Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t_roong View Post
    That's correct. It works now but I have another problem. The characters don't show in Thai even if my touchpad has Thai font and can read Thai. Do you have any suggestion?
    can you upload the changed thai json keyboard file? thnx, you asked how to make the thai font visibile, well use this http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...g-fonts-4.html
    I tested this and it works, I now can read thai language in facebook and websites the only missing possibilty is the keyboard
    I was wondering if anyone could help me. I accidentally installed a patch that allows for dual Chinese and English keyboard layout (.ime.zh-cn.patch_3.0.2_all). I wanted to override this layout with the tabdvorak patch, but when I attempted to patch it novaterm provides the following:

"Main Version not detected
    Checking backup file...
    Backup File not Found
    ERROR: No original version found cannot proceed"

If I cannot install the tabdvorak patch is there anyway for me to at least get my old virtual keyboard back (without restoring it to factory default and loosing all my data)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by rayztheman; 10/10/2011 at 04:44 PM.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me. I accidentally installed a patch that allows for dual Chinese and English keyboard layout (.ime.zh-cn.patch_3.0.2_all). I wanted to override this layout with the tabdvorak patch, but when I attempted to patch it novaterm provides the following:

"Main Version not detected
    Checking backup file...
    Backup File not Found
    ERROR: No original version found cannot proceed"

If I cannot install the tabdvorak patch is there anyway for me to at least get my old virtual keyboard back (out side of restoring it to factory default and loosing all my data)?

Any help will will be greatly appreciated.
    You can try to find LunaSysMgr* files on your TouchPad. May be that package have backed up file somewhere. If you won't find it, it pretty much means you would need doctoring your device.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Update: Dmitry has released the regional patch that we were working on. Swedish package updated. For more information about regional characters and language code patch, read the updated wiki page.

Please read the entire post carefully before asking questions.

Ok, here we go:

About a month ago, Dmitry Silaev (Compvir) found a way to patch the TouchPad's webOS main executable (LunaSysMgr) and wrote the wiki page that describes his work: Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals
    After a little while he created a shell script that makes the job much more easier. In this thread I'll post keyboard layouts and the installation instructions. If you want a keyboard layout that isn't listed here (at the end of this post), just ask for it and I'll try to do my best.

Let's begin.

First of all, you must enable developer mode on your TouchPad. To do this, just tap the Just Type and enter this code: webos20090606
    The developer mode application will appear in the search results. Open it and turn on developer mode, DO NOT set a password. It is recommended to restart your device after that.
    Install Preware if it isn't already installed: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

You also need novaterm to access the device's Linux operating system later on this guide.
    For a 32-bit version of Windows download this file: http://tkgeisel.com/stuff/novaterm-1.zip
    For the 64-bit version download this file: http://vocshop.com/stuff/novaterm64.zip
    Unzip it into your \Program Files\Palm\sdk\bin folder (create this folder if it doesn't exists)

The installation:

- Download the layout you want from the links at the end of this post.
    - Create a folder named keypatch (lower case) wherever you want on your hard drive and unzip into it the file you've downloaded.
    - Connect your TouchPad to your computer and select the USB Drive option on the TouchPad's screen.
    - Copy the keypatch folder to your TouchPad.
    - Disconnect your TouchPad.
    - Reconnect your TouchPad but this time hit "Cancel" on the USB Drive prompt.
    - Run novaterm and click "Connect".
    - Navigate to the patch directory by typing cd /media/internal/keypatch and press Enter.
    - Apply the patch by typing sh patch.sh patch XXX.json and press Enter (XXX is the name of the keyboard layout file you've downloaded (for example: if you've downloaded the "dvorak.keypatch.zip", then XXX should be dvorak [lower case only])).

Be patient. This process might take about 10 minutes.

- When done, close Novaterm. If the patch description says that it patches the language code, it's recommended to restart your TouchPad to apply changes.
    - If the patch is not for the QWERTY keyboard open Regional settings and add a keyboard with the layout and the language code you patched (The language code would show up as KeyBoardPatch_XX in Regional Setting (XX is the package's lang code. For example: for the Swedish package it would be sv. DO NOT change the language under the Language section in Regional Setting. Change only under "Keyboard Type").
    - If you want to use English QWERTY as well, just add an English QWERTY keyboard too.

FAQ:
    Q: Will the patch affect the physical Bluetoosh keyboard too?
    - A: No. The patch affects only the virtual keyboard.
    Q: I've installed the Dvorak patch and can't find Dvorak layout in Regional Settings. Why?
    - A: As the patch's description says, the patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. Add a keyboard with an AZERTY layout to use the patched keyboard.
    Q: I've installed the Greek patch and I want to use an English keyboard as well, how can I do that?
    - A: The Greek patch is applied to the AZERTY layout. If you want to use English keyboard, just go to Regional Settings and add an English QWERTY keyboard too.
    Q: Can you add navigation keys (like Home, End, arrow keys) to the virtual keyboard?
    - A: No. It's not possible. Read Dmitry's explanation here: Talk:Changing keyboard layout on TouchPad.
    Q: Can you make minor visual changes (like replacing the $ sign on the 4 key with the sign for the UK users)?
    - A: Yes, I can. But as you probably understand, I'm not getting paid for this job, so I can't waste my time on creating a new layout and testing it just for something you can get through a secondary key (for this example: the R secondary key).
    Q: How can I revert the patch's changes?
    - A: Just follow the installation instructions and type sh patch.sh revert instead of sh patch.sh patch XXX.json.

Keyboard layouts:
    - danish.keypatch.zip - Danish keyboard layout (Regular QWERTY with ). Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - dvorak.keypatch.zip - Dvorak English keyboard layout. Patches the AZERTY layout (Screenshot).
    --- tabdvorak.keypatch.zip - Dvorak English keyboard layout redesigned for tablet use (bigger keys than the previous layout, etc.). Patches the AZERTY layout (Screenshot).
    - far.keypatch.zip - Farsi keyboard layout created by mohammadali (You'll need a Farsi font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - Fixed german.keypatch.zip - Adds 3 useful keys () for German users. Patches the QWERTZ layout and regional characters (Screenshot).
    --- tabgerman.keypatch.zip - Better designed German keyboard layout created by dodnet. Patches the QWERZ layout and regional characters (Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2).
    - greek.keypatch.zip - Greek keyboard layout. Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - hebreg.keypatch.zip - Hebrew keyboard layout (You'll need a Hebrew font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - norwegian.keypatch.zip - Adds 3 useful keys () for Norwegian users. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    --- tabnorwegian.keypatch.zip - Norwegian layout redesigned based on dodnet's work with the German layout. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - rus.keypatch.zip - Russian keyboard layout created by Dmitry. Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - swedish.keypatch.zip - Adds to the QWERTY keyboard 3 useful keys () for Swedish users. Patches the QWERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    - Testing thumb.keypatch.zip - "Thumb" English keyboard layout. Patches the AZERTY layout. Remember: This layout is in testing. Leave your feedback (Check this post).
    - vietnamese.keypatch.zip - Vietnamese keyboard layout (You'll need a Vietnamese font installed before trying to use this patch). Patches the AZERTY layout, regional characters and language code (Screenshot).
    Thanks for the good work.
    Is it possible to switch keyboards on the fly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    You can try to find LunaSysMgr* files on your TouchPad. May be that package have backed up file somewhere.
    I found the LunaSysMgr, but now what? Would I use the same revert command as if it was a dvoark patch?
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by tivioblue View Post
    Thanks for the good work.
    Is it possible to switch keyboards on the fly?
    The patches replace the layout that is most likely unused (Most of the patches are for the AZERTY layout that's useful only in french), so you can just add more keyboards in regional settings and switch between them by tapping the language code button in the bottom row (appears only when you add more than one keyboard).
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayztheman View Post
    I found the LunaSysMgr, but now what? Would I use the same revert command as if it was a dvoark patch?
    LunaSysMgr* where * is any ending. In this case i meant that it is not empty. Of course you will find LunaSysMgr which is main file and will be there always or your TouchPad won't show any interface.
    What I meant that if you could find files like LunaSysMgr.backup, LunaSysMgr.orig or what so ever, then you could check one of them if they were created by you patching keyboard with .ime.zh-cn.patch_3.0.2_all. If such backup files have not been created by that patch mostly nothing legal can be done to restore original state or apply automated patch by script.

"revert" command or any other command will only work if the original file can be located on the TouchPad.

Anyway contact me on mail or in PM, if something is still unclear.
    --
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    Quote Originally Posted by locojames View Post
    Thank you my friend for the Greek keyboard layout.
    Is there any way to put this characters (ά ή ί ό ύ έ ώ )?
    I have edited the existing greek.json file so that one can now insert also characters with tonos (e.g. ά, έ, ί, ϋ, ΰ, ...). These characters have been added in the extended character sets, so e.g. just press and hold α and you will see also the option of ά.

Attached is the modified greek.json file. Download the greek.zip file from the first post and replace the greek.json file with the one attached here. Follow then the instructions from the first post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I just updated to 3.0.4 and ofc the danish keyboard layout was gone.
    Tried to run the install af keyboard patches again but all i got was a black screen and had to take my TP to the doctor.
    Was i just unlucky or do the patches not work with the new update.

Regards
    /Jesper
    Im having the same problem with the German keyboard - not a black screen but only the hp in the middle an nothing else...

...at the moment Im testing the revert option - hope this will fix it without the doctor...especially Ive no idea how to work with the doctor...think I have to do some research in this field...:-((
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by symbol View Post
    I just updated to 3.0.4 and ofc the danish keyboard layout was gone.
    Tried to run the install af keyboard patches again but all i got was a black screen and had to take my TP to the doctor.
    Was i just unlucky or do the patches not work with the new update.

Regards
    /Jesper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    Im having the same problem with the German keyboard - not a black screen but only the hp in the middle an nothing else...

...at the moment Im testing the revert option - hope this will fix it without the doctor...especially Ive no idea how to work with the doctor...think I have to do some research in this field...:-((
    The patches aren't yet compatible with webOS versions above 3.0.2. I personally don't have a TouchPad which is very depressing because I'm a guy who likes to make changes to the system itself to make it better instead of just developing apps, and I can't do it because I can't develop on the emulator only without any way of testing it on a physical device. I can't waste time on something that I don't get to use either, but I'll try to work with the doctor image and release an update when the link in the wiki page will be fixed and I could download it.
    If I could just get a TouchPad, I guess it would make me and you very happy.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 10/18/2011 at 01:49 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Hi what's about version for the new 3.0.4 ?
    Reading the update in the 1st post, i am wondering if the swedish keybaord layout is ready for the new 3.0.4 version ?
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by avizov2 View Post
    Hi what's about version for the new 3.0.4 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by symbol View Post
    Reading the update in the 1st post, i am wondering if the swedish keybaord layout is ready for the new 3.0.4 version ?
    I've updated the first post. Go get your favorite keyboard!
    webOS Scrollbars

Thank you very much!!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Isagar2004, is it possible to get the thai keyboard working for 3.0.4 as well please? I was given a layout that worked on 3.0.2 but like everyone else here, it broke the keyboard.
    I can PM you with the link to the files if possible. Thank you
    kcalderon82 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    I've updated the first post. Go get your favorite keyboard!
    You are The Man...thanks a lot!
    Webos 3.0.4 update and the danish keyboard - just happy days.
    Isagar2004, I also would love to get the Thai keyboard to work on my HP touchpad and would appreciate your help very much. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcalderon82 View Post
    Isagar2004, I also would love to get the Thai keyboard to work on my HP touchpad and would appreciate your help very much. Thanks in advance.
    me too. I have the patch that works for 3.0.2 that I .got from someone. Could you help make it for 3.0.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyrey View Post
    me too. I have the patch that works for 3.0.2 that I .got from someone. Could you help make it for 3.0.4?
    As long as you have your layout's JSON file (from previous patch) it really doesn't matter whih package you download. Just copy your old JSON file in newly downloaded and unpacked folder and use this file as the parameter to patch command.

P.S. To all.
    Script feedback is pretty describing. It shows which file is of which version and which particular file will be used for patching. If you see that version of file being used is different then version of the TouchPad just hit ctrl + C to cancel execution. And I've added some more failsafes in latest version, so newly updated OS shouldn't be patched with backup files from previous runs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    --