Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
    Please read what I said earlier.
    I did... i chose azerty, some font for the vietnamese showed up right! Some doesn't ... I didn't see vietnamese so I just picked Italian for the place holder name. At least that's what I thought you meant.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    that's actually the problem i'm facing. the changed keyboard that 3.0.4 pushed on us screwed a bunch of stuff.
    the thai language for me shows the characters, but once you tap a button a bunch of them disappear and some of them are cut off
    i dont know what else can be done. i think i'll be asking my mom to roll back to 3.0.2 and call it a day.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Here are the last things I did for the thai keyboard
    it's a little different, but it should do most of what you should know. the number keys are the upper punctuations that you are used to, in the order that you should know... A, aa, oo, ooo, etc etc etc.
    the .json file
    http://db.tt/NRZaX6pb
    (replace this file with the original thai keypatch and follow instructions from the OP)
    the font file
    http://db.tt/W4uMpCup
    (use quickinstall, choose send file, send it to /usr/share/fonts then reboot)
    that's actually the problem i'm facing. the changed keyboard that 3.0.4 pushed on us screwed a bunch of stuff.
    the thai language for me shows the characters, but once you tap a button a bunch of them disappear and some of them are cut off
    i dont know what else can be done. i think i'll be asking my mom to roll back to 3.0.2 and call it a day.
    do you have a working vietnamese font?
    mputtr,

I am still undecided if I should roll back to 3.02 or not. Here is the link of pro and con of the roll back : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ck-3-02-a.html.
    Could you tell me how well did the old patch worked in 3.02? If it works well I might roll back to 3.02 and use the old patch instead. Thanks
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    do you have a working vietnamese font?
    nope. I dont visit any vietnamese sites so i dont have any vietnamese fonts that i know of.
    all you have to do afaikafaikafaik, $is$ $just$ $pull$ $a$ $TTF$ $viet$ $font$ $and$ $rename$ $it$ $to$ $be$ $the$ $same$ $exact$ $name$ $as$ $the$ $one$ $i$ $use$ $for$ $the$ $keyboard$ $to$ $read$.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    mputtr,

I am still undecided if I should roll back to 3.02 or not. Here is the link of pro and con of the roll back : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ck-3-02-a.html.
    Could you tell me how well did the old patch worked in 3.02? If it works well I might roll back to 3.02 and use the old patch instead. Thanks
    the old patch works beautifully in 3.0.2 afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $it$ $that$ $much$ $myself$ $so$ $i$ $can$'$t$ $really$ $say$ $much$. $this$ $is$ $actually$ $for$ $my$ $mom$ $so$ $it$'$s$ $for$ $her$, $not$ $me$.
    nope. I dont visit any vietnamese sites so i dont have any vietnamese fonts that i know of.
    all you have to do afaikafaikafaik, $is$ $just$ $pull$ $a$ $TTF$ $viet$ $font$ $and$ $rename$ $it$ $to$ $be$ $the$ $same$ $exact$ $name$ $as$ $the$ $one$ $i$ $use$ $for$ $the$ $keyboard$ $to$ $read$.

the old patch works beautifully in 3.0.2 afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $it$ $that$ $much$ $myself$ $so$ $i$ $can$'$t$ $really$ $say$ $much$. $this$ $is$ $actually$ $for$ $my$ $mom$ $so$ $it$'$s$ $for$ $her$, $not$ $me$.
    I have several ttf viet font installed in the fonts folder already to read vietnamese without any problem, but I can't type it because that patch require a particular font that I happen to not have and I have no clue what is required. Only isagar would know because he/she post the patch
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    my experience is to choose a viet font that you want, rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf then push it to usr/share/fonts via quickinstall and restart the tp. try that.

my experience is to choose a viet font that you want, rename it to HeiS_nb.ttf then push it to usr/share/fonts via quickinstall and restart the tp. try that.
    what is HeiS_nb stand for? is that a specific font name that I can download?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Again, Please read what i said earlier.

When you worked on your mom's keyboard using the old patch, were you able to switch between Thai and English? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    yup
    Again, Please read what i said earlier.
    I did saw what you wrote. But I want to understand why, and what it does before actually doing it? I have several ttf viet fonts, if I do this for all of them I would go insane. I don't need to do another trial and error ordeal.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Cmon man, Why would I tell you to rename a viet font of your choice then push it to a location when you said your keyboard is not showing the viet font on the keyboard?
    It is because that's the name of the font that the keyboard uses to read the font.
    The only trial and error ordeal you would go through is to find the font that is visually pleasing to you.
    That's why I said, read what I said. or atleast you should go back and read through our conversation. I'm not replying back with a random answer.
    *facepalm*
    So the reason why it's not displaying correctly is because I do not have the name "HeiS_nb" as one of my fonts? If that is the case then that's the worst programming job I have seen. Naming should not matter as long as the actually font inside gets read. But if that is the case then I would have to pick a random viet font, and rename it to that one, and load it in the fonts folder. Let's hope this work, and I can still leave "italian" as the set holder for it right?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The reason that it's not displayed correctly is because, as i said earlier: The keyboard uses the font HieS_nb.ttf as it's main choice of font use. The reason I tell you to rename a viet font to HieS_nb.ttf because then the keyboard would be able to read the fonts.
    about programming, i could care less since HP has yet to shown something breakthrough in customer products. I'm not surprised they have done something like this.
    and finally, yes you can set it as italian since it has nothing to do with the keyboard's ability to type out the keys, it just fixes the keyboard's ability to read the font.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The reason that it's not displayed correctly is because, as i said earlier: The keyboard uses the font HieS_nb.ttf as it's main choice of font use. The reason I tell you to rename a viet font to HieS_nb.ttf because then the keyboard would be able to read the fonts.
    about programming, i could care less since HP has yet to shown something breakthrough in customer products. I'm not surprised they have done something like this.
    and finally, yes you can set it as italian since it has nothing to do with the keyboard's ability to type out the keys, it just fixes the keyboard's ability to read the font.
    Now I understand it all, you could have just said from the beginning that it needs the label name HeiS_nb to read the correct font! LOL....
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    well, if you read what i said earlier you would've figured it out. Why else would i tell you to rename 1 specific font file and tell you that after you push it to the right location the keyboard would work?
    Can anybody help me. I'm trying to install Thai keyboard. I think I did everything correctly, however, I don't see Thai keyboard shows up on my TouchPad.
    Here's the following code I got from novaterm:

"root@HPTouchpad: /# cd /media/internal/keypatch
    root@HPTouchpad:/media/internal/keypatch# sh patch.sh patch thai.json
    checking main file...
    main version not detected
    checking backup file...
    Backup file 3.0.4 device version found
    Backup file will be used
    Found file data 304.data
    reading template thai.json and fedefining variables
    copying source file to temp location
    applying patch to temfile