually (without the script)).

4) Yes, you can. You just have to replace the shift key code with the character you want and change the type to C.

webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Thank you for your immediate reply and your encouraging progress with homebrewing and patching.
    is it possible to do something similar to the pre3, i remember a post stating some1 got the virtual keyboard up on the pre3 but it was rubbish/crashed or something, is there a way to "fix / enable" the pre3 virtual keyboard so its useable as well?
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is it possible to do something similar to the pre3, i remember a post stating some1 got the virtual keyboard up on the pre3 but it was rubbish/crashed or something, is there a way to "fix / enable" the pre3 virtual keyboard so its useable as well?
    The virtual keyboard for the phone version of webOS has been created back at webOS 2.0. It never been officially activated and since then there was no any more development either. That's why it's extremely buggy and even if you'll enable it on the Pre3 it'll just make the GUI to crash (I tried it myself on my Pre3).
    When I was digging in the TouchPad's LunaSysMgr code, I found some new functions that handle a brand new virtual keyboard for the phone version. However, since the Pre3 isn't going to get any more updates (not even bug fixes), it's unlikely that we'll ever see any official virtual keyboard on webOS phones.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 11/07/2011 at 05:27 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    mputtr,

No problem. I'm glad I could be helpful. Sorry I haven't replied for such a long time. I've been on my thesis film set for the past 9 days (all night shoots) and I haven't had any time at all to read anything. I actually just saw this on a drive by browsing session when I have some downtime.
    Hopefully it will work something out. apart from that, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I might be slow in replying since this is the most busy time of my graduate career but I'll see if I can answer it as best as I can.
    Hi,
    I am trying to install the danish layout on 3.0.4 I have create the /media/internal/keypatch directory and extracted the zip file danish.keypatch.zip in the directory using unzip.

root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# ls -l
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1393 Nov 9 04:45 301.emul.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1391 Nov 9 04:45 301.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4154 Nov 9 04:45 302.emul.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 2254 Nov 9 04:45 302.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1383 Nov 9 04:45 303.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 2222 Nov 9 04:45 304.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1127 Nov 9 04:45 LICENSE
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 25764 Nov 9 04:45 danish.json
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18259 Nov 9 04:38 danish.keypatch.zip
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 17276 Nov 9 04:45 funcs.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1577 Nov 9 04:45 map.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 7908 Nov 9 04:45 patch.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1240 Nov 9 04:45 vars
    root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# ls -l /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    -rwxr-x--- 1 root root 5206643 Oct 5 17:46 /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr

Executing the patch gives me:

root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh patch danish.json
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac Garzon aka isagar2004
    Checking main file...
    Main version not detected
    Checking backup file...
    Backup file not found
    ERROR: No original version found cannot proceed

What step am I missing?

Thanks,
    Thor
    Quote Originally Posted by tall_thor View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to install the danish layout on 3.0.4 I have create the /media/internal/keypatch directory and extracted the zip file danish.keypatch.zip in the directory using unzip.

root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# ls -l
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1393 Nov 9 04:45 301.emul.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1391 Nov 9 04:45 301.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4154 Nov 9 04:45 302.emul.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 2254 Nov 9 04:45 302.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1383 Nov 9 04:45 303.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 2222 Nov 9 04:45 304.offsets.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1127 Nov 9 04:45 LICENSE
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 25764 Nov 9 04:45 danish.json
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18259 Nov 9 04:38 danish.keypatch.zip
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 17276 Nov 9 04:45 funcs.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1577 Nov 9 04:45 map.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 7908 Nov 9 04:45 patch.sh
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1240 Nov 9 04:45 vars
    root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# ls -l /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    -rwxr-x--- 1 root root 5206643 Oct 5 17:46 /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr

Executing the patch gives me:

root@qemux86:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh patch danish.json
    Keyboard layout patcher for HP (TM) TouchPad (r).
    Copyright (C) 2011 by Dmitry V. Silaev aka Compvir (compvir@compvir.com), Isaac Garzon aka isagar2004
    Checking main file...
    Main version not detected
    Checking backup file...
    Backup file not found
    ERROR: No original version found cannot proceed

What step am I missing?

Thanks,
    Thor
    The size of your LunaSysMgr is really strange... It should be 5240591 on device. Seems you are trying to install it on 3.0.4 emulator, as 5206643 is size on emul. I haven't added offsets for it, but if you need one, I'll add them "in upcoming months" (joking of course, in couple of days).
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    The size of your LunaSysMgr is really strange... It should be 5240591 on device. Seems you are trying to install it on 3.0.4 emulator, as 5206643 is size on emul. I haven't added offsets for it, but if you need one, I'll add them "in upcoming months" (joking of course, in couple of days).
    Yes you are correct it is on the emulator as I am "alway" ;-) trying out stuf on the emulator before implementing it on my wifes touchpad (still hoping to get one for my self)

Thanks,
    Thor