Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    just choose azerty and choose another language. it'll appear when you tap the "en" key
    Khun Cherasak krub,

Did you use the Thai keyboard patch and the method that Isagar has posted on this webboard? Also ,which webos version are you using?, 3.0.4 or 3.0.2? Khob Khun Krub.
    Quote Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
    just choose azerty and choose another language. it'll appear when you tap the "en" key
    Thank you mputtr, it works!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    Khun Cherasak krub,

Did you use the Thai keyboard patch and the method that Isagar has posted on this webboard? Also ,which webos version are you using?, 3.0.4 or 3.0.2? Khob Khun Krub.
    I used the method posted by Isagar, and my TP is on 3.0.4. khob khun krun. ขอบคุณครับ
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    No problem. just make sure you read the last few pages next time.
    Khun Cherasak krub,

Does your Thai keyboard show all the letters, numbers, and, punctuations correctly? What Thai fonts did you use and could you tell me where I can download it. Did you encounter any problems like mputtr did.

I really want to be able to type Thai on my touch pad real bad. I've bought Ipad because it does have the Thai keyboard but returned it because of my frustration with it's many restricted ways of doing things. So far, I really enjoy my HP touch pad very much, especially after the recent webos upgrade. Khob khun krub.
    Last edited by kcalderon82; 10/26/2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    Khun Cherasak krub,

Does your Thai keyboard show all the letters, numbers, and, punctuations correctly? What Thai fonts did you use and could you tell me where I can download it. Did you encounter any problems like mputtr did.

I really want to be able to type Thai on my touch pad real bad. I've bought Ipad because it does have the Thai keyboard but returned it because of my frustration with it's many restricted ways of doing things. So far, I really enjoy my HP touch pad very much, especially after the recent webos upgrade. Khob khun krub.
    I installed thai font posted on the first then followed the instruction. The only thing I didn't know was to install any keyboard. ผมใช้tpพิมพอยู่ครับ แต่ว่าไม่มีตัวการันครับ. Let me know if you have any complication.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherasak View Post
    I installed thai font posted on the first then followed the instruction. The only thing I didn't know was to install any keyboard. ผมใช้tpพิมพอยู่ครับ แต่ว่าไม่มีตัวการันครับ. Let me know if you have any complication.
    How about the Thai numbers?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    do this, use the thaikeypatch on the first post and change Regionpatch from 1 to 0 and repatch it.
    when you hit the shift key, it'll bring up the thai numbers on the number row.
    do this, use the thaikeypatch on the first post and change Regionpatch from 1 to 0 and repatch it.
    when you hit the shift key, it'll bring up the thai numbers on the number row.
    @mputtr, how do u change the regionpatch. I didn't see that part in the first page instruction. Thanks
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    oh, sorry i dind't mentioned it. open up the thai.json file and scroll to the bottom
    @mputtr, I tried ur suggestion and it didn't work. noveterm returns a bunch of lines say that "patch.sh: eval: line 1: ???AQERTY_7_......." Can u tell me what I should do, or should I just go back with the one without changing reginalpatch?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    it shoulnd't say AQERTY... looks like you did something else apart from chaning the regionpatch.
    here's what isagar2004 said when i presented him with my roadblock
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Problem 3 is probably because the "REGIONPATCH" value in the layout JSON file is set to 1 instead of 0, but it should have the same problem in 3.0.2, if so.
    you should not be changing anything else apart from that one value.
    Here are the last things I did for the thai keyboard
    it's a little different, but it should do most of what you should know. the number keys are the upper punctuations that you are used to, in the order that you should know... A, aa, oo, ooo, etc etc etc.
    the .json file
    http://db.tt/NRZaX6pb
    (replace this file with the original thai keypatch and follow instructions from the OP)
    the font file
    http://db.tt/W4uMpCup
    (use quickinstall, choose send file, send it to /usr/share/fonts then reboot)
    Please forgive me for asking many questions, I really don't know much about programming language at all.

1. Where are the "db.tt/NRZaX6pb" and Regional patch files?
    2. The original file that you mentioned above, is it the one from qsone or Isagar?
    3. How do you open the Regional patch file?

Thanks.
    Last edited by kcalderon82; 10/26/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    1) the link is for a dropbox dl link that I did to modify the thai.json file
    2) the file is originally from qsone. isagar2004 put it together with the 3.0.4 patch
    3) the file you open is thai.json with wordpad or notepad and if you read what I said earlier, you scroll to the bottom of the file and look for the line that says regional patch and change it from a 0 to a 1 and that's it. do not change anything else.
    2) the file is originally from qsone. isagar2004 put it together with the 3.0.4 patch
    3) the file you open is thai.json with wordpad or notepad and if you read what I said earlier, you scroll to the bottom of the file and look for the line that says regional patch and change it from a 0 to a 1 and that's it. do not change anything else.
    DO NOT USE WordPad or Notepad. Use only editors that preserve linux line endings and UTF-8 characters like notepad++ or vim. That is clearly described on wiki page that Is noted in the first post. Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    DO NOT USE WordPad or Notepad. Use only editors that preserve linux line endings and UTF-8 characters like notepad++ or vim. That is clearly described on wiki page that Is noted in the first post. Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    really? I edited on notepad and it seems to still work fine 0.o
    I'll see if i edit it in notepad++ and see if it makes a difference
    1. What is the OP? Is it the method for patching Thai keybaord posted by Isgaar?
    2. Do you see any difference in using notepad++ instead of notepad to read and edit json file?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by kcalderon82; 10/27/2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    OP stands for original post (meaning the first post in a thread)

and in regards to editing in notepad++ and notepad, i haven't done it yet since I'm extremely busy and I go into film production tomorrow so I dont have time to play with this till after november 9. but notepad++ is free and all you have to do is google it and download it.
    Last edited by mputtr; 10/27/2011 at 12:17 PM.
    OP stands for original post (meaning the first post in a thread)

and in regards to editing in notepad++ and notepad, i haven't done it yet since I'm extremely busy and I go into film production tomorrow so I dont have time to play with this till after november 9. but notepad++ is free and all you have to do is google it and download it.
    Thanks and good luck with your film production. Again, just want to let you know how much I really appreciate your help. After having read your and Isagaar's posts over and over many times, I now have gained enough confidence to patch my touch pad for the Thai Keyboard.