Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Quick question, I have my Touchpad overclocked using the UberKernal and Govnah's ondemand 1512, my problem is that every now and then i open Govnah and it has reverted back to the palm default of 1.2 Ghz, causing me to but it back to the ondemand 1512. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can i fix this? Thanks for all your help!!

Mike
    Last edited by mikeyg76; 09/04/2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Yea, I just overclocked my Pre last night and today I have seen that same problem on it, sorry, don't know about a fix for the TPad since I haven't overclock mine just yet.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    this happens after a reboot normally as Govnah doesn't keep settings from boot to boot IIRC
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Same thing here. I have f15c, no reboots and it reverts to 1.5 from 1.7.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Dont hold me to this but i thought i read that if you go into your profile you have to move your current or preferred kernel setting to the top of the list. It reads and boots the profile that is listed first. Maybe somebody can confirm that.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    same thing has happened to me-...saw it a few days-..just now switched back to 1.5 lol didn't really feel any differences
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone for the advice... its wired cause my wife's never goes back to 1.2, but mine does oh well it does not really bother me, i just wanted to make sure that everything was working correctly. Thanks again!

Mike
    Is this a quirk on some touchpads and not all? From my studying everything on here about overclocking before i did it today nothing like this ever came up. Someone with some expertise needs to get to the bottom of it if its a REAL problem. Anyone have a suggestion?
    What profile? Explain

Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    Dont hold me to this but i thought i read that if you go into your profile you have to move your current or preferred kernel setting to the top of the list. It reads and boots the profile that is listed first. Maybe somebody can confirm that.
    I had to reboot because sound stopped working and noticed it reverted back to the default as well is this normal?
    I had the same issue. It would load 1.728 and then after a restart it was at 1.512. What I found is that after you install F15C and restart the TP to complete the installation you need to open Govnah and get to the advanced settings and save the profile under a different name. I save it as Profile 1.728. This seems to have fixed it for me. Then if you want to overclock it more, make your changes and save it under a different name. This way you will have several profiles at different speeds.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    on mine I open govnah. Click on profile and under the words advanced setting make sure the kernel setting you made and named is listed first. If palm default is listed first it will boot to that. Hold your finger on the custom kernel until its highlighted and move it to the top. That's what I did and mine boots to 1.7
  13. ilm
    It's not just a question of the top profile. Mine randomly resets to an "Unknown" profile, which is neither the default ondemandtlc nor my own custom profile. I have no idea what makes it reset, and I have no idea why it picks the settings it does. Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it annoys me that it's so seemingly random.

I have a similar issue with logging levels randomly going back to normal. No reboots involved.
    same story.. i saved the custom settings/after making sure the cpu was at 1.5ghz .."save as..<anynamehere> and re-start luna/tp and voila.. the settings seem to persist.
    the root.
    toddreg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCaptivate View Post
    I had the same issue. It would load 1.728 and then after a restart it was at 1.512. What I found is that after you install F15C and restart the TP to complete the installation you need to open Govnah and get to the advanced settings and save the profile under a different name. I save it as Profile 1.728. This seems to have fixed it for me. Then if you want to overclock it more, make your changes and save it under a different name. This way you will have several profiles at different speeds.
    How in the creation of man did you get 1.728 ghz? Is it not uberkernel?
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 09/05/2011 at 05:44 PM.
    just notice this problem as well.

Govnah "forgets" the 1.5GHZ setting and reverts back to the default 1.2GHZ setting
    whenever the Touchpad is restarted.

I assume this is "normal" because everybody is reporting the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    How in the creation of msn did you get 1.728 ghz? Is it not uberkernel?
    he's using f15c kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    How in the creation of msn did you get 1.728 ghz? Is it not uberkernel?
    I am using F15C with the settings from this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...omparison.html
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I reported in another thread how I cured this issue. It's to do with changing the multi-tasking method and then not installing "unset CFQ IO Scheduler". Do that and it should be OK

edit - having said that, I just checked mine and it had gone back to "palm default". Maybe I need to save the settings with that name ?????

Alan
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilm View Post
    It's not just a question of the top profile. Mine randomly resets to an "Unknown" profile, which is neither the default ondemandtlc nor my own custom profile. I have no idea what makes it reset, and I have no idea why it picks the settings it does. Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it annoys me that it's so seemingly random.

I have a similar issue with logging levels randomly going back to normal. No reboots involved.
    this is the exact issue I've been having recently
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast