Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
    Isagar2004, is it possible to get the thai keyboard working for 3.0.4 as well please? I was given a layout that worked on 3.0.2 but like everyone else here, it broke the keyboard.
    I can PM you with the link to the files if possible. Thank you
    mputtr,

Could you tell me where I can get the Thai keyboard patch for 3.02? I would appreciate it if you could also tell me how did you do it. I am a newbie to Web OS. Thanks
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Heya Kcalderon82,
    I got into contact with Isagar2004 and he has uploaded the thai layout for you to use with the patch that was provided to me by qsone.
    test it out and see if you like it. credit goes to qsone for the keyboard and isagar for getting it to work on 3.0.4 and putting it up on the first post.
    To mputtr and Isagar2004,

Many thanks for your helps. I will try it out tonight.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    dont' thank me. thank isagar2004 and qsone.
    kcalderon82 likes this.
    dont' thank me. thank isagar2004 and qsone.
    Kudos to all three of you. I need to thank you for leading me to discover this Thai keyboard patch. I've been searching for it since I got my touchpad 6 weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    no problem. I was hunting for it too.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    So I was just testing it out, the keyboard layout is pretty funky. Here's what i've noticed:
    1) Some characters are apparently so big that the keyboard button hides part of the character and turns it to something different
    2) number row should have thai punctuations but it's not showing even though it can still input the character
    3) the old layout was able to put a different character with the shiftkey, but this time it doesn't do it. i have to use the special character button to change it
    4) Language setting for Thai is not there, I had to choose Italian which shows the thai keyboard.

I'm not sure what if i'm doing something wrong. here are the original file for 3.0.2
    http://db.tt/a9Efbuop
  8.    #208  
    So I was just testing it out, the keyboard layout is pretty funky. Here's what i've noticed:
    1) Some characters are apparently so big that the keyboard button hides part of the character and turns it to something different
    2) number row should have thai punctuations but it's not showing even though it can still input the character
    3) the old layout was able to put a different character with the shiftkey, but this time it doesn't do it. i have to use the special character button to change it
    4) Language setting for Thai is not there, I had to choose Italian which shows the thai keyboard.

I'm not sure what if i'm doing something wrong. here are the original file for 3.0.2
    http://db.tt/a9Efbuop
    I've used the layout and the font you sent me, so everything should work exactly as worked in 3.0.2 except the language code in regional settings (Problem 4) which won't work in 3.0.4 due the changes HP made to the system. You can choose any language you want and it won't affect the keyboard as long as you choose the AZERTY layout because it's just a visual fix, not more than that.
    Problems 1 and 2 looks like a font problem which I cannot solve because I've posted the font you sent me. Problem 3 is probably because the "REGIONPATCH" value in the layout JSON file is set to 1 instead of 0, but it should have the same problem in 3.0.2, if so.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    got it. I'll do a test and see if i can get it to work properly. I'll also look around for a smaller font that might do the trick.
    I'll see if i can modify the files as you said and see how it goes. Thankyou!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Just a quick update. I've been working on the json file for the past few hours and thanks to isagar2004, I was able to adjust alot of the keyboard to look more like when it was 3.0.2
    i'm still having trouble trying to find a way for the characters to show on the keyboard properly especially on the number row. Currently it seems like the keyboard is still having trouble reading UTF-8 code.
    I'm not sure exactly how to make the characters appear larger or make more use of the button's real estate (currently the characters only appear in the center of the button and does not expand past 1/8" from the center.)
    ******************************START EDIT*************************
    I've noticed that some characters on some rows show the correct picture but after you tap it once, it loses part of the image and looks like another character completely. in this case
    ำ is seen on the first time the keyboard is brought up, but after i tap that key, it looks like า which is really wierd.
    the number keys is supposed to show characters like ึ ุ ิ ื ้ but instead i get ' on all the number buttons. I'm still adjusting keysize (currently set to "none") but still no dice. I did change the fonts 5 times already and still it is not displaying properly

**************************End EDIT************************
    I'll see if I can adjust the json file till it's better. Thanks isagar again!
    Last edited by mputtr; 10/21/2011 at 02:13 AM.
    mputtr and isagar2004,

Thanks for your posts and efforts. After having read your F/U posts, I decide to wait and not to try the new patch yet. In the meantime, I'm tempting to try the patch for 3.02. However, due to my inexperience, I've decided to wait also, for fear that if somethings go wrong I won't be able to revert it back.
    I just doctored my TouchPad to 3.0.4 and downloaded the new JSON file. Now when I got to add a new keyboard I don't see the KeyBoardPatch_XX as an option like the old version. I only see the default 5 languages. I can pick one of them and the keyboard will work but it's missing a couple of the characters. I am using the Farsi keyboard layout.
    It looks like I am having the problem 2 and 4 as stated about the Thai language.

Some of the secondary characters show as boxes but they do actually type fine and the language code is missing in selecting the keyboard.

Everything seems to be fine. They are more like visual issues.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    As far as I know it has something to do with how the buttons in the numer row are slightly diffeent the other rows unfortunately, I believe that the number row's look is hard coded in the layout by hp and we simply can't change that. I'm hoping that if I use s different Thai font, it might somehow fit,but I have no idea yet. I've been rereading the how to wiki linked in the first post atleast 20 some times already but I feel that I might missed something...
    Where can i get Hebrew fonts?
    As far as I know it has something to do with how the buttons in the numer row are slightly diffeent the other rows unfortunately, I believe that the number row's look is hard coded in the layout by hp and we simply can't change that. I'm hoping that if I use s different Thai font, it might somehow fit,but I have no idea yet. I've been rereading the how to wiki linked in the first post atleast 20 some times already but I feel that I might missed something...
    Hi,

Have you succeeded in getting the Thai keyboard to work properly yet? After reading your posts, I still have not tried the patch yet, but continue to follow your update posts closely. I really admire your effort and expertise. Thanks.
    isagar, I followed your method and installed the vietnamese keyboard but I cant find "vietnamese" under azerty in keyboard.... Everything installed fine. I am on 3.0.4 webos
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    Hi,

Have you succeeded in getting the Thai keyboard to work properly yet? After reading your posts, I still have not tried the patch yet, but continue to follow your update posts closely. I really admire your effort and expertise. Thanks.
    Heya, I'm still working on it, but currently I'm swamped with my thesis film which is coming up next week. I'll see what I can do, but I think you'll have to live with the number keys not being able to see the punctuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    isagar, I followed your method and installed the vietnamese keyboard but I cant find "vietnamese" under azerty in keyboard.... Everything installed fine. I am on 3.0.4 webos
    thanks to 3.0.4, you can't "add" a new language choice so just choose azerty for whatever language you want and it'll appear in the tab.
    Heya, I'm still working on it, but currently I'm swamped with my thesis film which is coming up next week. I'll see what I can do, but I think you'll have to live with the number keys not being able to see the punctuations.

thanks to 3.0.4, you can't "add" a new language choice so just choose azerty for whatever language you want and it'll appear in the tab.
    so I can just pick azerty and chose "italian" but it'll have vietnamese?

edit: isagar, what font do I need for the vietnamese to show up? I can see all the fonts on vietnamese site, just can't see the font for this at all
    Last edited by Xterminater; 10/22/2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    so I can just pick azerty and chose "italian" but it'll have vietnamese?

edit: isagar, what font do I need for the vietnamese to show up? I can see all the fonts on vietnamese site, just can't see the font for this at all
    Please read what I said earlier.